Report: Seattle wants two first round picks for DK

11 minutes ago, slats said:

I love the systems on both sides of the ball here. Devaluing RBs and DBs, and finding fits for the OL rather than the “studs” people here seem to think need to man every spot on the starting OL, along with the swing tackle. 

I want an OT somewhere in the first 2 rounds this year. ?

But I'm weird.

14 minutes ago, derp said:

Trent Williams is an older, less expensive vet? Really?? Come on. He is the highest paid offensive lineman in football. 

He will be, but not this year. ;) 

But my bad missing that. Point’s the same. A couple high priced pieces, fill out the rest. It’s that UDFA and fifth round pick I want more of. Get those guys in the pipeline. Jets already have a ton invested in their OL. 

31 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

See, that's exactly what I'm referring to.  "IF" he hits the QB position...IF he doesn't (and I would hope that every Jets fan is hoping he does), we are back to square one.  We have no championships with proven players or drafted players since SBIII.  We would have to be nuts to give the hawks two #1's for DK...what I'm saying is, I would give them our #10 (since a lot of mocks having us picking a WR at 10 anyway) and a late rounder and that's it.  

If he doesn’t hit on the QB it’s still a really good draft.  It’s not average or whatever gets thrown around.  
Id give the 10th for DJ.  I don’t give anything higher.  

5 minutes ago, slats said:

He will be, but not this year. ;) 

But my bad missing that. Point’s the same. A couple high priced pieces, fill out the rest. It’s that UDFA and fifth round pick I want more of. Get those guys in the pipeline. Jets already have a ton invested in their OL. 

I think you’re arguing against the Jets drafting OL early while I’m making the same argument in another thread haha.

I’m arguing that a talented offensive line is the backbone of the outside zone run game moreso than running backs, which is what I thought the poster you originally quoted was saying.

And accordingly, we’re talking across each other.

As I said I think the first time I quoted you, there are multiple ways to build an OL but the 49ers are absolutely a very talented group up front.

• Upvote 2

They have less leverage than they think.  If they don’t want to pay him, the rest of the league knows it… No way on two firsts.  The price will come down as we get closer to the draft.  Not sure we’ll be able to pull this off without including a first, but we’ll see.

The trade I like BTW, assuming Malik Willis drops to 4, is Jets trade pick 4 for Seattle pick 9 and DK Metcalf.  To come up for a QB costs a lot… and I could easily see Malik in Seattle.  At 9 and 10, they would be set for Edge/OL/LB in that scenario.  Who knows, maybe even Sauce drops.  

I think Seattle is posturing right now.  This is far from over.  If Seattle wants Willis, the Jets are their partner. 

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Two first round picks? A strong NO WAY. While I see the need to upgrade the Wr room I do not see why we are interested in trading for Metcalf or any of the other mentioned Wrs unless it is an absolute no brainer. Moore looked like he was on the verge of dominance before he got hurt and I have to believe that Corey Davis will bounce back to his usual self and/or Mims works out.  We added a solid #3 in Berrios and he made huge strides this season and with the hope he gets even better. I would go with Corey Davis, Moore, Berrios, Mims, 1st or 2nd round draft pick, 3-5th round draft pick, and a vet cap causality. Metcalf had some great success with Russell Wilson but that doesnt guarantee he will with Zach. The NFL is also different in the sense that traded players often dont fit as easily as how it translates in other sports.  Are we willing to give a gazillion dollars and a high draft pick to a Wr that has shown strong promise to be a bonified #1 ( yet 2/3 seasons are under 1000 yards) but also complained to the media when things didnt go his way when Russell Wilson got hurt? Maybe its nothing, but also Metcalf's most recent interview stating that his diet is coffee and candy? I have concerns for any player we consider giving an enormous contract to, plus major draft capital, for a player who doesnt have the decision making skills and mental strength to shut his mouth before he looks ridiculously immature or uncaring about his personal health when his personal health directly affects his performance. 

