Fowler: League executives believe DK is available

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The right price is likely too high. Probably even higher for the Jets. 

I have to wonder if this is the type of player Saleh and LaFleur wants for the Jets. I know guys fast and can fight for the ball. But they seem to really like the tight route runner types. DK is not the best route runner from what I hear. Now he is the monster Jump Ball guy Zach would likely thrive with. So? Seems neither Zach nor DK fit their offense? It’s all really confusing, 

I’m sure they would have interest if he becomes available. A guy like DK you work your offense around him

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

JD can’t miss out on him too. If we could get him trading both our 2nd rounders would be awesome. I’d even give them pick 10. Should be interesting 

He sure can miss out on Metcalf if the Seahawks ask for the same comp as what they paid for Adams

No deal, DJ isnt Hill, doesnt deserve the same deal the Jets offered for Hill

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m sure they would have interest if he becomes available. A guy like DK you work your offense around him

Yes, you do. Not sure they do. Seem rigid in their approach to the offense. More get personnel to fit rather than change it to fit. personnel. Yet, if ever a guy to change for DK is a force of nature abs exactly a guy I think could help Zach. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Totally guess, but Jets probably have the Hill offer on the table and Seattle probably wants their 1st rounder back.  

I think, but dont have the charts that say the 10th and one of our 2nd is a better offer than both our twos

For us

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Adding DK makes our receiver group look legit.

Moore, Davis, Braxton, Rookie, Mims, Rookie

vs

DK, Moore, Davis, Braxton, Mims, Rookie

Let Mims be your punt gunner.

No, you dont get it, whats the matter with you?

With those WRs we wont ever have to punt.  

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I hear you, but if it's just #10 and nothing more I pull the trigger.  You're taking a WR there anyway.  

This kind of trade (or any trade with Jets) might be a tough pill to swallow for Seattle. Trading their top receiver to Jets for half what they  gave us for a mediocre safety. They would be shredded by press and fans.

• Sympathy 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Read in a few spots that the Seahawks are running a low-key fire sale, but DK is going to be the crown jewel if anyone wants him. A team could probably get Tyler Lockett at a relative discount, though.

With the ownership situation in flux Carrol and Schnieder have no pressure to win now and are in a perfect situation to rebuild however they see fit.

I can definitely see them trading DK pre draft.

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Read in a few spots that the Seahawks are running a low-key fire sale, but DK is going to be the crown jewel if anyone wants him. A team could probably get Tyler Lockett at a relative discount, though.

I could be happy with Lockett if they play hardball with DJ but are willing to move Lockett for a relative discount.  Lockett seems like the kind of WR that any QB would love to have as a part of his offense

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You have a delightful imagination Fido, 

So when he's a Jet do I get acknowledgement that's my imagination is actually reality?

Jets will end up with Metcalf or AJ.  You can bank on it.

No way Metcalf is playing this year for $4mm while there's a $100mm+ guaranteed on the table.  I certainly wouldn't.  At 24 he can afford to sit out a year.

Seattle is going to move him - it's just a matter of what the comp they get back.  And I don't know of another team that has the draft capital and cap space to afford both.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So when he's a Jet do I get acknowledgement that's my imagination is actually reality?

Jets will end up with Metcalf or Moore.  You can bank on it.

No way Metcalf is playing this year for $4mm while there's a $100mm+ guaranteed on the table.  I certainly wouldn't.  At 24 he can afford to sit out a year.

Seattle is going to move him - it's just a matter of what the comp they get back.  And I don't know of another team that has the draft capital and cap space to afford both.

By Moore, do you mean DJ Moore? He signed an extension, do you think they'd move him this year?

3 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

This kind of trade (or any trade with Jets) might be a tough pill to swallow for Seattle. Trading their top receiver to Jets for half what they  gave us for a mediocre safety. They would be shredded by press and fans.

I get what you're saying, I really do....and it'll a tough pill to swallow - but I think they're a professional organization and will do what's in the best interest of their team.  They're not going to take less from someone else.  If the Jets have the best offer on the table they'll do a deal with the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

FPa9nQCXMAAIr9r.thumb.jpeg.ffec40dda02e00e2e069e98861f403e3.jpeg

I like that the pic Bleacher Report or Fowler used has DK in Lambeau. This a sign?

Not saying this is the cat I want Gute to trade for. If Gute can swing a deal for AJ Brown or Stefon Diggs then I am all in on that. 

I don't really feel DK is "Packer People" that Gute likes to bring in the building. It's not just about talent when you bring guys in. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think, but dont have the charts that say the 10th and one of our 2nd is a better offer than both our twos

For us

ah...so you're saying 35 and 38 is more valuable than 10? as per that chart.

Hmm...I didn't realize that, but I'm all for JD making the call as to what he thinks is best.  To me, either option is a no brainer.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Where is there a $100M guaranteed offer on the table for a Metcalf? 

Metcalf isnt in a position to ask for Hill money.  The talent and the circumstances arent the same

37 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

For me, it's the same as if it were another team making the same offer and I'm not sure there is someone willing to match what the Jets could send them. 

The only difference between trading with someone else or the Jets is an emotional one. 

If Seattle wants to run their franchise emotionally instead of logically well then they deserve to be where concerns over public perception and emotionality gets them.

• Upvote 4