Don't believe the BS from the media about Kayvon Thibodeaux!

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Jets haven’t smoke screen anything since JD has been here. Literally the only surprise to date was becton.  That only cause The whole world knew we where taking a OT just didnt know which one would be there.

the love for Wilson was out here for months. Same for AVT but must people didn’t think we would get him cause he wasn’t gonna fall to the 20’s. 

but yeah smoke screen  and there hasnt leaks since jd got there. Yeah right . 

If there’s a smokescreen, it’s that either 1) the jets are going defense at 4 when they’re really planning on taking their favorite receiver, or 2) the jets are actually planning to take an OT at 4 and trade becton. If anything, i think saleh may be leaning on douglas to trade becton and replace him with neal or ekongwu and get one of ‘his kind of guy’ and get rid of the headache. I could see douglas trading becton for a mid round pick this year and a higher pick in next year’s draft, and just admitting the mistake and helping wilson.

• WTF? 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

If there’s a smokescreen, it’s that either 1) the jets are going defense at 4 when they’re really planning on taking their favorite receiver, or 2) the jets are actually planning to take an OT at 4 and trade becton. If anything, i think saleh may be leaning on douglas to trade becton and replace him with neal or ekongwu and get one of ‘his kind of guy’ and get rid of the headache. I could see douglas trading becton for a mid round pick this year and a higher pick in next year’s draft, and just admitting the mistake and helping wilson.

Anything is possible. Wouldnt hold my breath on becton getting traded.. but i know they love icky.  So i guess theres possibility.  But it not just about becton. Fant still needs to be paid. 

9 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

It seems ? Lmaooo yall just be saying anything at this point.   People like Hughes are telling you the jets arent worried  cause its true. Saleh himself has said he wants  his guys to play good and get paid.  

but hey run with your beliefs.. KT just gonna be another player u hate on from day 1 like every other draft pick anyway.

It’s irrelevant anyway. If the off-field concerns about Thibodeaux are truly overblown, he’s going first overall. All five picks at the top are on sale for a trade-down discount, so either he gets drafted by Jacksonville (or the Lions, or the Texans) or any of the teams in football who need pass rush (spoiler: all of them) will go up and get him. If he’s still sitting there at four, it’s because he’s a douche that nobody wants any part of.

Interesting comments from Dan Campbell, in reference to why the Lions are getting so much face-time with Thibodeaux:

“Campbell said with some players, those sorts of questions are answered quickly and clearly. Others, like in this case with Thibodeaux, may take some extra homework.

“You just want to make sure that any questions you have, that you have them answered. That’s the best way to say it,” Campbell said. “Some guys, you can get those questions a lot sooner. Some guys, those questions got answered two months ago. You know? And some, it goes all the way down the line. And that’s top to bottom, that’s across the board, that’s not always just the athletic ability, that’s the other things. So could be the mental, could be anything. That’s just kind of the nature of it.”

So what does someone who loves football look like when they’re in a meeting with a coaching staff?

“They love it, and they can’t stop talking about it, and they can tell you all the little ins and outs,” Campbell said. “And it may not be the perfect terminology, but man, they can talk it, and they love it and they know it and they want more of it.”

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Interesting comments from Dan Campbell, in reference to why the Lions are getting so much face-time with Thibodeaux:

“Campbell said with some players, those sorts of questions are answered quickly and clearly. Others, like in this case with Thibodeaux, may take some extra homework.

“You just want to make sure that any questions you have, that you have them answered. That’s the best way to say it,” Campbell said. “Some guys, you can get those questions a lot sooner. Some guys, those questions got answered two months ago. You know? And some, it goes all the way down the line. And that’s top to bottom, that’s across the board, that’s not always just the athletic ability, that’s the other things. So could be the mental, could be anything. That’s just kind of the nature of it.”

So what does someone who loves football look like when they’re in a meeting with a coaching staff?

“They love it, and they can’t stop talking about it, and they can tell you all the little ins and outs,” Campbell said. “And it may not be the perfect terminology, but man, they can talk it, and they love it and they know it and they want more of it.”

