Fowler: League executives believe DK is available

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's available because he wants $30mm a year and Seattle is starting a rebuild.

When u rebuild, you dont get rid of your good, young talent.  You get rid of bobby wagner type players.

If Seattle is rebuilding, dk is exactly the type of player u lock up so ur young qb has a young stud receiver to grow with.

Seattle knows something about dk.  There are red flags here.  I hope Joe D doesnt fall for this.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

ah...so you're saying 35 and 38 is more valuable than 10? as per that chart.

Hmm...I didn't realize that, but I'm all for JD making the call as to what he thinks is best.  To me, either option is a no brainer.

Have to admit I havent bothered to corroborate that but more than one posted just that. I'll take their word, this is the internet, it has to be true 

4 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

FPa9nQCXMAAIr9r.thumb.jpeg.ffec40dda02e00e2e069e98861f403e3.jpeg

I like that the pic Bleacher Report or Fowler used has DK in Lambeau. This a sign?

Not saying this is the cat I want Gute to trade for. If Gute can swing a deal for AJ Brown or Stefon Diggs then I am all in on that. 

I don't really feel DK is "Packer People" that Gute likes to bring in the building. It's not just about talent when you bring guys in. 

So the Packers are going to basically trade Davante Adams plus draft capital greater or equal in value to the significant offer the Jets could give in exchange for DK Metcalf? 

I'm sure that will go over well in Green Bay. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where is there a $100M guaranteed offer on the table for a Metcalf? 

Metcalf isnt in a position to ask for Hill money.  The talent and the circumstances arent the same

Sure he is.  Jets absolutely have $30mm a year on the table. 

We'll see it play out, but he's likely to get a better deal than Hill....Age alone makes the difference.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I get what you're saying, I really do....and it'll a tough pill to swallow - but I think they're a professional organization and will do what's in the best interest of their team.  They're not going to take less from someone else.  If the Jets have the best offer on the table they'll do a deal with the Jets.

The bugaboo, as it’s been with all of these receiver trades, is that DK would have to choose to sign an extension with the Jets to make any trade compensation worthwhile.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I suppose I’d be alright giving them 10 and maybe a late round pick, but there’s no way I’m giving up multiple 2nds for this guy. The second round is where I want the most picks this year. This team still needs a bunch of solid players rather than one [maybe] star. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

If the Jets land Metcalf the offense is complete (maybe another RB in the middle rounds). It would allow JD and coach Saleh to go all defense in the draft

Im with you KT and Sauce would be nice jolt of energy into the defense. With DK on offense.. 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone considered the possibility that JD's big game hunting for a proven WR, which will result in a massive $$ contract extension that chews up a chunk of his beloved cap, is an indication that NONE of the top tier WR's in this upcoming draft particularly float his boat?  Trying to see what everyone who's convinced he's going WR at #10 is seeing...

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So when he's a Jet do I get acknowledgement that's my imagination is actually reality?

Jets will end up with Metcalf or AJ.  You can bank on it.

No way Metcalf is playing this year for $4mm while there's a $100mm+ guaranteed on the table.  I certainly wouldn't.  At 24 he can afford to sit out a year.

Seattle is going to move him - it's just a matter of what the comp they get back.  And I don't know of another team that has the draft capital and cap space to afford both.

Ok Fido. I will put “Fido Knows DK” above my screen name if he’s a Jet. Honestly sounds possible but I just can’t see Seattle doing anything but walking  away if they can’t save face on the deal. I’m a spiteful Sicilian so likely it’s a me thing, 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The bugaboo, as it’s been with all of these receiver trades, is that DK would have to choose to sign an extension with the Jets to make any trade compensation worthwhile.

Yes, completely agree.

But if the Jets are the only player in town (and might be) and $100mm+ gauranteed is on the table or play for $4mm this year...He will agree to join the Jets.

Now, as others are saying - Metcalf isn't going to the get Hill level deal (which I completely disagree with - I find him to be FAR more valuable) if the money isn't enough - then yes.  He can wait it out and get what he wants next year.

I just don't think the Jets are going to let $$ get in the way here.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

FPa9nQCXMAAIr9r.thumb.jpeg.ffec40dda02e00e2e069e98861f403e3.jpeg

I like that the pic Bleacher Report or Fowler used has DK in Lambeau. This a sign?

Not saying this is the cat I want Gute to trade for. If Gute can swing a deal for AJ Brown or Stefon Diggs then I am all in on that. 

I don't really feel DK is "Packer People" that Gute likes to bring in the building. It's not just about talent when you bring guys in. 

LOL, Packer people

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ok Fido. I will put “Fido Knows DK” above my screen name if he’s a Jet. Honestly sounds possible but I just can’t see Seattle doing anything but walking  away if they can’t save face on the deal. I’m a spiteful Sicilian so likely it’s a me thing, 

I will hold you to it :-)

I'm a Sicilian that never forgets.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Im with you KT and Sauce would be nice jolt of energy into the defense. With DK on offense.. 

Depends on what a DK would cost us.  Could leave us without the ammo to draft KT and Sauce

If we do get DK then we can go edge, linebacker, OL and TE first two days. No particular order. Yes, I think we still draft a TE. I do. Least since want to. Should I? I Excise me Mr. @Paradis feel free to comment, yes I’m taking to you. Should I? Still very confusing, but I think they should, 

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When u rebuild, you dont get rid of your good, young talent.  You get rid of bobby wagner type players.

If Seattle is rebuilding, dk is exactly the type of player u lock up so ur young qb has a young stud receiver to grow with.

Seattle knows something about dk.  There are red flags here.  I hope Joe D doesnt fall for this.

You have to assume that Joe is more plugged in then we are. There is ALWAYS a problem with superstar WR divas. Zach needs a WR1 so we can see if he is the truth or if we need to reboot with another QB in 2023. 

