Fowler: League executives believe DK is available

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

I respect what you said in the last thread about it being ridiculous for them not to accept the Jet’s offer,  if its the best.  The problem is, there aren’t going to be too many teams bidding.  Its very possible the Jets are the only serious contender. And if they are in no hurry to trade him, they are going to make the Jets overpay.  Like the Adams situation.  They same GM is not going to be had again. I don’t see them doing this without something very close to their 2 ones , back in return 

Completely agree.  In fact I think the Jets might be only team involved.  

When all's said and done though - is Seattle willing to pay Metcalf $30mm a year?  Because if not I just don't see him playing this year.  If they're willing to pay him and the Jets are the only game in town you may very well be right.

If they're unwilling to pay him - they'll have to take the best offer on the table - and that offer is likely to be the Jets.  If Seattle was willing to pay him, they wouldn't even be considering trades.

That's just the way I see this playing out.

• Upvote 1

I've seen a lot of trade ideas, but how do y'all think a pick swap would go? Like if we drop down to 9 (Hawks pick) from 4, would the value be the same as giving up the 2nds because I remember us going 6 to 3 was three 2nds.

• Upvote 1

I've seen a lot of trade ideas, but how do y'all think a pick swap would go? Like if we drop down to 9 (Hawks pick) from 4, would the value be the same as giving up the 2nds because I remember us going 6 to 3 was three 2nds.
I think swap picks .. gain a second and a third
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Cant imagine DK gets $30m from anyone. He’s not better or more accomplished than Hill. Adams just got $28 per year and he's also better than DK.

He's 24 vs. 28.  That's a huge difference worth $2mm a year.

But sure - assume you're right - so it's $28, $27 or even $26mm instead of $30mm - I don't see that changing overall view of Seattles, Jets or Metcalf..

I, for one, would rather DK over Hill right now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

This goes back to a point I’ve been making for a little while. We keep hearing about these amazing WR drafts, year after year. 8, 12, 15 new rookies coming into the NFL almost every year. Well, three or four years later those guys start to hit free agency or become available via trade. My personal feeling is that while wide receivers are very important there is also a pretty good supply of them.

Look at how many big-name WRs are on the move this year. Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Robert woods, Amari Cooper, and others rumored to be available at this moment via trade.

The Jets can’t make a panic move. JD has shown he will be aggressive as evidenced by his pursuit of Tyreek Hill, but he shouldn’t overpay and he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who will.

Who are we expecting to be free agents next year at wide receiver?

I think you are going to see more 'big ticket' free agents being traded or on the move and the draft will be even more important for cheaper ticketed players.  Unless they are willing to take QB's out of the salary cap, we are going to see a $60 million a year player soon.  When that happens, its over.  You can't build a team of any quality paying one player that much. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Cant imagine DK gets $30m from anyone. He’s not better or more accomplished than Hill. Adams just got $28 per year and he's also better than DK.

Adams was awarded $22.3M over 3 seasons. 

Hill was awarded $25M over 3 seasons. 

Both contracts were constructed as 5 years deals with a bloated backend year. But the above is essentially what they're lock to earn. Therefore no one is nearing $30M per year. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think you are going to see more 'big ticket' free agents being traded or on the move and the draft will be even more important for cheaper ticketed players.  Unless they are willing to take QB's out of the salary cap, we are going to see a $60 million a year player soon.  When that happens, its over.  You can't build a team of any quality paying one player that much. 

When a player gets 60mil/ year the Salary cap keeps going up as well, so it’s all relative. 
Plus, there always seems to be so many different ways to stay under the cap while fielding  a team of high payed all stars, like the Rams 

Teams that are in a win now scenario figure it out…I wish we’ll be one soon.

The main thing that scares me is Metcalf’s paltry career avg. (3 years) Catch %age - 60.3%. Hill, who we went after has a 67% catch date in his 6 years with his lowest year at 63%

Metcalf has the tools but also some drops. For his contract and off field issues (calamari with Ranch sauce?!? WTF!?!?) I’d be willing to part with the 2 2nd rounders, but not either of the 1st in addition to doling out a mega contract for a WR who gets by more on physical traits rather than Professional “master of your craft” savvy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeffkitref said:

Is there proof that Seattle does not want to deal with the Jets anymore?

I don't have any factual information on the Jets situation with Seattle, but Packers GM Brian Gutekunst and John Schneider are very tight. John and Gute worked together in Green Bay for several years. Any transaction between the Packers and Seattle would go very smoothly FWIW.

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm glad most of you are not the gm. Ridiculous to give up so much for this guy. He is not Tyreek. He is a good solid WR no doubt, but people foget dude disappointed whith Russel at times. Like entire half's of the season. Anyway

If I said he is no Braxton berrios - how pissed would you be at me?

sorry but I had to do it

• Upvote 2

I don't see the DK love, personally. 

He's definitely above average but I don't think I'm throwing $30 million per at this guy.

He's 29th in receptions last year.

28th in yards.

Now the real nice statistic is 4th in TDs but I'm not sure I'm sending a ton of draft capital and $30 million for him.

He does have 2 seasons with 10 or more TDs but only one season over 1000 yards.

Maybe as a free agent but not sure I do it in a trade.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm glad most of you are not the gm. Ridiculous to give up so much for this guy. He is not Tyreek. He is a good solid WR no doubt, but people foget dude disappointed whith Russel at times. Like entire half's of the season. Anyway

wut? when did he disappoint RW for a half a season? DK is a beast mode WR that would change the way opposing defenses play against us and open up the entire offense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Completely agree.  In fact I think the Jets might be only team involved.  