So does Thibs love it?

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s irrelevant anyway. If the off-field concerns about Thibodeaux are truly overblown, he’s going first overall. All five picks at the top are on sale for a trade-down discount, so either he gets drafted by Jacksonville (or the Lions, or the Texans) or any of the teams in football who need pass rush (spoiler: all of them) will go up and get him. If he’s still sitting there at four, it’s because he’s a douche that nobody wants any part of.

None of this means a thing its all about preference.. before FA everyone thought Neal or ikem was going #1.. if he they fall the to giants or further now does that mean there douche’s too? 

texans gm coming from that patriots tree could easily view Hamilton and Walker as better fits for them.  Do to there versatility. Saleh specifically said he wants a “Pass Rusher” which is why KT and JJ makes the most sense for us. Problem with JJ i never seen JD use a 1st rd pick on a older rookie. But again anything is possible.  

I personally think its come down to Ikem and KT.. and Edge is gonna win out .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

None of this means a thing its all about preference.. before FA everyone thought Neal or ikem was going #1.. if he they fall the to giants or further now does that mean there douche’s too? 

texans gm coming from that patriots tree could easily view Hamilton and Walker as better fits for them.  Do to there versatility. Saleh specifically told he wants a “Pass Rusher” which is why KT and JJ makes the most sense for us. Problem with JJ i never seen JD use a 1st rd pick on a older rookie. But again anything is possible.  

I personally think its come down to Ikem and KT.. and Edge is gonna win out .

It may depend on whether douglas can trade becton, and for how much.  They can get an edge at 10, JJ and karlaftis will be there, at least one.  Doesn’t seem to be that much difference.  You have the gm in douglas wanting to draft a stud, so if icky is the best on his board, that may sway things.  And then you have douglas, the guy who wants to keep his job, which means having wilson develop quickly.  That also means getting a line that is healthy and reliable.  So yeah i think there’s a real chance becton is shopped.

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Root of Thib criticism comes from nfl gms and agents and the majority of both are white. 

That’s weird to you ? Okay ?

And dude I watch the pac, never heard anything but everyone gushing over Thib and now it’s draft time and he’s magically transformed into a lazy idiot. 

funny how that works ?

Actually most of the criticism has come from scouts or the media.  Who no one would say the majority are white.  

Agents?  lol

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It may depend on whether douglas can trade becton, and for how much.  They can get an edge at 10, JJ and karlaftis will be there, at least one.  Doesn’t seem to be that much difference.  You have the gm in douglas wanting to draft a stud, so if icky is the best on his board, that may sway things.  And then you have douglas, the guy who wants to keep his job, which means having wilson develop quickly.  That also means getting a line that is healthy and reliable.  So yeah i think there’s a real chance becton is shopped.

The problem is there not gonna get much for him right now. Jd not the kinda gm to take those kinda losses.  Add to fact he was JD 1st pick ever and  has flashed elite level talent.  Even if the take ikem i wouldnt be surprised they go into camp with all 3 guys. ikem pick isnt just about becton. Fant wants a big contract as well. 

49 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They’re gonna pick Walker and it will be Becton over Wirfs all over again.

49 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They’re gonna pick Walker and it will be Becton over Wirfs all over again.

Maybe? I’m just kinda at the point where I want to see players go to teams where we’ll see them play the best that they can. For example, I bet Zach Wilson would be a lot of fun in San Francisco. I think Thibodeaux would be amazing on the Ravens. A guy like Travon Walker coming here and grinding for six years, getting his six sacks per season? Sounds fine!

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually most of the criticism has come from scouts or the media.  Who no one would say the majority are white.  

Agents?  lol

you didn't know that old white agents break down film and question players efforts?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Agents?  lol

you love to jump into things and you clearly don’t understand how they work, jetnut sack 

You are a Jet fan so I understand but  narratives like the garbage surrounding Thibs originates from nfl gms and agents, period 

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

The problem is there not gonna get much for him right now. Jd not the kinda gm to take those kinda losses.  Add to fact he was JD 1st pick ever and  has flashed elite level talent.  Even if the take ikem i wouldnt be surprised they go into camp with all 3 guys. ikem pick isnt just about becton. Fant wants a big contract as well. 

