Defensive Line / Edge Prospects 2022

THE BARON

39 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I honestly think Gardner and Hutchinson are the only true Top 5 maybe even Top 10 picks in this entire draft. Some players like Travon Walker are getting pushed up beyond all reason.

I might stick Econwu or maybe Neal in there as well.  But I agree for the most part.

On 4/5/2022 at 9:03 AM, PepPep said:

I agree that Ekwonu and Gardner are particularly unique top end talents who could very well end up being the best players in this draft. I'm actually going to throw Devin Lloyd in there, who doesn't seem to get enough love because he's 'stiff' lol, but will probably end up being one of the best LBs in the NFL within 2-3 years. 

However, I also know that Thibs, Walker, JJ and even Karl. are guys who (warts and all) can develop into high impact 10+ sack a season NFL edge rushers (if not Myles Garrett, Von Miller, HOF types) and that is worth a top 10 pick, even if its the #4 overall. 

Again, it will depend on who the Jets love. do they love Ekwonu and Gardner over one of those other pass rushers? Do they think Walker is too perfect of a fit to pass up? 

*Side note: I completely disagree about London. Don't know why he gets so much love. I would not touch him with a top 10 pick. That's JMHO. 

Hearing lots of stuff on Lloyd right now as one of the true studs in the draft.  Consensus among college coaches.  

On 4/5/2022 at 9:28 PM, Beerfish said:

I might stick Econwu or maybe Neal in there as well.  But I agree for the most part.

I liked how Neal handled Travon and how Ek handled JJ - sure they both got beat but they both won those wars.

to me Neal is most valuable in draft - pure LT and top dog

Ek to me seems more RG, RT mauling OL for run game but can handle LT top 2

Hutchinson not slam dunk, played on a stacked defense, has no stats before 2021 to speak of, and played opp to OB but he did look relentless in pursuit in 2021 in games i watched and had that good game at end - so relentlessly i say top  3

after that to me is crap shoot

I also think the appearance of a bad class maybe because of left over covid....this whole class of kids got ****ed by covid where they probably could not practice enough in those years, play enough, be around other players, in gym, get more plays on tape, etc.. who knows 2-3 years this could be a draft full of steals.