F it take both KT and JJ….

I haven’t seen this said but I would take both…. KT at 4 and JJ at 10…. I would even say Karlaftis at 10 if JJ is gone….. draft wr , db or lb round 2, te round 3…. Only way we stand a chance in the AFC is getting the qb….. Rotation of KT , JJ and Lawson would be sick and insurance for Lawson.

JETS CARRYING WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION: KT QW JFM CL JJ

Thoughts?

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZachStepdad said:

I haven’t seen this said but I would take both…. KT at 4 and JJ at 10…. I would even say Karlaftis at 10 if JJ is gone….. draft wr , db or lb round 2, te round 3…. Only way we stand a chance in the AFC is getting the qb….. Rotation of KT , JJ and Lawson would be sick and insurance for Lawson. Thoughts?

Yeah that would be a pretty dumb allocation of resources with a 2nd-year QB who needs weapons to compete with said high-powered offenses. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

I haven’t seen this said but I would take both…. KT at 4 and JJ at 10…. I would even say Karlaftis at 10 if JJ is gone….. draft wr , db or lb round 2, te round 3…. Only way we stand a chance in the AFC is getting the qb….. Rotation of KT , JJ and Lawson would be sick and insurance for Lawson. Thoughts?

I'm not sure JJ will be around at 10 but I would love to snag him there. I'm on the record for wanting to snag him at 4 over KT. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Yeah that would be a pretty dumb allocation of resources with a 2nd-year QB who needs weapons to compete with said high-powered offenses. 

A lot of wrs in the draft and there’s no clear cut number one…… I would think about trading back from 10 and getting more picks and taking Karlaftis with it…. Load up on offense with the new extra picks

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

Yes and yes. Look at the AFC. Need to disrupt all those QBs.

No rookie WR alone is going to save Wilson this year.

• Upvote 3

Just now, ZachStepdad said:

A lot of wrs in the draft and there’s no clear cut number one…… I would think about trading back from 10 and getting more picks and taking Karlaftis with it…. Load up on offense with the new extra picks

I don't want to be the last dawg at the bowl with the top tier of WR's like 2020. 

WR's gone by #35 IMO:

London, Wilson, Williams, Dotson, Watson, Burks, Olave, Pickens....

If you don't trade back into the first (I want the Jets to do this with #35 and #69) You are looking at Skyy Moore, Alec Peirce, David Bell, etc. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

I agree we need to add offensive talent but we have two high second round picks. I imagine we will have the opportunity to trade back into the first if we want. It's also a deep TE class where we should be able to add some talent there in the 3rd/4th behind the two TE upgraded we already added this offseason.

• Upvote 1

I'd prefer KT and Sauce as the perfect scenario... but honestly this franchise is so desperately in need of an elite pass rush, I wouldn't even knock this. Lawson is cuttable next year and an elite pass rush will cover up a lot of defensive deficiencies

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

I don't want to be the last dawg at the bowl with the top tier of WR's like 2020. 

WR's gone by #35 IMO:

London, Wilson, Williams, Dotson, Watson, Burks, Olave, Pickens....

If you don't trade back into the first (I want the Jets to do this with #35 and #69) You are looking at Skyy Moore, Alec Peirce, David Bell, etc. 

Take what the draft gives you. This year it’s Edge guys and it’s definitely a need. I’ve wanted a number 1 WR for two decades, but it’s not in the cards this year. Build your WR depth, Uzomah and a running game can also help Wilson.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Don’t think your step son would be to thrilled

I think he is into both Mom and Zach. 

We should probably draft two edges but Bryce Huff has tons of potential (4 sacks). 

Screenshot_20220413-123803_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c42265dd20d60211a878526f8d3c812b.jpg

1- EDGE/WR

2- LB/Safety

3- RB/TE

Plug holes with the rest. 

2 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Take what the draft gives you. This year it’s Edge guys and it’s definitely a need. I’ve wanted a number 1 WR for two decades, but it’s not in the cards this year. Build your WR depth, Uzomah and a running game can also help Wilson.

I agree but I'm looking at edge with 4 or 10, not both.

If you go "double D" ? with both picks, Id rather get the Georgia DT to help Q and that poor run defense or Sauce paired with an Edge. 

