Fowler: League executives believe DK is available

11 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Agreed. I'm not sure how you compare careers given the gap in experience. Also Hill may very well be at the end of his best years. Metcalf is at the beginning. With Metcalf, you're paying for what he will become. For Hill you paying for what he was.

Exactly. Hill has reached his ceiling. At 24, Metcalf probably hasn't. Still had 75 receptions and 12 tds playing all year on a bad foot, and a Seattle offensive line that struggled throughout the year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Jets bidding against them themselves you say? “ The more things change, the more they stay the same!” 

I'm not really sure that's the case.

I think they're probably the only serious player because they've offered a fair value - enough to keep the other guys away.  

They don't want a Miami situation where someone comes in late and matches the offer.  If DK has choices we're not winning.  

Put a fair offer on the table, let them pretend like they're negotiating with Metcalf and just stay patient until Seattle eventually comes back and accepts it.

Joe is playing this right, DK will be a Jet.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Twitter folks not helping,  it’s pretty desperate over there. Jets twitter bombarding AJ Brown and DK constantly, I’m sure that will get old fast. Especially Saying how  JD will fleece both teams,  doesn’t sound like a sound strategy to me. 

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Heard Chris Nimbley say something similar on a recent podcast.  We're so hungry for a true WR1 that fans are talking themselves into taking one at #10 (and some even at #4) almost regardless of who is on the Board.  It's crazy.

The way we talk around here it's as if we still have the 2019 or 2020 wide receiver roster for the Jets.  Now THOSE were bad depth charts at WR!  How soon we forget when Robby Anderson was WR1 here.  How we signed Chris Hogan one July and he ended up in the WR1 spot for a few weeks due to injuries.  How we pinned our hopes on Breshad Perriman, etc.

This group of Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Braxton Berrios, etc. does need an upgrade.  A true WR1 that commands some double teams or consistently gets Safey coverage rolled his way would be fantastic, especially for a guy like Moore who could then absolutely flourish in the Slot.  But this group isn't trash.  It's just missing a difference maker.

A lot of Jets fans are already starting to mentally overpay for a WR in their minds.  They're ready to leave better players on the Board simply to force a WR at #10.

With the WR market reset teams are going to be hungry for rookie WRs. If you wait until the 2nd round to go WR it might be too late.

I'm of the opinion that you want to over stack that position in todays game. If you can't win on the outside and put up points you're not going to win a lot of games.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

With the WR market reset teams are going to be hungry for rookie WRs. If you wait until the 2nd round to go WR it might be too late.

I'm of the opinion that you want to over stack that position in todays game. If you can't win on the outside and put up points you're not going to win a lot of games.

This is a fair point.  But you could also make the same case for overstacking edge for the same reason - they are cheap on rookie deals vs. second contracts.  Guys like Watt, Bosa and Garrett are making similar money to a guys like Adams, Cooper and Hill...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wut? when did he disappoint RW for a half a season? DK is a beast mode WR that would change the way opposing defenses play against us and open up the entire offense.

Have you seen any games hes played in there are huge gaps where lockett, the 1 , had to step in for his lack of play

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

Would like to have him. A bit wary of DK- guy absolutely disappears some times. Goes a half without catching a ball. A bit of a head case at times. 

I was kind of thinking this too. Watched a few hawks games last year and DK wasn’t getting the ball then starting getting upset. Then Russ started force feeding him the ball, which didn’t work at all. Only a few catches and a bunch of incompletions. Russ didn’t look good that game, but dk wasn’t getting that open when he was being thrown to. 

Maybe he’s better than what I’ve seen since I don’t watch them very often, but he just seems good, but not top 10 wr good which is how he’ll be paid 

25 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I was kind of thinking this too. Watched a few hawks games last year and DK wasn’t getting the ball then starting getting upset. Then Russ started force feeding him the ball, which didn’t work at all. Only a few catches and a bunch of incompletions. Russ didn’t look good that game, but dk wasn’t getting that open when he was being thrown to. 

