Bills eyeing Christian McCaffrey

I saw this report Buffalo is interested in him. The Jets are sitting at 4 and the Panthers are sitting at 6. I wouldn't mind the Jets swapping with the Panthers as part of a deal to land Christian McCaffrey. Not sure what it would take, but he seems like the perfect safety net for Zach Wilson. I know McCaffrey has red flags when it comes to staying healthy, but he's white chocolate Deebo when he's healthy. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I could see this being the end result of Douglas wanting to trade for a receiver, failing, and seeing McCaffrey as his last best option.

Trading for McCaffrey would be equal to Joe Douglas betting the future of the Jets in a craps game.  Rolling the dice in the hopes that McCaffrey doesn't get injured.  No thank you.  I used to play craps, but I prefer to hold onto my money.  Hard pass.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It's bizarre to me how the Bills treat Devin Singletary.  It's like every year since drafting him, they want desperately to replace him or prefer a different option but yet, Singletary just balls.  I dont get it.  Dude averages 4.7 ypc and he is an incredible receiver out of the backfield.  Especially after this season, they went on that weird stretch where their offense sucked and his touches were single digits.  As soon as they started getting him involved in the offense, they took off! 

Maybe they're trying to get him help because he's still only 5'7" and RBs don't have the greatest "shelf life".

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It's bizarre to me how the Bills treat Devin Singletary.  It's like every year since drafting him, they want desperately to replace him or prefer a different option but yet, Singletary just balls.  I dont get it.  Dude averages 4.7 ypc and he is an incredible receiver out of the backfield.  Especially after this season, they went on that weird stretch where their offense sucked and his touches were single digits.  As soon as they started getting him involved in the offense, they took off! 

yup. he is on on of my dynasty league teams and was extremely frustrating to try to figure out WTF they were doing with him I thought for sure as a second flex player he would have been much better but the Bills gonna Bills

45 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I saw this report Buffalo is interested in him. The Jets are sitting at 4 and the Panthers are sitting at 6. I wouldn't mind the Jets swapping with the Panthers as part of a deal to land Christian McCaffrey. Not sure what it would take, but he seems like the perfect safety net for Zach Wilson. I know McCaffrey has red flags when it comes to staying healthy, but he's white chocolate Deebo when he's healthy. 

I think it's more likely if the Panthers are looking to trade CMC, it's because the want to add draft picks rather than to move up 2 spots (especially in this draft).

• Upvote 1

I don't see Douglas making a move for an always-injured running back who makes bank. 

The position is best addressed with mid round (no early than round 2) draft picks. 

You want a hotshot running back? Draft Kenneth Walker III from MSU in round 2. Profit. 

• Upvote 1

Why would the Jets acquire a oft injured running back when they have a Carter who has same skills as CMC and a bright future if he stays healthy. We know CMC is fragile can’t say the same about Carter based on one year. Draft Allegier or Hall in the second or third round to round out the running back corps 

• Upvote 1

I recently rewatched the game vs the Panthers from last year.

CMC touched the ball on like 25 of their first 30 plays.  

It's no wonder he breaks down.  He needs to be treated like a show car.  10-15 touches a game and he'll still produce almost 100 all-purpose yards. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It's no wonder he breaks down.  He needs to be treated like a show car.  10-15 touches a game and he'll still produce almost 100 all-purpose yards. 

Yes, McCaffrey needs to basically be on a pitch count.  Sucks to have to do it, but it's the nature of his size and the position he plays.

Not a fit for the Jets right now - but for the Bills, between adding Von Miller (who will also likely be on a pitch count during the regular season) and McCaffrey doing the same - but letting them both rip in the playoffs - it's probably and very smart move.

34 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

2018, he had 326 total touches

2019 over 400 total touches

Now, he's always hurt and has played 10 games in 2 years.  I mean, he's 25, he could have good  years left, he also gives Carolina a 25 million dollar dead cap hit this year if he is moved. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

They were already unstoppable without CMC. If they get him and he actually plays they could be one of the best offenses we’ve ever seen 

Complementing their passing attack with a legit rushing attack would be game over, no question. 

But I just think going after big name running backs in the NFL is foolhardy. They don't last long enough and are too easily replaceable to warrant bit guaranteed money. IMO, you want your running backs on rookie deals. Draft a really good one every few years in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Complementing their passing attack with a legit rushing attack would be game over, no question. 

But I just think going after big name running backs in the NFL is foolhardy. They don't last long enough and are too easily replaceable to warrant bit guaranteed money. IMO, you want your running backs on rookie deals. Draft a really good one every few years in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

I 100% agree with you and think the Jets going after him would be foolish. One of the only teams it actually makes sense tho to do it is Buffalo who is on the cusp of a Super Bowl

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I 100% agree with you and think the Jets going after him would be foolish. One of the only teams it actually makes sense tho to do it is Buffalo who is on the cusp of a Super Bowl

Foolish depends on what the Jets would have to give up in a trade for Christian McCaffrey.

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Foolish depends on what the Jets would have to give up in a trade for Christian McCaffrey.

You’re right, but at the same time just taking on that salary alone could be a tough pill to swallow for the Jets

• Upvote 1