Why the Jets SHOULD trade pick #4! (Unless Hutchinson or Thibodeax are available at 4)

Moving one spot, 4 to 3

The first major move of the 2012 NFL draft night has the Cleveland Browns sending their first-, fourth-, fifth- and seventh-round picks to the Minnesota Vikings for the right to move up one spot.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Please make the case for what team is coming up for what player

plesee use the jimmy Johnson chart to suggest fair comparsation 

#4 is a VERY expensive pick

My thoughts exactly.  

Someone has to want someone VERY badly to move up to #4 to get them.

But conversely, the entire argument hinges on the Jets not thinking ANY player is worthy of #4.

The only situation I see if someone gets insane over a QB or maybe Sauce?  I don't know, just not seeing it this cycle.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

Please make the case for what team is coming up for what player

plesee use the jimmy Johnson chart to suggest fair comparsation 

#4 is a VERY expensive pick

**** Jimmy Johnson, I'm not taking advice from a senile old man who clearly the game has passed him by.

I'll use the draft points system. The 4th is 1800 points, 16 & 19 together is 1875 points, same with Atlanta's 8 & 43 pick.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

**** Jimmy Johnson, I'm not taking advice from a senile old man who clearly the game has passed him by.

I'll use the draft points system. The 4th is 1800 points, 16 & 19 together is 1875 points, same with Atlanta's 8 & 43 pick.

Please tell me that’s you in the video. Please. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

Cool. Name the team and player 

33 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

You do realize that senile old man INVENTED the draft points system?  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

Hadn't considered Atlanta moving from 8 to 4. Good job pointing that out

• Upvote 2

If a really good NFL WR is worth $30mm, what does the $8mm that pick 4 costs get you?   I would think that the value is still there.

If Carl Lawson is worth $15mm, I would think we can find an EDGE at 10 that is a good value at $4mm.  

11 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Totally.  If we don't, we'll be completely screwed when the Chiefs trade up into the top 10 to take the only WR in the draft. 

Smh

We don’t have the luxury to wait around for the leftovers, have you not viewed a game last season???? 

35 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Hadn't considered Atlanta moving from 8 to 4. Good job pointing that out

Thank you.  I personally don't think that the Falcons are going to stand pat with Mariota., they could very well move up. If we get the 8th & 43rd picks we still get our Edge at 8, WR at 10 and we get another premium pick which would make 5 picks in the top 43.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

This is literally false. Even the most 12 personnel focused teams in the NFL STILL have 11 as their predominant personnel alignment by a lot. Even SF, who not only ran more than 50% of plays from 11 but ran disguised 11 as 21 with Deebo a lot. Three WR sets are the absolute core of the NFL

Literally 

17 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Totally.  If we don't, we'll be completely screwed when the Chiefs trade up into the top 10 to take the only WR in the draft. 

I think they might be interested in Jameson Williams (who supposedly is the closest WR to Tyreek Hill in this draft) rather than Garrett Wilson.

If the jets wanted they could have a real boring draft in round 1, take ekongwu, trade becton for a future pick and then take karlaftis at 10.  But if they are hell bent on taking a wr, they could also take their favorite wr at 4 and i still think they’re getting karlaftis.

4 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

No, if they moved up it would be to get Malik Willis.

This was the exact scenario i was thinking about while going for my daily hike today.

Trade with Atlanta 4 for 8 and their 2nd.

Pick at 8 and 10 then trade back up into the end of the first to get someone who is slipping. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

This was the exact scenario i was thinking about while going for my daily hike today.

Pick at 8 and 10 then trade back up into the end of the first to get someone who is slipping. 

I'd be cool with that.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Hutch is going #1 even thought he is grossly over valued and Thibs is a bust in the making or a 1 down player at best.

At # 4 take Sauce or Ickey. 

At # 10, take London if available or Hamilton if London is gone. 

Thibs has no bend in his game, the Jets take him they will regret that decision.  For that reason I think he’s going drop  in the draft. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

It sounds great unless there’s a wr or edge at 4 they feel will not be there at 8.  They’d still need to pick 2 guys they like.  If wilson is gone, would they pick london at 8?