Jets Add Greg Senat to the Offseason Roster

NY Jets Helmet

The Jets made a roster move on Tuesday, by signing offensive tackle Greg Senat.  Randy Lange provided more information on NYJets.com.

Senat (6-6, 305) was acquired by the Jets off waivers from Indianapolis on Jan. 3, then was deactivated for the season finale at Buffalo. The Jets didn’t tender him a qualifying offer last month, but the signing adds him to the team’s offseason roster, which stands at 80 players.

Senat made the rounds over his first four seasons in the NFL, even though his only game experience was 10 games (no starts) for Dallas in 2020.

He played his high school ball, mostly basketball, at his hometown high school of Elmont Memorial on Long Island. He then played power forward for Wagner’s basketball team for four years before joining the football squad and starting 22 games at right tackle. From there he was selected in the sixth round (No. 212 overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft by Baltimore.

Senat then had stops with Kansas City, Cleveland (practice squad), Dallas, the Browns again and the Colts before joining the Jets’ offensive line room shortly after New Year’s Day.

The post Jets Add Greg Senat to the Offseason Roster appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

Sure, but they've seen something in Connor McDermott too. 

Connor McDermott was OT4 last year, behind Morgan Moses (who is gone).  McDermott played 6 games, starting 3 of them..... yet the Jets are fine at OT heading into 2022 with the ultra-reliable Becton and Fant on his final year!

?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

A heartbeat?

30 minutes ago, freestater said:

Sure, but they've seen something in Connor McDermott too. 

32 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

A pulse?

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

maybe he knows vinny.

Don’t blame me.  Blame @Paradis for making a thread about the guy I wanted to draft in a couple of picks.  

I bumped that thread half way down the page and I would have put it off the front page last night until I realized @kdels62 was up next and he has a draft plan, so I was safe. 

Do you know how difficult it was to find something to say to bump this thread? 

• Haha 3

• 10 months later...
On 4/7/2022 at 11:30 AM, Hal N of Provo said:

Do you know how difficult it was to find something to say to bump this thread? 

I am bumping it too. 

Anybody know the deal with Senat?  They carried him all season, I think he was on the NFI list from July on.  He's a journeyman, but he was an interesting prospect with mostly basketball experience coming out.  

Plus, he made the 2019 pff all-preseason team, along with former Jet and current Lions contributor Khalif Raymond!

TOTP-1-768x432.png

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am bumping it too. 

Anybody know the deal with Senat?  They carried him all season, I think he was on the NFI list from July on.  He's a journeyman, but he was an interesting prospect with mostly basketball experience coming out.  

Plus, he made the 2019 pff all-preseason team, along with former Jet and current Lions contributor Khalif Raymond!

TOTP-1-768x432.png

Yeah, interesting that they kept him around on NFI all year and have now re-signed him.

They must like his potential to add cheap depth. Let's see how he does in camp.

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Yeah, interesting that they kept him around on NFI all year and have now re-signed him.

They must like his potential to add cheap depth. Let's see how he does in camp.

They haven’t resigned him. This thread was started April 2022

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am bumping it too. 

TOTP-1-768x432.png

2019 PFF All-Preseason....

The Office Lol GIF

14 minutes ago, Bronx said:

2019 PFF All-Preseason....

The Office Lol GIF

That was kind of the joke.  Still, an interesting kid.  Ravens drafted him in the 6th in 2018.  He got turf toe in the preseason and ended up missing the season.  Also fined by Harbaugh for posting a picture of himself in a walking boot.  Was put on IR again in 2019, then waived and joined the Chiefs who put him on IR in November.  I think he still got a ring.  In 2020  the Chiefs dumped him on cutdown day and he signed with the Browns practice squad, but was eventually picked up by the Cowboys and actually played a bit.  Handful of snaps on O and some specials.  In 2021 he signed back with the Browns and was cut on cutdown day and eventually went to the Colts for a few days and the Jets signed him in January 2022 when Fant went on IR.  In July of 2022 the Jets put him on the non-football injury list for an undisclosed reason.  

Long story short, he is either hurt all the time, or teams liked his potential and stashed him while he developed.  Likely a bit of both.  Coming out his agility numbers were great, but he was a bit on the lean side.  Very new to football.  Just 2 years at Wagner and off to the NFL.  Teams probably wanted to bulk him up, develop and train him.  Assume that nothing will come of him, but he was a late rounder I considered interesting in 2018.  Okay, not so short.