Report: Seattle wants two first round picks for DK

13 minutes ago, Vader said:

This means they want #10 and something else…. I think they would definitely take #4 alone.

Not necessarily.  The #10 is worth 1300 points.

Two 1st round picks like #26 and #31 would also equal 1300 points.  The value is the same, but that's just for this year.  If Seattle is looking for a #1 this year and a #1 next year that's a different story.

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Just do a 3 team trade. 

Saints give Seattle 16 and 19. Jets give Saints 10. Jets get Metcalf. 

GM'ing is easy.

There's a definite possibility this is already agreed to --just have to wait it out to make sure Willis is there at 4.

The only thing is - Jets must have a deal already done with Metcalf though - not sure if that can be kept quiet that long.

34 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Great post LIL, not surprised. I have waited long enough and can wait a little longer. Keep building through the draft. My quick assessment of Metcalf, very good receiver with Russell Wilson but as soon as there was a little adversity he disappeared and complained. If I were to read more into his recent interview claiming his diet is of candy and coffee I would quickly evaluate him as a potentially immature and not ready to go the extra effort when it comes to being healthy.  Is this the type player that you open the bank for and give up draft capital? I would say no

Lol. He looks healthy to me. Unless he has a heart condition we don't know about.

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If he gives up 2 Firsts for Jonathan Taylor he should be punched.

Jonathan Taylor is hands down the best RB in the league, and he will be for the next 4-6 years. I would make that trade in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

This is on JD, right?

What is on JD is nailing this damn draft.  So far his draft picks have been about average at best.  All I've ever said was I would rather get a proven player (doesn't matter the position), than spin the bottle on a draft pick that you have no idea if he can transfer his skills to the NFL.  

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Jonathan Taylor is hands down the best RB in the league, and he will be for the next 4-6 years. I would make that trade in a heartbeat. 

Two 1sts?  I just couldn't do that.  Certainly not with the system the Jets run.  We need quick, one-cut type runners who go directly to where the play is designed to go.  It's why Michael Carter has been such a great fit even if he's far from an ideal RB.

In this system the most valuable pieces are the offensive linemen running the wide/outside zone blocking scheme.  3rd and 4th round RBs can succeed.  Look at the 49ers.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

What is on JD is nailing this damn draft.  So far his draft picks have been about average at best.  All I've ever said was I would rather get a proven player (doesn't matter the position), than spin the bottle on a draft pick that you have no idea if he can transfer his skills to the NFL.  

JD has used two 2nd round picks on WRs thus far with the Jets.  Mims and Elijah Moore.  That's a lot of Draft capital, the result of which has been one WR2 with some injury concerns.

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Taylor's oline deserves more credit for Taylor's success than Taylor himself.

Didn't they just say two days ago that they’re not even listening to offers for DK? ? Everyone was shouting at the top of their lungs that this was a Jets fan created rumor.

Before the draft starts, DK and AJ will be traded. And Cooks as well. Just a matter of when and where and for how much.

I would not trade two 1st for DK. I would not trade pick 4 for DK either. Pick 10 for DK and a 4th works for me though.

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Two 1sts?  I just couldn't do that.  Certainly not with the system the Jets run.  We need quick, one-cut type runners who go directly to where the play is designed to go.  It's why Michael Carter has been such a great fit even if he's far from an ideal RB.

In this system the most valuable pieces are the offensive linemen running the wide/outside zone blocking scheme.  3rd and 4th round RBs can succeed.  Look at the 49ers.

The 49ers have one first round pick on their starting OL, they have the same number of undrafted free agents. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

His second draft is far from average.  Especially is he hit it on the qb.  
How many championships have all these trades for proven players won, especially compared to drafted players on their team?  

Our immediate reaction is hell no because we're always picking into the top 10.

To a good team the cost of 2 first rounders in the mid to high 20s doesn't sound bad.  We kinda lucked out that Russell got hurt last year and they underperformed otherwise we would have gotten their normal pick somewhere in the 20s.

I'd give them 10 and a 3rd tops because I have a feeling DK in NY could be a disaster.  He seems a little emotional.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slats said:

The 49ers have one first round pick on their starting OL, they have the same number of undrafted free agents. 