I totally agree with your strategy at WR and just to add that with it will also be helped by having 2 serious receiving threats at TE now. Hopefully JD does just this as you said draft 2 WRs one high one in mid rounds and bring in another vet like Landry who at one point has to take a job. Then we can use the remaining picks mostly on D and some more Oline depth, perhaps another RB. We can't do that if we trade too many draft assets this from this and next years draft even for 1 player at WR who may or may not fit well, not to mention the $ we pay him will will translate over the short and long term into having much less $ for strengthening other positions. Lets do it this way and let the chips fall where they may. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Just do a 3 team trade. 

Saints give Seattle 16 and 19. Jets give Saints 10. Jets get Metcalf. 

GM'ing is easy.

If the 10 is equal to 16&19 why bother including the Saints?

The Jets would need to give up the #4 and something else, like a 2023 #1 or two 2nds, wouldn’t they?

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

The two KC 1st round picks would make sense. Maybe the GB 28 and a 2023 1st rounder makes sense as well. Getting two 1st from those teams would work.

The two Jets seconds are high but Seattle probably wants to save face. I’m not expecting us to get DK as a result.

Agree 100%

If we’re going to have a chance here, we probably need to offer #4 and our 1st next year, and I don’t think anyone wants to see us do that.

If he’s traded, he’s going to a good team with a couple of higher 1st’s. Probably the Chiefs, because GB, the Eagles and SF are NFC teams.

1 hour ago, genot said:

Lol. He looks healthy to me. Unless he has a heart condition we don't know about.

Yeah, DK is an obvious athletic freak and his body looks to be in tremendous shape. Trying to read deeper into the interview mentioned where he willingly/proudly claims that his diet is coffee and candy adds to my hesitation to giving up so much for him. 1) Did he not think this interview would make him look immature after a season in which he came across as immature by complaining when things didnt go his way after Wilson went down? 2) Does a player who admits to showing zero effort with his diet eventually lead to issues of endurance/injury recovery somewhere down the road? 3) Is this the type of player the Jets want to invest in after possible issues we learned about Behcton and his diet while he is recovering from injury? For me, the player must be near perfect to give up what Seattle is asking for (apparently).  I'm seeing a guy who looks like a freak of nature athletically who has had success on the field but might be immature and not caring as much when it comes to taking care of his health off the field in a game where injury and recovery are vital. 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense. Tyreke Hill was a 5th round pick. Does that mean a team is stupid for giving up a first rounder + for him? The whole point is to get a proven young stud. When your QB is on a rookie contract, paying a WR big money doesn't really mean THAT much. Not in today's NFL.

Is Metcalf worth a combo of Wilson and JJ? Sure- if those guys end up being JAGs or taking 2-3 years to develop. Literally, unless one of them IMMEDIATELY turns into a stud players like DK, I would rather trade for DK. Could happen, but you are taking a huge risk. 

While I'm not advocating to trade the 4th and 10th picks for DK. Thats lunacy. If JD was able to generate an extra first rounder somehow I coudl potentially be on board.   

My main point is that you don't give up 4 and 10 for Metcalf. Under that scenario, I'd rather draft. Which you seem to agree with, so not sure how this makes no sense. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

My main point is that you don't give up 4 and 10 for Metcalf. Under that scenario, I'd rather draft. Which you seem to agree with, so not sure how this makes no sense. 

Ok. But it sounded like you were saying:

1. DK is not work trading for b/c he was a late 2nd round pick.

2. It's better to have Garrett Wilson and Jermaine Johnson than DK Metcalf. 

So I misinterpreted you. But again, DK is a young stud WR, potentially on the verge of superstardom. Garrett Wilson AND JJ COULD turn into that. But there are multiple X factors that could prove they will never come close to that. Thats why you PAY DK and thats why you trade legit draft capital for him. The only reason I don't give up #4 and #10 is b/c I think JD can figure out a way to get him for less or trade down and flip the lower draft pick for DK.  

3 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

They have less leverage than they think.  If they don’t want to pay him, the rest of the league knows it… No way on two firsts.  The price will come down as we get closer to the draft.  Not sure we’ll be able to pull this off without including a first, but we’ll see.

