Matt Maiocco: 49ers “would consider any legitimate offer” for Deebo Samuel

20 minutes ago, slats said:

Gotta see if they can get Deebo to agree to an extension here, first. He’s got a pretty extensive injury history, already, though. That’s probably the biggest concern. If I were paying him $25M/year, I’d probably have him rush the football a little less frequently. 

Those negotiations have to be complicated. What he does with the ball in his hands is a huge part of why he’s special, but obviously you want him to stay healthy. Maybe high AAV  but less guarantees to protect the team is a win win if he’s okay betting on himself.

EDIT: As it turns out, most of these big WR deals are two years or less fully guaranteed. So that works.

• Upvote 1

There has been no indication the 49ers are openly shopping Samuel in a trade. But coach Kyle Shanahan said it himself a year ago: Nobody on the team is off-limits for trade discussions. He and Lynch would consider any legitimate offer.”

ffs do these writers have any pride 

?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

There has been no indication the 49ers are openly shopping Samuel in a trade. But coach Kyle Shanahan said it himself a year ago: Nobody on the team is off-limits for trade discussions. He and Lynch would consider any legitimate offer.”

ffs do these writers have any pride 

?

Followed by...

'Consider the source here. NFL teams use the media to get their message out there all the time, and it’s no secret that Matt is very tight with the 49ers. Very. Tight. While it may be true that the Niners haven’t publicly put Deebo Samuel on the trading block, Matt Maiocco kind of just did.'

I understand people have to start somewhere  but this guy is Manish level. 

• Upvote 1

‘Consider the source here. NFL teams use the media to get their message out there all the time, and it’s no secret that Matt is verytight with the 49ers. Very. Tight. While it may be true that the Niners haven’t publicly put Deebo Samuel on the trading block, Matt Maiocco kind of just did.’

-he’s been covering the 49ers for 30yrs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

My feeling, as well. 

I like Deebo, but I worry about his durability and also just think DK has a higher ceiling. 

I also prefer AJ Brown. 

The injury risk is too high with AJ Brown and the production too inconsistent.  He has a chronic knee issue and has missed 3-5 games  every season. Plus, he has never had more than 70 catches or 1075 yards.  Most importantly, he has sporadic big games filtered among games with little to no impact.  He has less than 50 yards in a majority of his games.  Add all that together and I say let the Titans pay him.  People on this board will rake JD over the coals when he pays top dollar in salary and draft capital for a receiver who is chronically injured and unproductive over 50% of the time

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

My feeling, as well. 

I like Deebo, but I worry about his durability and also just think DK has a higher ceiling. 

I also prefer AJ Brown. 

And they are all better than Amari Cooper but I’d have done the deal to bring him in on his old contract.  The entire team will all greatly improve from a true WR1.

I believe in the potential of the current WRs but I hate the risk of hoping they reach their potential 

• Upvote 1