They have three first round picks, just acquired two of them via trade/FA. And it was four last year. Different ways to acquire those guys but it’s a talented group.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

His second draft is far from average.  Especially is he hit it on the qb.  
How many championships have all these trades for proven players won, especially compared to drafted players on their team?  

See, that's exactly what I'm referring to.  "IF" he hits the QB position...IF he doesn't (and I would hope that every Jets fan is hoping he does), we are back to square one.  We have no championships with proven players or drafted players since SBIII.  We would have to be nuts to give the hawks two #1's for DK...what I'm saying is, I would give them our #10 (since a lot of mocks having us picking a WR at 10 anyway) and a late rounder and that's it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Think about that for a second and the impact DK can have on a game vs Jamal.

As soon as you hear two first for DK the immediate reaction mine included is no way - yet that is what we got for Jamal.

Unreal. 

Not to defend Seattle Seahawks, because for all I care, they can lose every game next season and I would be happy, but the reason Seattle was willing to give up so much for Jamal, was that they thought that they were a player or two away from going back to the Super Bowl.   They mistakenly thought that Jamal would put them over the top!  They didn't realize as Jets fans did, that Jamal would drag them right to the bottom.  lol

The Jets are in a different situation, in that we need multiple players to be able to even compete for a playoff spot, so no, Joe Douglas will not be giving up multiple first round draft picks for Metcalf!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, derp said:

They have three first round picks, just acquired two of them via trade/FA. And it was four last year. Different ways to acquire those guys but it’s a talented group.

Two relatively inexpensive free agents who were first round picks a long, long time ago =/= two first round picks. McGlinchy is the only one they drafted, back in 2018. 

So basically a first round pick, a fifth round pick, an undrafted free agent, and two older, less expensive vets. Fine way to build an OL. 

The two KC 1st round picks would make sense. Maybe the GB 28 and a 2023 1st rounder makes sense as well. Getting two 1st from those teams would work.

The two Jets seconds are high but Seattle probably wants to save face. I’m not expecting us to get DK as a result.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Good point.  So it's the system? ?

#KeepLaFleurInTheBooth

I love the systems on both sides of the ball here. Devaluing RBs and DBs, and finding fits for the OL rather than the “studs” people here seem to think need to man every spot on the starting OL, along with the swing tackle. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slats said:

Two relatively inexpensive free agents who were first round picks a long, long time ago =/= two first round picks. McGlinchy is the only one they drafted, back in 2018. 

So basically a first round pick, a fifth round pick, an undrafted free agent, and two older, less expensive vets. Fine way to build an OL. 

Shanahan brings Alex Mack everywhere because he doesn’t want to run his scheme without him.

Trent Williams is an older, less expensive vet? Really?? Come on. He is the highest paid offensive lineman in football. 

The poster you quoted was talking about talent, at least that was my read, not how to build a line. That’s a talented offensive line.

35 minutes ago, MBGreen said:

Taylor's oline deserves more credit for Taylor's success than Taylor himself.

This is just false.

You're over rating the Colts 2021 O line. By a lot. They severely underperformed last season. 

If you made that statement about 2020? I could understand a bit. 

Taylor was the entire Colts offense for 2021. 

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Our immediate reaction is hell no because we're always picking into the top 10.

To a good team the cost of 2 first rounders in the mid to high 20s doesn't sound bad.  We kinda lucked out that Russell got hurt last year and they underperformed otherwise we would have gotten their normal pick somewhere in the 20s.

I'd give them 10 and a 3rd tops because I have a feeling DK in NY could be a disaster.  He seems a little emotional.

2 1sts, even in the 20s, is ridiculous when the Chiefs were prepared to give up Tyreek Hill for 2 2nds. Granted, they were high seconds, but 2 1sts for DK who is not nearly as good as Hill is never going to happen and only a product of them feeling dumb for the Adams trade.

It's even more ridiculous when you factor in that only 2 teams were capable of trading for Hill (Cap/draft capital) so you don't really have much of a market.   

• Upvote 1