• Upvote 1

There are a few scenarios where DK won’t be a Jet. One of course is that Seattle simply holds onto him. The other possibilities are that Seattle either gives permission to DK on where he wants to play and he goes to Green Bay or Kansas City to chase a ring, or Seattle just decides to take a lesser offer from another team out of spite for fear of media backlash with getting hosed by the Jets again. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Depends on what a DK would cost us.  Could leave us without the ammo to draft KT and Sauce

Well we’d obviously still have pick 4. Then even if we do give up 10 in the DK trade that means we still have our two high 2nd rd picks. Douglas could even package those together to move back into the 1st to grab the guy he wants. Lots of flexibility 

30 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So the Packers are going to basically trade Davante Adams plus draft capital greater or equal in value to the significant offer the Jets could give in exchange for DK Metcalf? 

I'm sure that will go over well in Green Bay. 

There are some incorrect narratives out there on why the Packers traded Davante. Davante's dream since childhood has been to play for the Raiders. It was a now or never thing for him. Davante asked the Packers to trade him to Las Vegas. The Packers got a 1st and 2nd in this draft, and 20 mill in cap space that they used to re-sign Rasul Douglas, De'Vondre Campbell, and Robert Tonyan. The Packers moved on with no drama.

Not sure what you mean by: "I'm sure that will go over well in Green Bay." If the Packers traded for Metcalf I can assure you that there would be no revolt in Green Bay. The Packers are going to make a transaction for a vet WR, it is just a matter of who. 

I am not going to get into a debate on whether the Packers or Jets are the more likely landing spot for Metcalf. Obviously you personally really want him and don't want to hear about other teams that may acquire him. More power to you.

I am pretty neutral on DK. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

There are some incorrect narratives out there on why the Packers traded Davante. Davante's dream since childhood has been to play for the Raiders. It was a now or never thing for him. Davante asked the Packers to trade him to Las Vegas. The Packers got a 1st and 2nd in this draft and moved on with no drama. 

Not sure what you mean by: "I'm sure that will go over well in Green Bay." If the Packers traded for Metcalf I can assure you that there would be no revolt in Green Bay. The Packers are going to make a transaction for a vet WR, it is just a matter of who. 

I am not going to get into a debate on whether the Packers or Jets are the more likely landing spot for Metcalf. Obviously you personally really want him and don't want to hear about other teams that may acquire him. More power to you.

I am pretty neutral on DK. 

The packers paid their QB $50mm a year - so they can't afford to pay a WR $30mm, you simply can't lock up more than a 1/3 of your cap on two players and expect to field a NFL roster.- that's why they traded Adams.  I am sorry, but I don't buy that was about the Packers being altruistic.  This is professional sports - you don't give up a top player in the game because he misses home.  Silly really.

• Post of the Week 1

Offer them #10 and let’s ride. It’s a no brainer, the pick is going to be a WR anyway. That would still give us 4, 35, & 38. The scenario where the Jets trade for DK or AJ Brown and still come out of the draft with a haul is very feasible 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes and this seems unlikely until proven otherwise 

• Upvote 1

I really hope JD stays away from him. He is not a good route runner, he doesn’t block, and there might be something off upstairs. Not worth the draft comp plus a new contract.

It’s not that I’m against spending for good players. I would have loved to gotten and paid Amari or Adams or AJ Brown. It’s just that I don’t think Metcalf is as good as his reputation, and will only get worse on a team that doesn’t have a borderline HoF QB throwing to him.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that JD's big game hunting for a proven WR, which will result in a massive $$ contract extension that chews up a chunk of his beloved cap, is an indication that NONE of the top tier WR's in this upcoming draft particularly float his boat?  Trying to see what everyone who's convinced he's going WR at #10 is seeing...

I’ve brought this up a few times and believe this is the case.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have to admit I havent bothered to corroborate that but more than one posted just that. I'll take their word, this is the internet, it has to be true 

I just checked a few charts and 10 is more valuable than 35 and 38 on all of them.  

Seattle might prefer two picks to one though. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The packers paid their QB $50mm a year - so they can't afford to pay a WR $30mm, you simply can't lock up more than a 1/3 of your cap on two players and expect to field a NFL roster.- that's why they traded Adams.  I am sorry, but I don't buy that was about the Packers being altruistic.  This is professional sports - you don't give up a top player in the game because he misses home.  Silly really.

The Packers offered Davante a contract for more than the Raiders did. Davante wanted to go to the Raiders. Had the Packers signed Davante to the extension they offered the cap hit would have been less than the 20 mill for keeping him on the franchise tag. Giving players new deals and moving money around make their cap hits less. Aaron's cap hit went from 46 mill to 28 mill now. Aaron's new deal actually freed up more money. Fact.

People really shouldn't analyze things they don't have the correct information on. 

"Silly really"

56 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

What I see is that Joe Douglas sees WR as a major need and that if he can’t trade for a top vet he will need to draft one high. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Read in a few spots that the Seahawks are running a low-key fire sale, but DK is going to be the crown jewel if anyone wants him. A team could probably get Tyler Lockett at a relative discount, though.

They’re aiming for Metcalf

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the Jets and Seattle are in a stalemate.  Seattle doesn't seem to have any interest in paying him $30mm a year and the Jets do...but the Jets probably have an offer on the table that isn't what Seattle wants.  

Total guess, but Jets probably have the Hill offer on the table and Seattle probably wants their 1st rounder back.  

Question is, is there someone else willing to give up more than what the Jets are offering?  If not, JD just sits tight and eventually Seattle will take what's on the table.

I like this take and don’t think it is far from reality. Jd might have his faults but he has shown patience.

waiting this out can and probably will be beneficial. 

• Upvote 1