Maybe he’s better than what I’ve seen since I don’t watch them very often, but he just seems good, but not top 10 wr good which is how he’ll be paid 

You have got to be kidding me!  You're right, you haven't watched much of DK...tell you what, if he becomes available with your thinking, let's offer the hawks our two #4's and call it a day (laughter)...listen, DK would be our #1 hands down.  He's 24 years old and yes, a bit of a head case.  I'll will take that head case over any of the WR's in the draft right now...all draft picks are suspect.  Like I said in a previous post, Johnny Lam Jones and Stephen Hill say hello.  How did those draft pics turn out for us?!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

You have got to be kidding me!  You're right, you haven't watched much of DK...tell you what, if he becomes available with your thinking, let's offer the hawks our two #4's and call it a day (laughter)...listen, DK would be our #1 hands down.  He's 24 years old and yes, a bit of a head case.  I'll will take that head case over any of the WR's in the draft right now...all draft picks are suspect.  Like I said in a previous post, Johnny Lam Jones and Stephen Hill say hello.  How did those draft pics turn out for us?!

Ok? I said I haven’t watched much of him and what I’ve seen hasn’t been super impressive. He wasn’t even the #1 on the hawks. He was a total crybaby throwing a temper tantrum when Russ wasn’t throwing him the ball. 

I definitely think he’s good, and would like to have him. He just seems overhyped a bit 

What do previous draft picks have anything to do with now? They don’t. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Depends on what a DK would cost us.  Could leave us without the ammo to draft KT and Sauce

I don’t think we can get both. In fact KT might be gone before we ever get a chance at #4, and if he is there, I doubt Sauce will be at #10.

This deal comes down to whether DK wants to be here, and JD is willing to not only give up the picks Seattle wants, but also willing to pay Metcalf the big contract he wants. 

Somehow, somewhere, the NFL got turned upside down as far as these deals go. If a trade to the Jets and an extension isn’t agreed to by DK, it isn’t happening anyway.

7 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Twitter folks not helping,  it’s pretty desperate over there. Jets twitter bombarding AJ Brown and DK constantly, I’m sure that will get old fast. Especially Saying how  JD will fleece both teams,  doesn’t sound like a sound strategy to me. 

Whats strategic about fans tweeting a player that they want them. on their team?  

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t think we can get both. In fact KT might be gone before we ever get a chance at #4, and if he is there, I doubt Sauce will be at #10.

This deal comes down to whether DK wants to be here, and JD is willing to not only give up the picks Seattle wants, but also willing to pay Metcalf the big contract he wants. 

Somehow, somewhere, the NFL got turned upside down as far as these deals go. If a trade to the Jets and an extension isn’t agreed to by DK, it isn’t happening anyway.

Which has what to do with us losing picks in a trade for DK

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m going to imagine that DK Metcalf being personal friends with Geno Smith and Jamal Adams is going to result in DK Metcalf being dissuaded from accepting a trade to the Jets.

Or 

1. He's friends with Elijah Moore

2. Why would he take Jamal Adams's advice when their team has sucked since he showed up

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the Jets and Seattle are in a stalemate.  Seattle doesn't seem to have any interest in paying him $30mm a year and the Jets do...but the Jets probably have an offer on the table that isn't what Seattle wants.  

Total guess, but Jets probably have the Hill offer on the table and Seattle probably wants their 1st rounder back.  

Question is, is there someone else willing to give up more than what the Jets are offering?  If not, JD just sits tight and eventually Seattle will take what's on the table.

Seattle doesn't want to be embarrassed again like they were with Jamal so they are being extra careful to wait for a strong offer.  But am I crazy in thinking that Metcalf is not the same player as Tyreek Hill.  Do we really want to trade as much for him and make him our 30 million dollar a year WR?  I think I'd rather keep the picks and roll the dice on an WR in the first round.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

No one we can get at #10 can being what Metcalf can. He’ll instantly provide and elite option and his ceiling is as a talent ridiculous. 

We should be doing whatever to make this happen and it would be especially hilarious if we trade their first round back to them so they essentially gave up Metcalf and a 1st for Jamal lol. 

Metcalf makes this group of WR’s elite.

• Upvote 1