When all's said and done though - is Seattle willing to pay Metcalf $30mm a year?  Because if not I just don't see him playing this year.  If they're willing to pay him and the Jets are the only game in town you may very well be right.

If they're unwilling to pay him - they'll have to take the best offer on the table - and that offer is likely to be the Jets.  If Seattle was willing to pay him, they wouldn't even be considering trades.

That's just the way I see this playing out.

Jets bidding against them themselves you say? “ The more things change, the more they stay the same!” 

• Sad 1

I like those here that think if DK becomes available in a trade that the Jets "would be the only team involved."

Too funny. One reason I like this place is for the laughs.

Some of you are great! A small minority of you are the most delusional and clueless NFL fans I have ever encountered.

• Thumb Down 5

5 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I like those here that think if DK becomes available in a trade that the Jets "would be the only team involved."

"those". Dude.. that's plural.  It was one.  And, he's special. Why don't you get to know a little here before exaggerating. #packerdramaqueen

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Some of you are great! A small minority of you are the most delusional and clueless NFL fans I have ever encountered.

How many were involved with Hill?

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"those". Dude.. that's plural.  It was one.  And, he's special. Why don't you get to know a little here before exaggerating. #packerdramaqueen

lol

Wait, we have DetroitRed and that Fidelio guy. We are officially "plural."

1 minute ago, PackerNation said:

lol

Wait, we have DetroitRed and that Fidelio guy. We are officially "plural."

I've been on various message boards since way back on usenet and Ive never seen a packer fan troll before. Quite a novelty, I'd say. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Oh goody, a pompous ass from Packer land!

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I've been on various message boards since way back on usenet and Ive never seen a packer fan troll before. Quite a novelty, I'd say. 

Now I'm a "troll." Come on guy, you are better than that. 

I've been here off and on since last summer during the Jets and Packers joint practices in Green Bay. Don't act like the guy that private messages me that he has known the mods for 20 years and will get me banned. Yes, creepy stuff like that goes on behind the scenes.

You should feel somewhat privileged to get a perspective from Titletown. Always good to get perspective from another franchise.

Believe it or not I know for a fact that some here enjoy my comments. And If you don't, I honestly don't give a damn.

aaron-rodgers-bitcoin.gif.5de27731d41dfeea3e466b8276dbc6bd.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I've been here off and on since last summer during the Jets and Packers joint practices in Green Bay. Don't act like the guy that private messages me that he has known the mods for 20 years and will get me banned. Yes, creepy stuff like that goes on behind the scenes.

You should feel somewhat privileged to get a perspective from Titletown. Always good to get perspective from another franchise.

Believe it or not I know for a fact that some here enjoy my comments. And If you don't, I honestly don't give a damn.

based on the above you are 100% troll.  Also drama  queen.  Just like your QB. 

Have fun.  

• Upvote 2

Love the Grady idea, swapping 4 for 9 for DK. Same could be said for a 10 and 26 swap with Tenn for AJ Brown. Everyone wins and maybe it takes an extra late pick to get either done. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This goes back to a point I’ve been making for a little while. We keep hearing about these amazing WR drafts, year after year. 8, 12, 15 new rookies coming into the NFL almost every year. Well, three or four years later those guys start to hit free agency or become available via trade. My personal feeling is that while wide receivers are very important there is also a pretty good supply of them.

Look at how many big-name WRs are on the move this year. Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Robert woods, Amari Cooper, and others rumored to be available at this moment via trade.

The Jets can’t make a panic move. JD has shown he will be aggressive as evidenced by his pursuit of Tyreek Hill, but he shouldn’t overpay and he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who will.

Who are we expecting to be free agents next year at wide receiver?

We have been so starved for offensive playmakers for so long,  many of the trade proposals,  FA signings,  high draft selections suggested by fans are not really in the best long term interests of the team.  JMO.... 

• Post of the Week 1

I’d be open to some combo of our seconds and potentially other lower round future picks but I wouldn’t give up our first rounder. At most I would be okay with including a swap of the 4-9 pick but I definitely wouldn’t give up a whole 1st. 

26 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

LMFAO

If this is true, why am I not surprised? 

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The right price is likely too high. Probably even higher for the Jets. 

I have to wonder if this is the type of player Saleh and LaFleur wants for the Jets. I know guys fast and can fight for the ball. But they seem to really like the tight route runner types. DK is not the best route runner from what I hear. Now he is the monster Jump Ball guy Zach would likely thrive with. So? Seems neither Zach nor DK fit their offense? It’s all really confusing, 

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I’ll see you Braxton’s abs and raise you DK’s @JiFapono

Unknown.jpeg.da1a6e877b893124b16d70aa74b61684.jpegUnknown-1.jpeg.dc61e99592ee2faa54212029d29d49bd.jpeg-methode-sundaytimes-prod-web-bin-b27df32e-afe8-11eb-b6c0-5386bb38660a.jpg.5993dfdcc1e2328bb758948593b829df.jpg4C7392BA-7E15-4FCA-B737-F224F0A67BB2.jpeg.0b20e66e08fb93bbd9f8d2c71e486afb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I can't even imagine being interested in trolling a fanbase from a different conference that has been a bottom feeder for 10 years, like damn. That must be a boring life if you have time to go to those extremes to get some schadenfreude kicks

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

So you are saying you are not a troll? Cool, glad that’s cleared up. 

• Haha 2