If Hutch and Thibs go #1 and #2, then if no WR is worthy of #4, then the pick should be CB Sauce

If Hutch and Thibs go #1 and #2(Based on Lions link below them looking at Thibs extensively), then if no WR is worthy of #4, then the pick should be CB Sauce since we really have to have the CB position as good as possible to stop all the great WRs and QBs throwing to them in the Division and Conference. The next best Edge after those top 2 may also not be worthy of the #4 pick especially if Sauce is ranked much higher. We can then take BAP of either Edge or WR at #10. This all assumes we do not trade down with either pick, or trade away #10 for a WR.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/07/dan-campbell-kayvon-thibodeaux-pretty-special-on-tape/

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

If Hutch and Thibs go #1 and #2(Based on Lions link below them looking at Thibs extensively), then if no WR is worthy of #4, then the pick should be CB Sauce since we really have to have the CB position as good as possible to stop all the great WRs and QBs throwing to them in the Division and Conference. The next best Edge after those top 2 may also not be worthy of the #4 pick especially if Sauce is ranked much higher. We can then take BAP of either Edge or WR at #10. This all assumes we do not trade down with either pick, or trade away #10 for a WR.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/07/dan-campbell-kayvon-thibodeaux-pretty-special-on-tape/

I'd prefer to trade down to get more picks but if they stay at 4 and AH & KT are off the board, Sauce is the pick.

10 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

I'd prefer to trade down to get more picks but if they stay at 4 and AH & KT are off the board, Sauce is the pick.

I  agree Gardner should most likely be the pick , but its just a hunch that the Jets have Walker or Johnson rated over Thibs and I would not be shocked to see either selected at 4 .  The pass rush is what makes this D work , and I feel the Jets will take whomever of the top 4 Edge players they have rated highest. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

I  agree Gardner should most likely be the pick , but its just a hunch that the Jets have Walker or Johnson rated over Thibs and I would not be shocked to see either selected at 4 .  The pass rush is what makes this D work , and I feel the Jets will take whomever of the top 4 Edge players they have rated highest. 

Also going edge at 4 allows them flexibility at 10, to go wr, or trade out, and not have to worry about losing out on edge rushers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

WR and Edge are the top 2 position that we need. we cant mess that up cause of "Worthiness".

you do realize that drafting Sause will bench our best CB from last year in Hall right? cause Reed just signed for 11 mil a year so he isnt going to sit. and MC2 played the slot well all year.

and Hill is too good to bench so when you have to trade one of the top players on your team to make room for a draft pick then thats a bad move.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'd draft Sauce even if Thibs is sitting there.

We need a corner and Sauce could be a R Sherman for us next to Hall.   

Then you can go EDGE or WR with the 10th pick

What Cb Hall or Reed do you feel is not up to the job? necessitating the need for sauce? trying to understand your thought process here? is it that or maybe you just think we need depth? what is it, why would you spend the 4th pick on a CB?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What Cb Hall or Reed do you feel is not up to the job? necessitating the need for sauce? trying to understand your thought process here? is it that or maybe you just think we need depth? what is it, why would you spend the 4th pick on a CB?

Because he could be better than both and with the need for a nickel and dime more than not given the passing offenses we see, 2 isnt enough.  And I'd rather get the top corner in the draft than Thibs unless theyre sold on him and think he'll go all out, every play.  

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'd draft Sauce even if Thibs is sitting there.

We need a corner and Sauce could be a R Sherman for us next to Hall.   

Then you can go EDGE or WR with the 10th pick

Sherman was a 5th rd pick and I just remembered now why this franchise is allergic to edge rushers.  This type of backwards thinking

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Can’t have enough mediocre high draft pick DBs and interior DL

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Sherman was a 5th rd pick and I just remembered now why this franchise is allergic to edge rushers.  This type of backwards thinking

And Klecko was a 6th.  So dont take an EDGE in the 1st?  

Backwards thinking is it makes a difference where Sherman was taken and not taking him in the 1st because of it

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And Klecko was a 6th.  So dont take an EDGE in the 1st?  

Backwards thinking is it makes a difference where Sherman was taken and not taking him in the 1st because of it

We finally have a legit at shot at our first real edge rusher in 17 years and you want to draft a corner? Corners are easy to find just because JD and Saleh suck at it doesn’t mean it’s difficult I mean Mike friggin Macagnan was able to sign a decent free agent CB while he was tanking the 2017 season 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

We finally have a legit at shot at our first real edge rusher in 17 years and you want to draft a corner? Corners are easy to find just because JD and Saleh suck at it doesn’t mean it’s difficult I mean Mike friggin Macagnan was able to sign a decent free agent CB while he was tanking the 2017 season 

Except that EDGE comes with concerns and without an assurance that hes a real edge rusher.  

