My thoughts as a Yankees fan on Aaron Fing Judge...

NIGHT STALKER

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Elite Pro Athlete Attempts to Maximize Earnings…..more at 11 

Yeah

I have no problems with Judge getting his max value, I have no problems with anyone doing that.   Long term, giving a 30 year old a 10 year contract is going to bite you in the a$$. 

5 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Omg this was really a thread? LOL

So, you're the type of person that relishes going back to a post when it's obvious (in this case) that Judge is playing out of his ass and no one knew he'd be having the year he's having at the time.jerk middle finger GIF by BJ The Chicago Kid

10 hours ago, chirorob said:

Yeah

I have no problems with Judge getting his max value, I have no problems with anyone doing that.   Long term, giving a 30 year old a 10 year contract is going to bite you in the a$$. 

It really is which is why they should have been on the other side of the curve. Hicks got a long term deal, so did Sevy. Hell Cashman paid Ellsbury.  They have no choice but to pay Judge. He is winning the MVP right now by a wide margin.

• Upvote 3

On 6/9/2022 at 9:40 AM, chirorob said:

I'd give him 35 or 40 a year, for 5 years, not 10.

If you're Judge's agent, are you really going to accept that when you know you've got the Yankees over a barrel?  If this keeps up, he can demand whatever he wants and the Yanks are in a very tough position.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you're Judge's agent, are you really going to accept that when you know you've got the Yankees over a barrel?  If this keeps up, he can demand whatever he wants and the Yanks are in a very tough position.

No way Judge takes that deal now.   2 years ago Cash offers it, and it's a done deal.

He has mis handled this very badly.   Judge is probably getting at least 8 years, 300 million.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

So, you're the type of person that relishes going back to a post when it's obvious (in this case) that Judge is playing out of his ass and no one knew he'd be having the year he's having at the time.jerk middle finger GIF by BJ The Chicago Kid

Aw, poor baby. Just own up to making a sh*tty thread, like many of us do day in and day out on this board, and take your lashing.

For the record, I was and still am 100% in favor of the Yankees doing whatever it takes to retain Judge.  Give him equity.

49 minutes ago, chirorob said:

No way Judge takes that deal now.   2 years ago Cash offers it, and it's a done deal.

He has mis handled this very badly.   Judge is probably getting at least 8 years, 300 million.

I think he's going to get something like 10 years for $400M.  Sure, teams will want to give him 5-6 years and probably hope "maybe he'll take 8 years?"  But I'm sure his agent is going to push even further and demand 10 years.  And someone will give it to him (maybe the Yanks?  Dodgers?  Mets?)

On 6/29/2022 at 4:43 PM, NIGHT STALKER said:

I mean, I think it’s safe to say Judge knew. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Roger Maris and Judge are tied at 36 homers for July 21st, Judge is going to have a hard time keeping up because on July 25 1961 the Yanks and White Sox played a Twi Night er and Maris hit 2 homers in each game reaching 40.

• Upvote 1

So on my previous post I said that it was going to be really hard for judge to keep pace with Maris because of that 4 HR double-header against the White Sox. Maris didn't hit his 41st until August 4th against Camilio Pasqual. The other names on the HRs in a season mark are Ruth, Maris and 3 guys that did it during the Steroids Era, and I don't think they should really count and if there ever WAS a need for an *Asterisk* next to players' names... 

Most HR in a season, MLB history:

2001 *Barry Bonds: 73*
1998 *Mark McGwire: 70*
1998 *Sammy Sosa: 66*
1999 *Mark McGwire: 65*
2001 *Sammy Sosa: 64*
1999 *Sammy Sosa: 63*
1961 Roger Maris: 61
1927 Babe Ruth: 60