Talk about Neutering your Offense…….

Kelly Stafford wants to get Matthew Stafford ‘snipped’ as couple debates timing

Jaclyn Hendricks

Matthew Stafford’s whirlwind offseason has included Super Bowl celebrations and family time, but it seems there may be another item on the to-do list before he heads back to work.

During an appearance Tuesday on wife Kelly’s podcast, “The Morning After with Kelly Stafford,” the couple — who have four young daughters — discussed when the Rams quarterback, 34, should get a vasectomy. 

“I’m trying to get him snipped during The Masters, but a—hole won’t find a doctor,” Kelly said, referencing the golf tournament that begins Thursday.

Matthew Stafford made a recent appearance on wife Kelly's podcast, where the couple discussed when the Rams quarterback should get a vasectomy

Matthew Stafford made a recent appearance on wife Kelly’s podcast, where the couple discussed when the Rams quarterback should get a vasectomy Instagram/Kelly Stafford

Stafford, who is set to return for the Rams’ offseason workout programs on April 18, noted “conflicting information” in terms of how long the recovery may take.

“Somebody told me I can’t pick my kids up for two weeks,” Stafford said, to which Kelly replied, “I heard 24 hours.”

Stafford then added, “24 hours I’m in or 48 hours I’m in, but if somebody’s like, you can’t lift weights for two or three weeks, how am I going to walk into day one of our offseason program and be like, ‘Sorry, I can’t lift weights, guys.'”

Stafford, here with his four daughters during the offseason, is gearing up to return to work this month with the Rams

Stafford, here with his four daughters during the offseason, is gearing up to return to work this month with the Rams Instagram/Kelly Stafford

Stafford is coming off of a Super Bowl-winning season with the Rams

Stafford is coming off of a Super Bowl-winning season with the Rams Getty Images

The former first-overall pick noted that while he’s OK with having the procedure done, it’s figuring out what date works best.

“I would totally do it, just gotta figure out the right time,” Stafford said.

A vasectomy is considered a form of “male birth control that cuts the supply of sperm to one’s semen,” per the Mayo Clinic, with the procedure itself being “performed in an outpatient setting under local anesthesia.” 

Stafford and wife Kelly celebrate with their daughters after the Rams' Super Bowl win in February Stafford and wife Kelly celebrate with their daughters after the Rams’ Super Bowl win in February AFP via Getty Images

Patients are instructed to rest for 24 hours after the surgery and are also advised to press pause on sports and lifting for at least a week or so.

Stafford is entering the 2022 season as a Super Bowl champion following the Rams’ win over the Bengals in February. A month later, he agreed to a four-year contract extension with the team that’s worth up to $160 million with $135 million guaranteed.

He and Kelly have been married since 2015.

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Shut down thread

We’ll see where it goes.

She’s got a pair herself, making his potential vasectomy public so their kids and their friends can - now or later - read about how mom wants more baby-free plowing from daddy. Classy.

Also this de facto says any unplanned 5th child was decidedly unwanted. Good thing school kids are all nice & not at all ever just plain mean. Also the entire online world, for that matter.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

His nitwit wife is talking like he can just walk into the urologist's office and get snipped. It depends on where you live, but NY and California have a mandatory 30 day waiting period from consultation to procedure to give you time to decide if sterility is really what you want. A scare for a fifth kid gave me a sexless month before I got snipped. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

His nitwit wife is talking like he can just walk into the urologist's office and get snipped. It depends on where you live, but NY and California have a mandatory 30 day waiting period from consultation to procedure to give you time to decide if sterility is really what you want. A scare for a fifth kid gave me a sexless month before I got snipped. 

Thank you. And these are the intended  benefits to our Jets forum community by posting these articles. I just learned something new about vasectomy recovery time. ?

0F1B2704-63A9-47AC-9E03-0A46C8AA315B.gif.bf3b69d501cb5d70cfbfb74e4298d544.gif

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Have to admit, getting one was great. Nice to be able to let things just fly knowing there are no unintended reproductive consequences 

Interesting. So the male equivalent of going Bra-less for women! The truest form of Going Commando! ?

(or Bro-less/non-Manzier for the breasted males) lol ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets Things said:

Go to Texas, all in 1 day.

4-5 days and you are 100% fine to exercise.  

• Sympathy 1

Beyond stupid and incredibly sad, that a husband/wife discuss their sex life in the social media sphere.

There are certain things that should remain personal and private,  too bad people are too stupid to realize that

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, KRL said:

Beyond stupid and incredibly sad, that a husband/wife discuss their sex life in the social media sphere.

There are certain things that should remain personal and private,  too bad people are too stupid to realize that

But makes for a great Monday morning laugh and a way to allow the resident forum Keystone Cop comedians to get their funny wisecracks in a thread for our general amusement to pass idle time?

especially during the dead part of the off-season where there’s no Jets or NFL news worthy of discussion that hasn’t been beaten to death already in other redundant threads. 

• Upvote 1