Jets have contacted Texans about Brandin Cooks

Per Jordan Schultz

Sources: #Cowboys, #Packers and #Jets have all called #Texans about WR Brandin Cooks -- while #Rams and #Raiders previously called before Allen Robinson/Davante Adams moves. 

• Cooks only 28 yrs old!
• SIX 1k seasons w/4 DIFF QBs!
• 205 catches of 15+ yards (5th) since 2014!

• Upvote 3

Just now, JetsFanNick12 said:

Per Jordan Schultz

Sources: #Cowboys, #Packers and #Jets have all called #Texans about WR Brandin Cooks -- while #Rams and #Raiders previously called before Allen Robinson/Davante Adams moves. 

• Cooks only 28 yrs old!

If true, RIP DK rumors 

• Upvote 2

"As far as a team thinking they could trade me for draft capital, I would caution them to think twice, because quite frankly, I'm not going to accept any more trades," the Houston Texans receiver said Friday, per Sarah Barshop of ESPN. "And so, for me, if you want me off your team, you've just got to let me walk and choose my destination."

What happened to this? lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Hmmmm they will probably come to a middle ground where they basically let him choose his destination out of the offers they deem valid.

And like Hill it likely definitely won’t be the Jets that he chooses 

Yep, we keep coming back to the same issue with respect to all of these trades - nobody wants to come to a 4-13 team that hasn't been to the playoffs since the first Obama administration.

The Jets need to establish basic competency first. Win 8 games. Something like that. We have to nail this draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Getting Cooks would be a solid backup plan (a 4th rounder and a 3 year deal). We should still draft a WR early. In this case, I’d go Jameson Williams at #10. Once Williams is healthy, we will have an explosive set of WR’s and be set long term with Williams and Moore.

54 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This would be the makeup move for passing on Cooper. I think we got spoiled by the idea of Hill coming here. Cooks can produce just as much as Cooper would have here

We didn't pass up on Cooper. The Cowboys pass up on giving us the flexibility to re-work his deal before agreeing to a trade. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Yep, we keep coming back to the same issue with respect to all of these trades - nobody wants to come to a 4-13 team that hasn't been to the playoffs since the first Obama administration.

The Jets need to establish basic competency first. Win 8 games. Something like that. We have to nail this draft. 

Not necessarily true. Some players main goal is to win a SB. Others want either $$ or a chance to be a starter/star. Motivation varies for different players.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetsFanNick12 said:

Per Jordan Schultz

• Cooks only 28 yrs old!

What’s his deal that he moves around so much?

• Upvote 1

Reading through some Texans message boards and this is what their fans think

1st: would like a 1st but dont expect it

2nd: they think this is reasonable

3rd: minimum compensation

4th: not worth it

I have to agree with them on a 4th not being worth it. They have enough draft capital. Better to keep Cooks and support their young QB.

• Upvote 1