You know, i think he might.  And i can easily see the majority of the compensation coming in the 2023 draft.  Say douglas gets a first rounder next year for becton. They he can draft the OL saleh wants and get his edge rusher, and he’d have 2 firsts next year.  

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He had something like a 25% pass rush win rate which is exceptional.

Sacks may be the most overrated stat in the sport.

Pass rush win rate huh.....That's a nice little stat but some guys create "pressures" and other guys actually get sacks. Sacks kill drives and change games more than guys who get in the QBs general vicinity a second after he already threw a 10 yard completion.  

That is the same kinda stat that Leonard Williams supporters were saying while he played for the Jets. Meanwhile, he was never more than just a good player who should have been a 2nd rd pick. 

A top 5 pick edge rusher should have been more dominant that Thibs. JMO. 

8 hours ago, oatmeal said:

you love to jump into things and you clearly don’t understand how they work, jetnut sack 

You are a Jet fan so I understand but  narratives like the garbage surrounding Thibs originates from nfl gms and agents, period 

Yeah, clearly I'm not plugged into how racism works like you do.  Those mostly white guys are ruining Thibs, got it.  

Funny, you have no clue where and how I grew up.  Dont give me the nonsense about not knowing and jumping in.  Especially after trying to blame white GMs and agents.  Oh yeah and adding "period" as that makes it true

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Really interesting conversations about prospects on this podcast between Ben Solak and Danny Kelly. Solak is the epitome of the twitter-created draft dude, while Danny Kelly is more in line with the Joel Buchsbaum cynic prototype. 

They start by arguing Thibodeaux, with Solak saying that Thibodeaux was the projected #1 pick for the past two years but now he’s “dropping” and that’s just unfair, and Kelly pointing out that it’s internet draft dudes who projected him as the first pick and it’s only now that actual coaches and pro personnel people are involved where he’s quote-unquote “dropping.” 

Also an interesting discussion on why safeties and centers aren’t getting picked (and paid) as high as they should despite their obvious importance to winning football games. One of them brings up that the guys who get paid are the ones who play in space, which takes a special athlete, and Kelly brings up that the only guys who get paid now are the ones who directly impact the passing game because running the ball is gravy. 

Mostly a good listen:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ringer-nfl-draft-show/id1523722173?i=1000556504935

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha! Just heard the same thing on Spotify.

What do you think? Did this ease concerns… or validate them?

I dont have any concerns with KT. I think he is your typical Modern Day kid. His interest reflect that with stuff like the crypto.  It is what it is. 

what i did like about it was them talking about his coachability and his work ethic . 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He had something like a 25% pass rush win rate which is exceptional.

Sacks may be the most overrated stat in the sport.

If the win % turns into pressure’s I agree. 

What I like about thibs is he has real moves, uses his hands well. In the NFL you have to get the tackles hands off you or you aren’t going anywhere, I don’t care what your broad jump was. 

My concerns with him is he’ll be exhausting to coach. I see him missing practices frequently and being it’s an “always something” guy. Maybe I’m wrong and he has good talent, but underperforming at Oregon plus all of the rumblings would seem like a major headache for the Jets who don’t need headaches. And then half of the fanbase will be upset at other fans for caring that he’s missing practices and games.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

My concerns with him is he’ll be exhausting to coach. I see him missing practices frequently and being it’s an “always something” guy. Maybe I’m wrong and he has good talent, but underperforming at Oregon plus all of the rumblings would seem like a major headache for the Jets who don’t need headaches. And then half of the fanbase will be upset at other fans for caring that he’s missing practices and games.

Gonna draft him at four to play on a bad team in a system that he doesn’t even fit into, with a hands-off coaching staff that inspires nobody. I still want someone to explain to me how Thibodeaux plays in the 4-3, especially if they think Lawson is coming back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

crystal ball cmt GIF by The Ed Bassmaster Show