We essentially are already bolstering the pass rush from last year with Lawson. So I think its silly to have 3 guys (2 1st round draft picks and 1 premium FA signing) allocated to one position coming into the year. If they double up on edge with a 2-4 round pick that's fine. 

As for WR, I'm just looking for a guy who can separate and make big plays. If that's Skyy Moore at 35 or 38 I'm good.

This WR unit, on paper, is one of the worst units in football. I'm optimistic that there is potential for breakouts, but id like to allocate a top pick to bolster the depth and and overall dynamic ability of this group.  

58 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

Only way we stand a chance in the AFC is getting the qb

IMO, that route is a route to constantly losing 31-6. 

You'll never have enough pass rush or Defense in this era to win consistently.

The way to win is via an Elite Offense that can match the other elite Offenses, with a "good enough" Defense.  

We've been a horrible Offense for ages, maybe it's time to try and win the way everyone else does these days, and not the way it was done in the 1970's?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

IMO, that route is a route to constantly losing 31-6. 

You'll never have enough pass rush or Defense in this era to win consistently.

The way to win is via an Elite Offense that can match the other elite Offenses, with a "good enough" Defense.  

Rams won the ring against the high powered offense of Cincinnati with their great defense…. Good enough defense gets you nothing especially now with the qb movement in the afc

This isn't as far out of an idea as some may think.  If I were the Jets, I have to look at Carl Lawson as an unknown.  They have no idea what if any production will come from him because of the injury.  Now we all think he will come back and be fine, but if he's not, we are in major trouble.  JFM needs to be the "#2" DE.  He plays best when he isn't the main focus of the protection.

You can never have enough pass rushers !!!!Old School Reaction GIF

29 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

Rams won the ring against the high powered offense of Cincinnati with their great defense…. Good enough defense gets you nothing especially now with the qb movement in the afc

Rams were a top 10 Offense, led by a (statistically) a top 5 QB in 2021.

Their Defense was "good enough", being ranked 15th in points allowed and 17th in yards allowed, but were very good at INT's (tied for 3th overall w/ 19) and takeaways in general (10th overall).  They were also good at sacks (3rd overall).

What this says is the you still need an elite O even if you have a very good D, but your D has to be good at two things, takeaways and sacks.  Yards and points allowed matter less in such a case.

But we looked at this in a thread a while back, most of the last dozen or so Super Bowl winners were top level Offenses and lesser Defenses (some D's were quite poorly rated).

With I believe one exception, all of them were "better" at Offense than Defense.  

Defense does not win titles.  Defense helps your Offense win titles.  But you don't win anything without a top-level Offense, generally.

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Lawson, 2022 1st rounder, Huff, JFM, Martin, and Co. should suffice. 

This.

Was gonna ask the OP "What about Lawson?"

Some folks have been against us drafting another OT (even with Becton's injury history), yet you want to use 2 high #1s on 2 Edge players? I don't know about that.

12 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

If you want to double up at edge, that's cool. But do it at 35 with Mafe or Bonitto. The WR we need to grab won't be around in the 2nd round.

I would take the 2 edges at the top like I mentioned if a WR is a must in the first trade back into the the teens or 20s and grab them

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Their Defense was "good enough", being ranked 15th in points allowed and 17th in yards allowed, but were very good at INT's (tied for 3th overall w/ 19) and takeaways in general (10th overall).  They were also good at sacks (3rd overall).

What this says is the you still need an elite O even if you have a very good D, but your D has to be good at two things, takeaways and sacks.  Yards and points allowed matter less in such a case.

But we looked at this in a thread a while back, most of the last dozen or so Super Bowl winners were top level Offenses and lesser Defenses (some D's were quite poorly rated).

With I believe one exception, all of them were "better" at Offense than Defense.  

Defense does not win titles.  Defense helps your Offense win titles.  But you don't win anything without a top-level Offense, generally.

A good D definitely needs to know when its time for a turnover.

Any halfway decent D also knows when it needs to dictate the pace.

I would also like to add that a D needs to be HARD in all phases of the game, even in timeout situations.

A hard D throughout the entirety of the game is an incredible sight to see.

D... that's the key... a good, hard D.