Derek Stinkley short arms, so, so speed

hmhertz

Stingley hasn't been considered a top-10 pick for months.  Let's stop worrying about 'what if the Jets draft him' so we can pre-bash JD some more for something he isn't going to do in this timeline or any other.  Focus on the dozen or so guys who actually have a chance to be drafted top-10.

Sauce, maybe Hamilton (but I'm starting to doubt him).  3-4 Edges.  1-2 QBs.  3-4 OL.  1-2 WRs.  

• Upvote 3

Stingley is a beast. This season he only recieved 4 targets (2 completed) in 3 game. It's not like he sucked during those game. Over his career a 41% completion percentage. Had a great freshman season and didn't nearly receive the same action his Sophomore season. Not sure why folks are knocking him. 

I would place the trio of Stingley, Sauce and McDuffie over Horn, Surtain and Newsome. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What would upset JN fans more?  These 2 or if we took Stingley/Linderbaum?

Those two. They are the 2 that I've seen the most of NO NO NO from

thibs is probably #3 on the Jets hate list from what I've seen, although that's debatable

Any player who has the word, “lisfranc,” in their draft profile immediately gets removed from my board for the first two days of the draft. I’ll be willing to check in again around round five. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Any player who has the word, “lisfranc,” in their draft profile immediately gets removed from my board for the first two days of the draft. I’ll be willing to check in again around round five. 

Yea, they should be a no go for any GM. Those are hard to fully recover from

3 hours ago, slats said:

Taysom Hill had one in college week 1 (Nebraska game that the backup won on a Hail Mary) and he was fine the next season.  

I looked it up, and that’s not unusual:.  Study:

“Results: The study group was composed of 28 NFL athletes who sustained Lisfranc injuries during the study period, including 11 offensive and 17 defensive players. While 2 of 28 (7.1%) players never returned to the NFL, 26 (92.9%) athletes returned to competition at a median of 11.1 (interquartile range [IQR], 10.3-12.5) months from time of injury and missed a median of 8.5 (IQR, 6.3-13.0) regular-season games. Analysis of pre- and postinjury athletic performance revealed no statistically significant changes after return to sport after Lisfranc injury.”

That said - I agree the Jets aren’t in a good position to roll the dice this draft.  

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Yea, they should be a no go for any GM. Those are hard to fully recover from