Racism & Sexism Rampant in the NFL | F**K You NFL Owners & Brett Favre!

8 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

If someone disagrees they are racist and sexist? Huh.  I actually can't wait to see how long they let this stay up on here, actually. 

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Nothing quite like starting off a thread with the tried and true "if you disagree, you're a homophobic nazi chauvinist" angle. 

If this thread gets past 1 page I will be shocked. 

The Walking Dead Easy Peasy GIF

• Haha 2

My girlfriend and I were talking earlier about what to do for dinner. At first it was nachos and then went to chicken/veg/mashed potatoes. Someone will be culturally appropriated somewhere because of this. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I don't want to dumb myself down watching this video.  Someone just let me know if this thread needs to be locked please.

Why does it need to be locked? I'm trying to have an honest dialogue about racism in the NFL.  I'm not doing anything wrong. Why don't you watch it for yourself and decide.

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Nothing quite like starting off a thread with the tried and true "if you disagree, you're a homophobic nazi chauvinist" angle. 

If this thread gets past 1 page I will be shocked. 

I've never said that any point in the video or in this chat or message board once.

Just now, DoomProphet said:

I'm trying to have an honest dialogue about racism in the NFL.

You should know that won't fly on Jet Nation, just as it won't fly on about 99.9% of places on the internet.

There are strict rules here to avoid this sort of thing.

I almost never get involved in these discussions.  Two points here.  If NFL owners/brass objected to CK's protests, it may not be because those individuals are not in line with social justice.  Imagine if any of us that work a regular job showed up to work one day and we started distributing political pamphlets to other employees.  Even if the company's management/ownership agreed with the content of the pamphlets, they would none the less be horrified that we were going to turn their workplace into a conflagration.  Such would not be good for anyone that works for the company, or the company's bottom line.  Anyone who tried to introduce that into the workplace would be fired regardless of the content.

Next.  I'm not exactly sure if CK was protesting abuse of police power or if he was saying that the police were targeting a specific group.  From what I could see, it appeared through the medial that he was suggesting that the police are targeting a specific group.  

There is unquestionably, still racism and injustice.  Such leads to the disadvantaged group(s) committing more crime.  We also know that in every profession/occupation, there is good work being done and bad work.  That goes for the police too.  Mostly good work is done, but unfortunately, there is also bad police work.

If members of the disadvantaged group(s) commit crime at a greater rate due to the effects of systemic  racism/injustice there is a much greater chance that they will be the unfortunate victim of bad police work.

So... If the statement is that we have systemic racism, I believe it to be a true declaration.  Though, statistics suggest that the police as an institution is not the primary impetus for systemic racism.  Unfortunately, the police deal with the ugly ends of societal issues regularly.  The disadvantaged groups appear to be specific targets of the police due to the numbers.  A more balanced/accurate explanation is that they are more often that other groups, the fortuitous victims of bad police work due to percentages of crime being committed by the disadvantaged group(s). 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

This ****er needs to called out too for his crimes vs women.

Can you edit this again please? I know what you're trying to say, but with the curse filter it certainly almost looks worse than what you intended. 

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You should know that won't fly on Jet Nation, just as it won't fly on about 99.9% of places on the internet.

There are strict rules here to avoid this sort of thing.

Why because we can't any honest dialogues in 2022, because too many get their feelings hurt?

10 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

My girlfriend and I were talking earlier about what to do for dinner. At first it was nachos and then went to chicken/veg/mashed potatoes. Someone will be culturally appropriated somewhere because of this. 

This doesnt even make sense.