The first “practice report” of the year…

Also this is from the morning and probably posted somewhere , but I’m stoked to see Lawson moving so well! 

Also: I’m glad Moore is there while Beck is working with them.  Zach and Moore were all over last years camp reports but did not get on the same page.  I hope Beck is helping Zach see Moore’s breaks better.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Stephen Hill ran like a just born dear on a frozen pond. I remember one play he caught a pass on the sidelines like two yards from a first down and was given a cushion and couldn't make the first.

Wasn't that 98% of his career after that cocktease game 1? 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Also this is from the morning and probably posted somewhere , but I’m stoked to see Lawson moving so well! 

Also: I’m glad Moore is there while Beck is working with them.  Zach and Moore were all over last years camp reports but did not get on the same page.  I hope Beck is helping Zach see Moore’s breaks better.  

Excellent point! 

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I truly believe I would kick Carl Lawson's behind in a fair fight........

I think you could too.  

If he’s in line in a gas station without one of those mirrors… Then you could kick him in the booty and run away if he didn't feel like chasing you.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Per his twitter:  David Robinson The Official WR Coach For The Pros! Dez Bryant| Antonio Brown |Emmanuel Sanders Bills| Chris Godwin Buccaneers| Van Jefferson Rams| Jakeem Grant Browns

2020 interview w/Mims WR coach David Robinson

Robinson is involved with the NFL Scouting Combine, Reese’s Senior Bowl, East v West Shrine Game, and pro day’s for his athletes. His program focuses on:

POWER TRAINING

INTERVIEW TRAINING

SPEED TRAINING

NUTRITION PREP

PERFORMANCE PREP

WONDERLIC PREP

Each wide receiver is trained to learn the fundamentals and emphasize:

FOOTWORK

CHANGE OF DIRECTION

BALL SKILLS

HAND-ROUTE MECHANICS

BREAKING DOWN COVERAGES

FILM STUDY

PRESS COVERAGE

MENTAL GAME

1-ON-1 EVALUATIONS.

I was lucky enough to befriend Robinson after several interactions online and he was more than happy to answer a few questions that are listed below.

Chris: How long have you been training athletes and where does that passion come from?

David:  I have been training WRs since 2005 my passion comes from my mother and providing WRs what we didn’t have when I was coming up.

Chris: You’ve trained some of the best WRs in the league, now you train the stars of tomorrow. What do you like about guys like Mims, Reagor, and Proche?

David:  *Mims- I love Mims size and his athleticism he can run and has great ball skills. He has a relentless work ethic and that is what I love most about Mims.

* Reagor- I love the speed of Reagor and how tough he is to bring down after the catch… very polished route runner and has the speed to take the top off of a defense.

*Proche- I love how Proche is always under his frame with his footwork at the top of his routes. Has the best ball skills in the draft in my opinion and great route runner reminds me of Jarvis Landry.

Chris: How much do you think coaching and team fit influence the success and/or failure of a prospect?

David: I think coaching and team fit are both essential for prospects especially WRs they must utilize their skill set to their advantage if not the prospect could be labeled as a bust if there in no plan to fit players skill set into the system.

Chris: Who are 2 of your favorite current NFL receivers and 2 of your favorite rookie prospects?

David: Lol well I train over 75 NFL WRs so it’s tough I’m a fan of all of my guys lol. If I had to choose I would say Emmanuel Sanders Saints WR and Julio Jones.  Two rookie prospects: Jalen Reagor and Jerry Jeudy.

Chris: There’s a huge difference between guys who get open due to natural speed/quickness and guys who get open as a result from technique. How do you personally train these guys to find the happy medium?

David:  I teach these guys (WRs) the importance of route running and keeping their arms and feet coming together at the top of their routes to keep them in sync and under control out of their breaks. So I like to teach them to use the speed they have but teaching them to be under control and efficient with it and sudden. Hard for most guys that are super fast so very much needed.

http://4thandjawn.com/2020/04/09/chris-mallee-interviews-with-wr-guru-david-robinson/

8 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I must be getting old because I only recognize Zach lol.

Is that Mims on the far left? Looks like he wants to murder someone.

Who is the dude with the Metallica shirt?

Who is the dude kneeling in front?

Who is the skinny dude to the right of Zach?

11 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I must be getting old because I only recognize Zach lol.

Is that Mims on the far left? Looks like he wants to murder someone.

Who is the dude with the Metallica shirt?

Who is the dude kneeling in front?

Who is the skinny dude to the right of Zach?

Mims 

?

Zach

Smith ?

Moore out front 

• Upvote 1

Good group and glad Zach is together with a lot of the guys.  He's really been making the rounds which will pay off. 

We all write off Mims and maybe rightfully so, but he's going to get the chance to compete this year and make a push for time.  This is probably the first offseason he's been able to train and not rehab.  Last offseason he spent here in jersey just working on hamstring health and speed/power development.  This is the first ive heard abut him working with any WR trainer (although completely possible he's been for a while) so its good ot see him putting in the time and effort. 

Conklin has been working with Delfonte all offseason and has been looking great, He's going to surprise a lot of people with his production this year.  Way better of a route runner than he's given credit for. I'll also say this, im a big fan of Delfontes work as a trainer, he has a really good way of breaking down movement patterns and teaching technique.  Robinson gets love in these posts, and everyone knows how popular Raschad Whitfield is in the pros, but guys like Delfonte (who worked with Whitfield) and Brandon White dont get enough pub. Great Great trainers.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mims route running still looks ass. Won't be on the team W1.

how dare you... lol

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You know how many times I referred to him as “the dude who was a receiver our last game that I can’t remember his name guy?”

true...

also

#freeMims

DentalPessimisticFireant-max-1mb.gif.e6dc79ff507a27823c2270cc4b1d4982.gif

• Haha 1