Fowler: League executives believe DK is available

29 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

This is why positional value is so important, especially early. If you can land a stud WR or Edge on a rookie deal, you’re in fantastic shape. A stud QB? You’re golden. 

Meanwhile, replacement level OL and Safeties are still readily available in free agency. The only WRs left either have major red flags, question marks, or both. Same with the Edges, either old or never lived up to their hype. We really can’t be talking about ****ing guards and safeties in the first round. Especially where the Jets are picking. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Thought I read somewhere that the worst case scenario for Williams to be fully fit and available is week 4.

If he's out number 1 receiver, I'm writing off those three missed games and drafting him. 

I can really live w/Corey Davis serving as out #1 for 2022 as long as Williams gets some action in December/January and is our #1 in 2023.  

I wonder if DAL had waited before pulling the trigger on Cooper early in the market, would we have been players now.  I think a 4th for Cooper at this point would look pretty good.  He's not quite the same level as these other guys we're discussing, but it would certainly help the overall talent level.  Not sure why their hair was so on fire to move him so quickly.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I wonder if DAL had waited before pulling the trigger on Cooper early in the market, would we have been players now.  I think a 4th for Cooper at this point would look pretty good.  He's not quite the same level as these other guys we're discussing, but it would certainly help the overall talent level.  Not sure why their hair was so on fire to move him so quickly.

Well I was on here crying about Cooper because I felt things would play out just the way they are: us being the kid without a date at the prom and the person without a chair in the WR musical chairs 

still time for JD to make a move but damn Cooper is looking like a epic miss

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, fair enough.  

Because a rookie is an unknown - and a Jag, is well, a Jag...

This is an offensive league - and having Davis that missed almost half the season with injuries, Moore that 3 had three separate injuries and missed multiple games and 5'8" Berrios as your top three WR would be bad.

My opinion is not going into this season with a legitimate #1 WR would be a huge miss by our General Manager.

Sounds like you think that WR room would be okay - ultimately it's just a matter of opinion.

Except that just because you or JD snaps their fingers and says, “I want a top, dominate #1 WR doesn’t mean one will be available.  And if he gets one we’re not sure of it doesn’t make him a jag.  Anymore than a WR drafted early can’t contribute big time.  
You’re just guessing and guessing the worst case scenario.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I am honestly not sure the controversy here....

If they don't trade for a WR (as what my post noted) They have to pick one up in FA  

It's not like they're going to play with 4.  If they don't trade for one they will pick one up in FA.  There are still plenty available.  No crystal ball just basic logic.

So, I'll repeat my concern - If the Jets go into the season with Moore, Davis, BB, Rookie and some JAG FA - it would be irresponsible of Douglas.  Which is why I see him doing everything he can to make one of these bigger trades.

Its not basic logic, they can draft 2 WRs if there are no deals to be had or no FAs worth signing.  It’s not that complicated.  

Don’t know why you’re complicating this by saying he has to draft ONLY one WR and has to sign a JAG WR.  There’s no logic to this.  Just SOJF logic

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except that just because you or JD snaps their fingers and says, “I want a top, dominate #1 WR doesn’t mean one will be available.  And if he gets one we’re not sure of it doesn’t make him a jag.  Anymore than a WR drafted early can’t contribute big time.  
You’re just guessing and guessing the worst case scenario.

My job is hard- is not an excuse for failing at your job.

Not guessing, it's risk management - A rookie carries far more risk than someone established.  Sure, it can work out and all would be good - but it's poor management of the roster taking on that risk.

You can disagree, that's fine.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

My job is hard- is not an excuse for failing at your job.

Not guessing, it's risk management - A rookie carries far more risk than someone established.  Sure, it can work out and all would be good - but it's poor management of the roster taking on that risk.

You can disagree, that's fine.  

So what part of you have to have someone who wants to trade with you, has a need that can only come from the 4th or the 10th pick or 2 2nds?  

