Who WILL Jets take at #4? Who SHOULD they take at #4?

100 members have voted

1. 1. I predict the Jets WILL draft the following player with the #4 pick in the 2022 NFL draft....... (select 1)

• Aidan Hutchinson Edge Michigan
    • Travon Walker Edge UGA
    • Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge Oregon
    • Jermaine Johnson II Edge Florida State
    • Ickey Ekwonu OL NC State
    • Charles Cross OL Mississippi State
    • Evan Neal OT Alabama
    • Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati
    • Derek Stingley Jr. CB LSU
    • Kyle Hamilton DB Notre Dame
    • Garrett Wilson WR Ohio State
    • Drake London WR USC
    • None of the Above
    • Jets will Trade Out of #4
  2. 2. Which of the following players SHOULD the Jets draft with the #4 pick in the 2022 NFL draft... (Select All That Apply)

• Aidan Hutchinson Edge Michigan
    • Travon Walker Edge UGA
    • Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge Oregon
    • Jermaine Johnson II Edge Florida State
    • Ickey Ekwonu OL NC State
    • Charles Cross OL Mississippi State
    • Evan Neal OT Alabama
    • Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati
    • Derek Stingley Jr. CB LSU
    • Kyle Hamilton DB Notre Dame
    • Garrett Wilson WR Ohio State
    • Drake London WR USC

WILL TAKE: Sauce. I think they love this kid more than any other prospect in the draft and regardless of need will take him at 4. Just a hunch. He also happens to be one of the cleanest and less likely to bust. 

SHOULD TAKE: Thib. I'm rolling dice on the Edge rusher with the highest upside/lowest floor. I know he may not say the best things in interviews. He may be a cocky SOB. I just think he will be a monster Edge rusher, even if he is a bit of a headcase, and it would be a shame to pass on someone like that.  

*BEST FIT: Walker. I look at this guy and he is the absolute best fit for this defense and what JD looks for in a prospect. If he wasn't so raw with questionable production he would be my predicted pick for the Jets.  

• Upvote 2

Will take: Walker.

if he’s there. I’m getting less confident in that as the draft approaches. I’m pretty confident that aside from Hutchinson this would be our top option.

If he’s gone then it’s probably Sauce or Thibs. I’d be happy with either. Outside shot at London which would legitimately make me cry.

Should take: Sauce or Thibs.

I think Stingley may be the better CB but the injuries are no bueno. 

I’d change my answer to Ekwonu if I felt we wanted to move on from Becton, which we may, it’s impossible to know for sure.

• Upvote 2

Thibs is getting so much flak lately. And Walker is getting hyped up like a Gholston clone. Makes me want the sure safe bet: Ekonwu, Neal, Sauce in no particular order.  Any of these 3 would be an upgrade, fill a need next year and a smart pick. So if any of these 3 were available, which would be possible (Jags - Hutch, Lions- Willis, Texans-Thibs) I’d have to go with Sauce based on the terrible performance of the secondary last year. It desperately needs to be upgraded. Either way, JD will adapt and fortify those needs as the draft unfolds. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, PepPep said:

WILL TAKE: Sauce. I think they love this kid more than any other prospect in the draft and regardless of need will take him at 4. Just a hunch. He also happens to be one of the cleanest and less likely to bust. 

SHOULD TAKE: Thib. I'm rolling dice on the Edge rusher with the highest upside/lowest floor. I know he may not say the best things in interviews. He may be a cocky SOB. I just think he will be a monster Edge rusher, even if he is a bit of a headcase, and it would be a shame to pass on someone like that.  

*BEST FIT: Walker. I look at this guy and he is the absolute best fit for this defense and what JD looks for in a prospect. If he wasn't so raw with questionable production he would be my predicted pick for the Jets.  

Thib is very good player , I see someone like J Clowney .     Worth the fourth pick but will  he ever be too sack guy?      Maybe why you want to do better at pass rush.

• WTF? 1

I Just think that the status of our two starting tackles in flux  next year we should take Neal or Icky especially if they are the two highest rated players on the board. Just not sold on taking any WRs (with the exception of Williams but staying away due to the injury) or DEs that high in this draft. My first choice for WR is Christian Watson followed closely by Doctson who I feel both can be had in second round 

Apparently over 40% of voters think Thibodeaux is going to fall to be available at #4, and not get picked 1/2/3 as he is projected almost everywhere I've seen and in every draft simulator.

I'll be honest, I'll be very surprised if that happens.  I think Thibs and Hutch are gone by the time the Jets pick, so we will only get the choice of the next tier group of Walker or Johnson II if we must take edge at #4 (which JD IMO is likely to do).

Personally, Hutch, Thibs, Walker, Sauce, all seem (from what I've read, and the opinions presented here at JN) like reasonable pciks at #4.  I'd avoid the Safety Hamilton, because he's a Safety more than anything else, and none of the WR's are really quite no-brainer enough to go at #4.

#10 tho, I will maintain, absolutely MUST be an offensive skill-weapon for Zach Wilson, specifically a WR.  We're going to suck if all we have rolling into 2022 is Davis/Moore/Berrios/Mims at that spot.  Something must change or Zach, and the Jets, will once again be a very poor offense IMO.  We need another Moore-like spark.  And I don't want to risk waiting till the third for a "we're smarter than everyone else, and thus guys is just as good as the 1st rounders" longshot pick. JMO, I appreciate others feel differently.

I don't see JD, O-line guy though he clearly is, taking another O-lineman that high this draft.  If he does, it likely spells the end of Becton in NY, which itself would make that draft class a massive failure by JD.

WILL TAKE I think the Jets might down a few spots out of 4 unless Travon Walker falls to 4 which I don't think he will. Sauce Gardener might be an outside possibility.

SHOULD TAKE : Travon Walker if he falls, if not Ickey Ekwonu or Evan Neal.

If the get an edge at 4, they may look to trade down from 10 and target Charles Cross.

I voted Walker for both only because of the way I see the draft falling to the Jets.  I personally think it goes Hutch, Thibs, Sauce.  I think the Jets go Walker and I think they should.  While I'm totally perplexed by the lack of production, he's a freak and I think he fits Saleh from a character/culture perspective.  I was going to put JJ as who he should take above him but I dont know, Walker seems a bit more right at #4 than JJ.  

Someone else used this phrase, but I think we will stay close to the line of scrimmage with both our Round 1 picks.....EDGE, OL, WR. I don't see DB....maybe a Devin Lloyd (since NO ONE has mentioned him to the Jets) .

I'm not against EDGE, but outside of Hutch, the potential "bust" factor is much larger than for the offensive side of the ball, much. 

On the other hand, perhaps all the attitude complaints about KT is the same as the inaccuracy scaremongers over Josh Allen: Utterly wrong. 

21 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Will take: Ickey Ekwonu. I think he’s been our guy since the combine.

Should take: Hutchinson or Sauce. The two cleanest prospects who also play premium positions and fit our scheme.

Love both Ickey and Sauce and would be VERY happy with either one.   If they take Ickey at 4, they can take Trent McDuffie at 10.

If they take Sauce at 4, they can take London at 10.

You had me till Walker. I think he will be a huge disappointment if he is taken that high.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

You had me till Walker. I think he will be a huge disappointment if he is taken that high.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Maybe. But my point is that he is a great fit, and I would not be at all surprised if the Jets take him. For better or worse, he WILL be taken early. No way Walker slides out of the top 15 for example. Someone will roll the dice on him.