The trade I like BTW, assuming Malik Willis drops to 4, is Jets trade pick 4 for Seattle pick 9 and DK Metcalf.  To come up for a QB costs a lot… and I could easily see Malik in Seattle.  At 9 and 10, they would be set for Edge/OL/LB in that scenario.  Who knows, maybe even Sauce drops.  

I think Seattle is posturing right now.  This is far from over.  If Seattle wants Willis, the Jets are their partner. 

The Seahawks are going to draft a QB and Willis is likely the guy they want.  If Thibs doesn’t fall to us at 4 absolutely draft Willis and hold the Seahawks, giants and panthers and probably Steelers all hostage

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Yeah, DK is an obvious athletic freak and his body looks to be in tremendous shape. Trying to read deeper into the interview mentioned where he willingly/proudly claims that his diet is coffee and candy adds to my hesitation to giving up so much for him. 1) Did he not think this interview would make him look immature after a season in which he came across as immature by complaining when things didnt go his way after Wilson went down? 2) Does a player who admits to showing zero effort with his diet eventually lead to issues of endurance/injury recovery somewhere down the road? 3) Is this the type of player the Jets want to invest in after possible issues we learned about Behcton and his diet while he is recovering from injury? For me, the player must be near perfect to give up what Seattle is asking for (apparently).  I'm seeing a guy who looks like a freak of nature athletically who has had success on the field but might be immature and not caring as much when it comes to taking care of his health off the field in a game where injury and recovery are vital. 

Last year Metcalf played the entire season on a bad foot. Wilson did not play well, and was also injured. Metcalf still had 75 receptions and 12 touchdowns. He's 24 yrs old and hasn't reached his ceiling yet  You're right. He has some maturity issues. . He's not perfect. Neither was Hill, or some of the other players who have changed teams. Check out Locketts production before and after Metcalf was drafted. We could find a reason to reject anyone who might become available. Sometimes you need to pull the trigger and accept the risk. Especially when you're trying to develop a QB, you hope to be the future for the next 10 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, genot said:

Last year Metcalf played the entire season on a bad foot. Wilson did not play well, and was also injured. Metcalf still had 75 receptions and 12 touchdowns. He's 24 yrs old and hasn't reached his ceiling yet  You're right. He has some maturity issues. . He's not perfect. Neither was Hill, or some of the other players who have changed teams. Check out Locketts production before and after Metcalf was drafted. We could find a reason to reject anyone who might become available. Sometimes you need to pull the trigger and accept the risk. Especially when you're trying to develop a QB, you hope to be the future for the next 10 years.

Great post Gnot, Im not surprised. You make some solid points. And of course if we traded for Metcalf I'd be on board and supporting most to all of what you just posted. But I also dont see Seattle ever trading with us after the Adams trade. 

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not necessarily.  The #10 is worth 1300 points.

Two 1st round picks like #26 and #31 would also equal 1300 points.  The value is the same, but that's just for this year.  If Seattle is looking for a #1 this year and a #1 next year that's a different story.

Two firsts isn’t their target bid though, it’s their opening bid. I think they would take #10 and another pick, not necessarily a first — a third maybe, a second if their being particular. Plus, on that, Seattle I think is looking to levy a “save face” tax on JD as cost of doing business with them, due to the one-sided Adam’s deal. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He is a higher profile player, yes, but that doesn't  mean he is worth 2 forst round picks. If he was the final piece to making a SB run, yeah,  I can see it, but not for us, that is for sure. 

Metcalf has had 3 seasons so far in the nfl and has yet to catch less than 900 yards in a season and has double digit touchdowns in 2 of the 3 seasons.  This is with Geno Smith as his qb for part of that time

His best days as a pro are still ahead of him

hes absolutely worth 2 1s

3 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

The Seahawks are going to draft a QB and Willis is likely the guy they want.  If Thibs doesn’t fall to us at 4 absolutely draft Willis and hold the Seahawks, giants and panthers and probably Steelers all hostage

Chill Out Uk GIF by The Challenge

Uh…. No. You might be over thinking this a bit. ?