Its not a matter of saying, hey, I'm Joe Douglas and I want DK Metcalf, trade with me

And given we have mot a clue what any of the young picks will turn into you arent 100% sure that holding onto the picks and drafting a WR isnt a better management decision than just trading the picks away for a WR who's rookie deal will end soon because fans on a Jet board are sure thats the best way to improve. 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what part of you have to have someone who wants to trade with you, has a need that can only come from the 4th or the 10th pick or 2 2nds?  

Its not a matter of saying, hey, I'm Joe Douglas and I want DK Metcalf, trade with me

And given we have mot a clue what any of the young picks will turn into you arent 100% sure that holding onto the picks and drafting a WR isnt a better management decision than just trading the picks away for a WR who's rookie deal will end soon because fans on a Jet board are sure thats the best way to improve. 

I think what he's saying is, he needs to physically go to Seattle and kidnap Metcalf until they agree to a trade. Otherwise....is he even really trying?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I really don't want to go back and forth on this...but it's obviously not just about DK.

He missed on Hill, passed on Cooper, AJ Brown wants to come here and he hasn't made that work, Adams moved teams.  And there are others that have been mentioned.

Look I like Joe, but he should upgrade the WR roster before the draft.  As of now he hasn't - I hope he does.   At some point the GM has to take responsibility for the roster

Again, if you believe we don't need to upgrade the WR room pre-draft -- that's fine, it's just a difference of opinion - I can respect that opinion - I can see your position....But I won't accept the Woes Me excuse anymore.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, slats said:

I’d like to learn more about this. 

There are literally multiple threads on this topic on this forum alone.  

If you prefer go to Twitter and read all about it

If you don't like Twitter go to Facebook groups

If you don't like Facebook groups go to Reddit

You can find all you need to know the subject.  

If you don't like JetNation, Twitter, Facebook or Reddit then I don't know what to tell you....

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you don't like JetNation, Twitter, Facebook or Reddit then I don't know what to tell you....

Lol AJ Brown has never said he wants to come here. Don’t you think that would be kind of a headline?

Are you referencing his weird tweets? Is that what you're translating into “I wanna be a jet”?

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol AJ Brown has never said he wants to come here. Don’t you think that would be kind of a headline?

Are you referencing his weird tweets? Is that what you're translating into “I wanna be a jet”?

Look, 

Tyreek Hill never said he wanted to go to Miami, Devante Adams never said he wanted to go to Vegas - but it was reported that's where they wanted to end up. and they did.  

It's also been widely reported that Brown would like to play with Moore.  

Of course he didn't say he wanted to play for the Jets - he's not allowed.  Moreover, he is trying to stay in TN - and get an extension - if they'll pay up the $28mm or so a year for him he's going to stay - if not I believe the Jets will be his first choice. 

With that said - the "LOL" this is a Jet chat board for speculating about Jet talk, the nastiness has gotten out of control around here. 

It's like people just sit around and wait to pounce on an error in definitive language.  You knew what I was talking about - you want to disagree that none of the reporting means anything fine....just no need for the snakiness.  

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, so speculation? That’s fine. I hadn’t heard it. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Okay, so speculation? That’s fine. I hadn’t heard it. 

You are correct.  I should have stated from things I've heard, as opposed to stating it as fact....

My deal with him is I really think TN. will pay him and he stays.  They are in win now mode...

But if they don't my guess is the Jets will be his top choice (of the teams willing to fork over the draft capital and monster contract)

Anyone that thinks picking a WR or two in the draft...whether it's in the first round or rounds thereafter is the same as signing an established WR that could be a play maker on the Jets is a fool.  Again, as I've posted in other threads, how did these guys do, Johnny Lam Jones, Stephen Hill, ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Devin Smith and on and on...I can list a ton more of WR's taken by the Jets that flamed out...Mims could be working his way on that list if he doesn't wake up.  If the Jets can get a WR through a trade....DO IT!