Top corners arent easy to find and only a troll would claim that JD and Saleh suck at it given how good Hall is as late pick.  

Bad try at deflecting though

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except that EDGE comes with concerns and without an assurance that hes a real edge rusher.  

Top corners arent easy to find and only a troll would claim that JD and Saleh suck at it given how good Hall is as late pick.  

Bad try at deflecting though

And you somehow have special knowledge from the future that Gardner = Prime Richard Sherman

Give me a break.  I’m so sick of this franchise making obviously stupid mistakes and shooting itself in the foot.  Either wasting 1st round picks on interior DL or DBs.  We need an edge rusher and good to even hall of fame CBs can be had in rounds 2-7 plus free agency plus guys will be cut who can help us in the secondary 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

It’s been my position for a while at 4 if Thibs is gone.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

And you somehow have special knowledge from the future that Gardner = Prime Richard Sherman

Give me a break.  I’m so sick of this franchise making obviously stupid mistakes and shooting itself in the foot.  Either wasting 1st round picks on interior DL or DBs.  We need an edge rusher and good to even hall of fame CBs can be had in rounds 2-7 plus free agency plus guys will be cut who can help us in the secondary 

As opposed to the special knowledge of knowing Thibs is a real legitimate edge?  

Better yet its not even Thibs, its someone else.  The question posed if Thibs is gone.  The 3rd EDGE vs. the top corner.  And you and others are arguing as if Sauce shouldnt even be considered

Youre too funny.  

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Better yet its not even Thibs, its someone else.  The question posed if Thibs is gone.  The 3rd EDGE vs. the top corner.  And you and others are arguing as if Sauce shouldnt even be considered

Youre too funny.  

You’re going deep into a Macagnan/JD/Woody draft day fiasco rabbit hole overvaluing low value positions over edge rusher

it’s like this moronic franchise has conditioned you into thinking wanting a talented DE who has shown ability to get to the qb is a bad thing

1 minute ago, Dwight Englewood said:

You’re going deep into a Macagnan/JD/Woody draft day fiasco rabbit hole overvaluing low value positions over edge rusher

it’s like this moronic franchise has conditioned you into thinking wanting a talented DE who has shown ability to get to the qb is a bad thing

Youre going deep into troll territory 

Who were you with your previous incarnation?   

Calling people morons for not agreeing with you, you'll never learn

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre going deep into troll territory 

Who were you with your previous incarnation?   

Calling people morons for not agreeing with you, you'll never learn

I called the franchise moronic.  You’re the Homer who thinks using top 10 picks on slow safeties and corners is the way to go because “culture”

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Dwight Englewood said:

dont forget the guys who want to draft OL at 4. its bad enough doing 2 years in a row, 3 years is criminal. no wonder the rebuild will take 10 years

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

What about the nightmare scenario where sauce is #3?

And Wilson and London tear their ACLs one day before the draft?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this happened, because Jets

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because he could be better than both and with the need for a nickel and dime more than not given the passing offenses we see, 2 isnt enough.  And I'd rather get the top corner in the draft than Thibs unless theyre sold on him and think he'll go all out, every play.  

Sause and Reed start with MC2 as the nickel considering he played it all year and played well. how many times do we really play dime? not enough to put Hall on the bench for 90% of the plays.

QW and JFM lead the team with 6 sacks each. the 3rd best Edge can do better then that. that is a dire need. you could have a whole secondary of Sauses and it wouldnt matter if we cant get to the QB. the QB will just throw it to a TE or RB cause he will have all day to do it.

35 minutes ago, doitny said:

Sause and Reed start with MC2 as the nickel considering he played it all year and played well. how many times do we really play dime? not enough to put Hall on the bench for 90% of the plays.

QW and JFM lead the team with 6 sacks each. the 3rd best Edge can do better then that. that is a dire need. you could have a whole secondary of Sauses and it wouldnt matter if we cant get to the QB. the QB will just throw it to a TE or RB cause he will have all day to do it.

We play more dime than you think. 
The point is choosing the top CB vs the 3rd DE.  Choosing a DE who has never had 6 sacks vs a top corner.  I think the drop off from the top two DEs and you have a bunch of interchangeable DEs, one of them will be there at 10.  You won’t loose much from whoever is left after the 1st two are off the board.

‘It’s fun to watch the troll resorting to his usual S quote.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Plus make the pass rush better and all of a sudden Hall doesn't have to cover guys forever. 

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre too funny.  

But everyone is being snowed by the Gardner hype. He hasn't allowed a TD blah blah blah, he's good but he's not that good. 

I like him , think he's a quality CB , I happen to think Stingley will be a better pro. 

Pass rushers in this Defense are very important , I can't see Saleh and company overlooking that 

I guarantee you if the Jets draft him, first pass his way goes for a TD and then the hordes will immediately label him a bust 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1