Brandon Cook on the Block

There's very little difference between Cooks and Cooper. Both are 70-75 catches for 1000 yards and 6-7 TDs.  He'd be a 2 year stop gap while a drafted rookie develops into a 1-2 punch with Moore. The difference is the Cooks is an UFA after 2022, so he would have to be extended or he is a one year rental. I would think a deal comparable to Cooper's should be enough - a 5th round pick.  By the way, Houston says he's not on the block.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Why not just stick needles in your eyes?  What is the point of this?  I'd rather look forward to this draft.  We all know Idzik had a bad draft .  

so is this the worst of the Jets past drafts?

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think I'd still want a WR at pick #10 (Garrett Wilson).  Or maybe trade back and try to snag Jameson Williams.

I think if we traded for Cooks and drafted Williams we would be on to something. Cooks could be a big help right away and the Williams would join in when ready.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

Remember when we took Calvin Pryor over him and then a couple months later traded for a broken Percy Harvin....fun times with this franchise man

Louisville slugger. That was a Rex pick and what was most interesting is they brought up what a hard hitter he was.

problem was the rules were changing and the you got jacked up generation was being eliminated. 

so you have a guy who is a big hitter and can’t tackle worth a lick.

you said it - this franchise

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Three teams have traded Brandin Cooks, who has never stayed with one team more than three seasons. Could a fourth trade send him elsewhere?

The Browns are among the teams that have inquired about a trade for Cooks, Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com reports. Cabot adds that “the possibility (of a deal) is currently low.”

That’s because the Texans want a second-round choice for Cooks, per Cabot.

The Browns already traded their first-rounder and fourth-rounder in 2022 to the Texans for quarterback Deshaun Watson, as well as a third-rounder in 2023, and a fourth-rounder in 2024.

The compensation for Cooks has fallen every time a team has dealt him. The Saints traded Cooks and a 2017 fourth-round choice (subsequently traded) to the Patriots for a 2017 first-round choice (Ryan Ramczyk) and a 2017 third-round choice (Trey Hendrickson). A year later, the Patriots traded Cooks and a 2018 fourth-round choice to the Rams for a 2018 first-round choice (Isaiah Wynn) and a 2018 sixth-round choice (subsequently traded). In 2020, the Rams traded Cooks and a 2022 fourth-round selection to the Texans for a 2020 second-round choice (Van Jefferson).

A Texans’ trade of Cooks could prove difficult.

Cooks, 28, is heading into the final year of his contract with a base salary of $12.5 million, which means he will want an extension from his new team.

The Browns already traded with the Cowboys for four-time Pro Bowler Amari Cooper. But Cooks, who has six 1,000-yard seasons, teamed up with Watson in 2020 to catch 81 passes for 1,150 yards and six touchdowns.

This guys woudl be great for us, if the moeny was right..he is legit 1..

40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A guy looking for like his 5th team in 6 years.  Joe D will not even waste one second thinking about this guy,

We will be addressing wr early in the draft.  Lets accept it and move on.

Dont be so quick, JD never looks a good deal in the mouth...umm..something like that...well I just mean if the price is right he would def take cooks...we need the depth and adding a cheaper number 1 guy would be good. Guy is a baller and always good player. Has a season or 2 left. 

I could see an offer, 3 year deal, with an escape in year 2...maybe some guaranteed money but n

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A guy looking for like his 5th team in 6 years.  Joe D will not even waste one second thinking about this guy,

We will be addressing wr early in the draft.  Lets accept it and move on.

We tried to trade for Hill. We also inquired about Cooper but nothing came of it since we wanted Cooper to restructure his deal and that was a show stopper for Dallas. And we were rumored to have interest in Ridley.

Accepting reality is accepting the fact the Jets really want to trade for a number 1 WR. Whether it happens…who knows. But JD clearly wants a veteran number 1.

5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders have serious interest in B cooks .     Let’s see d Adams and B Cooks outside Hunter Renfrow in the slot .  D Waller at Te.   What does a defense do to stop that offense .  You can’t.

That would be a lethal set of weapons.

I don't really understand what JD was trying to do with Hill, other than perhaps driving up the price for Miami knowing that he would not come to NJ and that he would blow up the Dolphins on and off the field.  

I don't really understand why JD did not give up a 5th for Amari Cooper as is, just to have someone for ZW to throw the ball to.  In retrospect, his pricing was not that bad, and he could have been franchised.  Maybe Amari refused to go to NJ and would have caused problems.  

But I don't think that price that JD pays for an interim WR to "hold the fort" and help develop ZW and the offense is that high.  Maybe a 4th.  But, given what we have seen, maybe its better just to draft WRs at 4 AND 10 rather than take a chance on Thib (too small, no moves, risk) or Walker (no college production) and an OL that is going to make a difference in the W column in 2022.  

There will be an underrated EDGE at 35 too.  That pool is too deep.  

2 hours ago, varjet said:

I don't really understand what JD was trying to do with Hill, other than perhaps driving up the price for Miami knowing that he would not come to NJ and that he would blow up the Dolphins on and off the field.  

I don't really understand why JD did not give up a 5th for Amari Cooper as is, just to have someone for ZW to throw the ball to.  In retrospect, his pricing was not that bad, and he could have been franchised.  Maybe Amari refused to go to NJ and would have caused problems.  

But I don't think that price that JD pays for an interim WR to "hold the fort" and help develop ZW and the offense is that high.  Maybe a 4th.  But, given what we have seen, maybe its better just to draft WRs at 4 AND 10 rather than take a chance on Thib (too small, no moves, risk) or Walker (no college production) and an OL that is going to make a difference in the W column in 2022.  

There will be an underrated EDGE at 35 too.  That pool is too deep.  

JD knows next year is make or break.  The 6-27 record last 2 years is a pretty bad stain on him and Woody may have given him a long term deal it means nothing

If the jets have another stinker of a season AND Wilson continues to look bad JD is gone on Black Monday along with that empty suit Saleh