• Upvote 1

Why do so many people on here prefer Terry over DK?  Their productions been very similar, other than TDs (29 vs 16) in DKs favor. DK is 2 years younger and 4 inches taller, both are freak athletes. Wouldn’t it make more sense to trade for the younger/bigger of the two if the prices are similar? 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, 

Tyreek Hill never said he wanted to go to Miami, Devante Adams never said he wanted to go to Vegas - but it was reported that's where they wanted to end up. and they did.  

It's also been widely reported that Brown would like to play with Moore.  

Of course he didn't say he wanted to play for the Jets - he's not allowed.  Moreover, he is trying to stay in TN - and get an extension - if they'll pay up the $28mm or so a year for him he's going to stay - if not I believe the Jets will be his first choice. 

With that said - the "LOL" this is a Jet chat board for speculating about Jet talk, the nastiness has gotten out of control around here. 

It's like people just sit around and wait to pounce on an error in definitive language.  You knew what I was talking about - you want to disagree that none of the reporting means anything fine....just no need for the snakiness.  

There’s no snakiness my friend. You said it as if it was a fact. And that “JD hasn’t gotten it done”. So kinda makes that whole debate pointless when it’s just speculation.  

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

That was slats way of saying there's an ejaculation joke in here somewhere 

It went over your head, so to speak

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I really don't want to go back and forth on this...but it's obviously not just about DK.

He missed on Hill, passed on Cooper, AJ Brown wants to come here and he hasn't made that work, Adams moved teams.  And there are others that have been mentioned.

Look I like Joe, but he should upgrade the WR roster before the draft.  As of now he hasn't - I hope he does.   At some point the GM has to take responsibility for the roster

Again, if you believe we don't need to upgrade the WR room pre-draft -- that's fine, it's just a difference of opinion - I can respect that opinion - I can see your position....But I won't accept the Woes Me excuse anymore.

You sure seem to want to go back and forth.  

Adams went to the Raiders to play with his college bud.

Hill sure as can be said he wanted to play in Miami.  Said he wanted to move to Miami.  JD missed out on nothing.

‘He didn’t want Cooper, not many did at the price.  I’m not ragging him for passing on him.

Asfor AJ Brown, one more time, you can’t trade for a player who’s on a team that doesn’t want to trade him.  I’m not even close to understanding why this needs explaining.   You don’t even know that he wants to come here.  You’re interpreting tweets and back and forth with fans?  Or does he just want out of Tenn for a bag of cash?  

You want to blame JD for the roster, go ahead but stop with blaming him for not forcing Hill to take the Jets money over where he wanted to go, or for not being able to twist the Titans or Seahawks into trading players they’re not willing to move today or maybe ever.   And if they aren’t interested then move on and use the draft.  That may be the only option, crying about it won’t change a thing

2 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Anyone that thinks picking a WR or two in the draft...whether it's in the first round or rounds thereafter is the same as signing an established WR that could be a play maker on the Jets is a fool.  Again, as I've posted in other threads, how did these guys do, Johnny Lam Jones, Stephen Hill, ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Devin Smith and on and on...I can list a ton more of WR's taken by the Jets that flamed out...Mims could be working his way on that list if he doesn't wake up.  If the Jets can get a WR through a trade....DO IT!

How did all those WRs you want get into the league?  They knew somebody?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Sure did...Jets just can't draft worth a sh*t with most positions...proven history.  I just hope JD turns it around.

JD has nothing to do with the GMs before him.  I have no problem with last years draft.  If Zach works out it’s one hell of a draft

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Devante Adams never said he wanted to go to Vegas 

*Davante has said since he was a child that his dream is to play for the Raiders. In meetings with the FO and coaches after the playoff loss, Tae requested that the Packers trade him to Las Vegas.

Numerous times in pressers over the years Tae stated it has always been his dream to play for the Raiders. 

I am sorry that Davante switching teams started you down this path of thinking every quality WR in the NFL is available for the Jets to bring into the fold.