Eagles trade their two first rd picks to New Orleans

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

Getting that ammo to trade up to #4

rubbing hands GIF

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I don’t understand this trade at all for the Saints. 

Has to be for a move up, right? Jeremiah mentioned the Giants at 5 but 16+19 is enough to get to 4 too. Either way should be another shake up and bet they make a move soon.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I don’t understand this trade at all for the Saints. 

They want a QB.  I would have said, sure 16 and 19 for # 4 if you throw in next years first.

But they don't have one. So now I would say 16 and 19 for # 10 and a 2nd rounder next year.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Guess so. If they don’t move then I’m clueless. 

But guess it does if Jets or Giants said, get us 16 and 19, then we’ll talk. 

If makes more sense if it’s the Jets wanting to have draft capital to send off this year for a WR. I’d assume the Giants would want 2023 picks.

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

NFL is drunk af this off season

Within about the last two years the whole long term paradigm of the nfl is shifted dramatically.  The only way you could ever get a really good qb in the past was to draft and hope.  Teams with franchise guys never traded them.  Same thing with a guy like davante adams you never trade your best guys, but now that players all want to go all NBA and dictate where they go so much more movement of super high end resources.

Bizarre and yet interesting

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Has to be ammo to move up further on draft day, right? If you just wanted 16 & 19 you'd wait until you were on the clock at 16 to be sure your guys were there. But if you needed ammo to move up, you don't want to have to deal with a third team when you're on the clock - too complex.

I feel like we see something else soon kind of like the Philly-Miami-SF trade last year. The Giants are rumored to want 2023 ammo, I’m sure some teams would’ve preferred it to picks this year. Feels like a specific trade to acquire more picks this year that will have something else following.

• Upvote 4

If JD does get the opportunity to move back, I'd hope he picks up a #1 next year or a couple of future #2's. Seems having that second one in the first round - or multiple 2's - opens new doors year after year, if you can pull it off. It would be especially nice in this draft, which seems to be deep, but not that special through the top 5-10 picks.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, derp said:

I feel like we see something else soon kind of like the Philly-Miami-SF trade last year. The Giants are rumored to want 2023 ammo, I’m sure some teams would’ve preferred it to picks this year. Feels like a specific trade to acquire more picks this year that will have something else following.

If they have a specific player in mind, only going up to 5 is kinda dicey, though

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they have a specific player in mind, only going up to 5 is kinda dicey, though

I doubt it's to 5 because of the 2023 capital thing. Depends who they think they're up against for the player, too. If they want Pickett for example they really just need to get ahead of Carolina who has like no ammo to move up, but if it's for Willis they'd need to be pretty comfortable that the Falcons couldn't (or wouldn't want to) get ahead of them. It would be odd to make the move now, but this was also an odd move to make now and clearly signals something's up.

• Upvote 1