Zach Wilson’s short passes rating (Weeks 15-18)

Bronx

39 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You say this, yet you also say that we shouldn't expect him to carry over his level of play from the end of last season which, by at least one measure, had him playing at a top-5 level.

You even expect him to struggle at the start of next season, which would be an active regression especially when you consider that he should have a better OL, better weapons, a better understanding of the playbook, plus an OC with a year of experience. 

Now, expecting him to come out immediately as a top-5 QB is foolish, but finishing as a top-15, for a QB of his supposed talent and draft slot, is not only reasonable, but should be the bare minimum expectation. 

Look, he was top 5 in passes that went 0-9 yards.  Which is what got this whole thing started.  He was efficient in the short game when he had no one capable of getting open downfield - and had to be schemed open.

He's going to have to push the ball downfield and score more points.  He's going to make mistakes as he gets more prolific.   If you tell me you want him to be a top 10 QB in passes 0-9 yards, sure.  I have no problem with that assessment.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, he was top 5 in passes that went 0-9 yards.  Which is what got this whole thing started.  He was efficient in the short game when he had no one capable of getting open downfield - and had to be schemed open.

He's going to have to push the ball downfield and score more points.  He's going to make mistakes as he gets more prolific.   If you tell me you want him to be a top 10 QB in passes 0-9 yards, sure.  I have no problem with that assessment.

I never said top 10 QB in anything. Just top-15. I think that's pretty reasonable, assuming he can build off what he showed us those last few weeks.

Anything less would be a regression, imo -- no matter how he ends the season, because then we're just looking at Sam Darnold part deux when he showed just enough at the end of year 2 to give some false hope that year 3 was the magic year,

Spoiler alert:

It wasn't.

8 hours ago, Grandy said:

Still don't know why so many think he was the worst in the NFL. He sucked, but was not the worst. Not even the worst rookie QB.

what im looking at there is suck if some call it the worst its really hard to argue at this point in time. Plenty of other stats beyond total TD's and Turnovers.