** Las Vegas Draft attendees Thread ** (Info, tips, meetups, etc.)

As suggested in the Draft thread on the main forum, I'm starting this thread to help those of us who will be in Vegas to connect with other Jets fans and maybe coordinate a potential meetup in Vegas around the Draft.

The two main areas for Draft activities seem to be the Fountains at the Bellagio where players will be introduced during a Red Carpet event and the NFL Draft Experience which looks to be a larger fan-oriented event in the big parking lot behind Harrah's and The LINQ.  This is where they're setting up the Draft Theater and Main Stage where I believe the picks will be announced.

For those who might be interested in saying hello to fellow JN weirdos, grabbing an adult beverage and cursing the Draft history of this team in-person rather than on a message board, we can use this thread to identify some times/places to connect. (I have it on high authority that there is NOTHING you can do in Vegas that will result in a banning here at JN. ? )

Not sure if I'm the only one dumb nice enough to bring the wife on this trip (she's an Eagles fan ? ) but we'll be arriving around 12PM on Thursday which is a little late.  The earliest I can probably meet up will be about 2:30 or 3PM on Thursday.  Remember that the Draft starts at 5PM local time.

Here's the most recent schedule I've found for Thursday....

The tentative schedule for the 2022 NFL Draft has been released.

On Thursday, April 28, the following events will take place:

-- NFL Draft Experience – Noon to 9:30 PM PT (NFL Draft Event Site)

-- Live from the NFL Red Carpet – 2:15 PM to 3:30 PM PT (Bellagio)

-- NFL Draft from the Main Stage – 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM PT

-- Headliner Concert Performance – 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM PT

image.thumb.png.9d1d45905bfb4b8d0c2f8de4fcfd25c6.png

I'm sure everyone who will be there has some of their own plans or agendas but finding a time/place to meetup on Thursday afternoon could be fun.  It sounds like @Maxman will be an early arriver so maybe if you (or anyone else) finds a decent spot either at a bar on The Strip in the area of the Draft or at the Draft Experience site itself maybe just drop that in this thread.  Basically, just put out the Bat signal and you might attract a few wayward Jets fans. ?

You going?  Drop a reply here.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

For those who might be interested in saying hello to fellow JN weirdos, grabbing an adult beverage and cursing the Draft history of this team in-person rather than on a message board, we can use this thread to identify some times/places to connect. (I have it on high authority that there is NOTHING you can do in Vegas that will result in a banning here at JN. ? )

Confirmed. You can not be banned for anything you do in Vegas. Unless you log on to the forums and do something on the site that gets you banned lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Confirmed. You can not be banned for anything you do in Vegas. Unless you log on to the forums and do something on the site that gets you banned lol.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!  (Except for crappy Draft picks.  Apparently the Jets are taking them back to NY with them.)

just an FYI. If you are wanting to place bets on the draft while in Vegas, you have to do it the day before. 

Nevada gaming regulations prohibit taking bets on the draft on the day of.  So get your bets in early or bet while you’re still in NY/NJ.  

(Edit - actually the bets need to be taken down 24 hrs before the start - so you need to place your bets in Vegas by 5:00 p.m. (PT) Weds night.)

I’ll be there Tuesday-Sunday. Staying at Nobu at Ceasers.
Anyone get inner circle tix? I’ll be in there day 1 and 2.

There will be lots of fan parties.

Thursday night I will be at the Buccaholics party, all fans of all teams are welcome. 

Friday night is the Elite Super Fans party at the golden nugget, might swing by that, not sure yet. 

I’ll be posting on Instagram @tailgatejoe any parties I’ll be heading to so follow me there. 

CE53EADA-7760-4EC8-BF1C-0A0E7C45BC32.png

• Upvote 1

Just got my credentials today for the first round and the Jets have been just terrific to deal with throughout the process.

My wife and I will be staying at the Aria.  We will be flying out on JetBlue tomorrow morning, maybe I’ll see you out there!

Mike

https://i.imgur.com/uaLuMzv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8LCU3S1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aXXUrjF.jpg 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mphtrilogy said:

Just got my credentials today for the first round and the Jets have been just terrific to deal with throughout the process.

My wife and I will be staying at the Aria.  We will be flying out on JetBlue tomorrow morning, maybe I’ll see you out there!

Mike

https://i.imgur.com/uaLuMzv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8LCU3S1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aXXUrjF.jpg 

That’s cool! I hadn’t heard of this service, looks like a separate company but it’s the jets you did it through? Any details about it you care to share? Does it get you in the inner circle?

If you see me down there tap my shoulder to say hi, I’ll be in a #2 green jersey with TAILGATEJOE on the back, and some wild hair. 

Safe travels everyone.  Wife and I are flying out Thursday morning (1 hour flight from Phoenix).  Planning to grab a late steak lunch at Mon Ami Gabi on the terrace at Paris and then head towards the NFL Draft stage by about 3PM.

Let’s keep in touch thru this thread.  I’ll be checking it when I get to the Strip and looking forward to running into some of you bozos.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, joebabyny said:

That’s cool! I hadn’t heard of this service, looks like a separate company but it’s the jets you did it through? Any details about it you care to share? Does it get you in the inner circle?

If you see me down there tap my shoulder to say hi, I’ll be in a #2 green jersey with TAILGATEJOE on the back, and some wild hair. 

This was all done through the Jets, I won the Jets grand prize Vegas Draft trip in the email newsletter.  All the plans were done through the Jets so it was great!

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Safe travels everyone.  Wife and I are flying out Thursday morning (1 hour flight from Phoenix).  Planning to grab a late steak lunch at Mon Ami Gabi on the terrace at Paris and then head towards the NFL Draft stage by about 3PM.

Let’s keep in touch thru this thread.  I’ll be checking it when I get to the Strip and looking forward to running into some of you bozos.

I am flying out soon. See you there!

• Upvote 1

Holy crap this first round was so much fun!  The energy near the stage was phenomenal… I was seated across the aisle from the Vikings and packers fans it was a blast.  

this draft needs to be in Vegas every other year, a great place to host the draft.

things have changed quite a bit since my last draft in 1996!

• Upvote 1