Two interesting quotes from Thibodeaux...

3 hours ago, Morrissey said:

who in this draft doesn't have a hole? this is not a draft with top end blue chip prospects in it...

I think this guy has a bunch of red flags.  Red flags that other more successful organizations can handle better than our team can at this point in time.  He could turn out to be very good or even a complete bust.  But leaving the combine early, some of his comments and actions are things that dont necessarily fit with what they are trying to build here.  He could become a disruption and a headache.  And after watching some of his games, i wasnt in love with this guy.  

• Upvote 2

"Just keep honing in on the craft, if you keep using the same knife a thousand times, it's going to get dull.  You have to continue to sharpen the knife.  So for me, I'm just sharpening my tools to continue to get better and use them it the game" - Kayvon Thibodeaux

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

"Just keep honing in on the craft, if you keep using the same knife a thousand times, it's going to get dull.  You have to continue to sharpen the knife.  So for me, I'm just sharpening my tools to continue to get better and use them it the game" - Kayvon Thibodeaux

Straight up like this kid more every time he talks. How many times do we see cerebral guys excel because they just get it, this kid just gets it.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Yeah, because knowing what you are doing and recognizing when you aren't doing it right while understanding the way to do it correctly without being told is just embarrassing.  We need Coaches to be IN YOUR FACE SCREAMING for them to be effective, right?  Not just there to work on technique or assist in a person honing their craft. 

30 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

If you draft him at 4, they need to spend a fifth on a copy editor

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

“Chess is life and chess is football. You talk about doing your first move, and your first move is going to set up your second move, then your third move ahead,” he said. “When you talk about pass rush, I’m going to hit you with speed first. I always hit you with speed, speed, speed. That’s going to set up my power moves, and then my power moves are going to set up my counter.” – Kayvon Thibodeaux

And then there is this...

"There's nothing a coach could tell me that I don't already know." - Kayvon Thibodeaux

I'm just glad I'm not making the decision to take or pass on this guy.

Link? ? wink ? Dink? blink? fink? klink? mink? Pink? stink? 

If you guys are interested listen to this podcast..

It's interesting to get this guys perspective on Thib - and he even addresses both of these quotes...

Play Like a Jet Podcast

575165463_ScreenShot2022-04-13at4_30_04PM.png.bde6ea7502f5ca83edf036ad179a48a0.png

Scott Mason chats with former University of Oregon WR and Talkin' Ducks host Jordan Kent to get a better understanding of what Oregon EDGE rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux is really like!
We go beyond the film on Thibodeaux as Jordan talks about the recruiting process that led the EDGE rusher to Oregon, his relationship with teammates and coaches, what's true about the media narratives and what's false, whether effort and lack of development is a major problem, personal takeaways from 3 years of covering and interviewing Thibodeaux, whether he'd be a good fit in NY with the Jets, and more!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, PepPep said:

Yeah, sounds like one of those guys who does something wrong, the coach comes up and tries to explain to him 'hey you need to watch the guard'....then KT cuts him off and says 'I got it!'. The definition of not coachable, lol. Thinks he knows everything and keeps making the same mistake. Bad look for KT on this quote. Ooof, as much as I want him to slide to Jets because he's one of the top talents, I just as much wish he goes top 3 so the Jets don't even have to think about it and go with Sauce or JJ or trade down.   

Isn’t it like all the WRs that feel they are open every play. I guess they are all worthless too.

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Straight up like this kid more every time he talks. How many times do we see cerebral guys excel because they just get it, this kid just gets it.  

Disagree. Kid thinks he knows everything but doesn’t know crap. How many of us knew everything there is too know about each of our chosen professions when we got our first jobs (and that what playing professional football is it’s a job). We all say that “ they gotta coach em up” but how are you going to “coach em up” if the player thinks he knows better and won’t listen to the coaches. He’s Not for me. Let him be someone’s else’s headache 

19 hours ago, Jetpain said:

May turn out to be a good pass rusher, but too risky for us.  He's got a..hole written all over him.......PASS

Not to be that guy..but I think it’s about time this time find themselves a few a-holes! Whatever we’ve been doing as long as we have hasn’t produced results.

I don’t care if you’re an a-hole if you’re getting to the QB all year

8 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Isn’t it like all the WRs that feel they are open every play. I guess they are all worthless too.

None are worthless. And I'm not saying KT is worthless. Just 'uncoachable'. And that can be ok if you are an elite, dominant NFL talent. I'm sure Myles Garrett has a certain level of 'uncoachability' (I'm just talking out of my a** here, he might not be) but my point is, its fine if the player is REALLY, REALLY good. But if he's not, and I'm not sure KT is there yet, then you DO need coaching and you DO need to have a mentality where you are open to learning. 

But yeah, if a WR is talented and clearly not getting open because they haven;t developed their route running skills but act like its everyone elses fault and refuses to focus on becoming a better route runner- he will probably end up cut or traded. 

I cant wait for the over analyzation of ever word Thibs has uttered is over with.  

None of this has a thing to do with how he'll play and his history isnt of a problem for CSs to deal with.

If the Jets are OK with his personality and believe he can play in their system and hes available, hes probably the pick.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

Not to be that guy..but I think it’s about time this time find themselves a few a-holes! Whatever we’ve been doing as long as we have hasn’t produced results.

I don’t care if you’re an a-hole if you’re getting to the QB all year

While I agree about the results part, this is the OPPOSITE of what this regime wants in the locker room. They are changing the culture and even if they like KT, I think the more they hear stuff like this, the more its going to scare them away. They are looking for leaders, guys that buy in- team players, guys that are all effort, low character issues, etc., etc. KT has some of that but not a lot. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

If the Jets are OK with his personality

Thats going to be interesting. The Jets are big on re-building the culture. WILL the be ok with his personality? Will they think he is uncoachable or just confident? I guess we will see. I've said months ago that Neal, Hutch, and Thib. will go top 3 (in no particular order). And now that we are 2 weeks away, I still think it will end up going down that way. So this might be a moot point and Sauce, Ekwonu, JJ or Walker might be the pick.   

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What exactly makes him uncoachable?  

"There's nothing a coach could tell me that I don't already know." - Kayvon Thibodeaux

I'm literally just going by this quote, which is the topic of the thread. 

For all I know he could be very coachable. But when a player says there's nothing a coach can tell him that he doesn't already know- it makes him sound like, well, there's nothing a coach can tell him. Like, you know, it will be hard for a coach to get through to him, especially if KT disagrees. But I haven't actually heard anything like this from coaches, so it may mean nothing. Who knows?

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Thats going to be interesting. The Jets are big on re-building the culture. WILL the be ok with his personality? Will they think he is uncoachable or just confident? I guess we will see. I've said months ago that Neal, Hutch, and Thib. will go top 3 (in no particular order). And now that we are 2 weeks away, I still think it will end up going down that way. So this might be a moot point and Sauce, Ekwonu, JJ or Walker might be the pick.   

I remember the same things being said about others from Oregon, whats with that program?

Dont draft Herbert, hes not a leader, isnt into football, blah, blah, blah.

P Sewell, same thing

Now Thibs.  

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

You may very well be right. If that’s the case take sauce at 4 and then at 10 take Jermaine Johnson if he’s still there. Otherwise draft a WR.

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

"There's nothing a coach could tell me that I don't already know." - Kayvon Thibodeaux

I'm literally just going by this quote, which is the topic of the thread. 

For all I know he could be very coachable. But when a player says there's nothing a coach can tell him that he doesn't already know- it makes him sound like, well, there's nothing a coach can tell him. Like, you know, it will be hard for a coach to get through to him, especially if KT disagrees. But I haven't actually heard anything like this from coaches, so it may mean nothing. Who knows?

And again, how does that prove hes uncoachable?  How does that trump what his coaches have to say about him? 

As for the article, or podcast or better yet highlights from comments we cant even decide what it really means.  How can we when the quote above isnt even the entire quote and sounds completely different from what he actually said