Anyone else burnt out on the draft?

11 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Joey wasn’t dominant his freshman and jr seasons. Freshman he had 7.5 sacks and jr he had 5. His only true dominant season was as a sophomore with 13.5 which is .5 lower than hutch last year. Hutch also slimmed down this year. They had very similar combine numbers also. 

F9785BBE-56B6-4B77-8027-B68ACE39604F.png

B3BB7BAE-1FF2-42BD-B96E-6B8650C52B50.png

At least people talked about them.  I'd never even heard Hutchinson's name before this year because he was a total non-factor.

16 minutes ago, Origen said:

I just enjoy pissing off people who are convinced they know what they are talking about.  They don't.

It's almost impossible to not develop an opinion when reading so much about the draft for months on end.  Yet I also know that you're correct that I (like many) don't know anything.  That's the nature of the draft though.  The other hilarious thing is reading draft grades right after the draft ends.  How can anybody know even then?

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

everything about the Jets' marketing is pointed at the draft

JD says they are building through the draft, they accumulate all these picks... they miss out on the big trades

Buffalo by the way is the Vegas leader in SB Win odds. 

the pressure on this draft to be good is higher than any draft I can remember. 

The future of Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh is pretty much tied to nailing this draft and hoping Wilson makes a big leap. If those two things don't happen it's hard to imagine this regime pans out.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The future of Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh is pretty much tied to nailing this draft and hoping Wilson makes a big leap. If those two things don't happen it's hard to imagine this regime pans out.

Classic woody move would be to scapegoat jd and have a Saleh friend be the next gm 

This is a conversation for 2023 or 24 though 

To take a step back though, how low is this bar for JD? All the Jets need to be is competitive. 7 wins would be an amazing result. 

Think about this. Jd could have another losing season and that would be a success. Wild. 

It's not like woody is asking the world. Just take care of their biggest sponsor's nephew and not get embarrassed every week. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Origen said:

I just enjoy pissing off people who are convinced they know what they are talking about.  They don't.

You sure aren’t pissing me off. It’s easy to prove that you have no idea what you are talking about. “I’ve never even heard Hutchinson name before this season and he was a total non factor”  meanwhile he was projected to go late first by many people before deciding to stay at Michigan. https://www.si.com/college/michigan/.amp/football/michigan-football-wolverines-aidan-hutchinson-2021-nfl-draft-first-round-pick

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

You sure aren’t pissing me off. It’s easy to prove that you have no idea what you are talking about. “I’ve never even heard Hutchinson name before this season and he was a total non factor”  meanwhile he was projected to go late first by many people before deciding to stay at Michigan. https://www.si.com/college/michigan/.amp/football/michigan-football-wolverines-aidan-hutchinson-2021-nfl-draft-first-round-pick

Should I be impressed with those numbers listed?  4.5 sacks... Woohoo.  Great White Hype.  100%.

• Thumb Down 1

On 4/13/2022 at 6:10 PM, BurntDice said:

How in the world does Hutchinson have a high bust potential? He has production and tested very well. Supposed to have a very high work ethic on and off the field 

So we’ll put you down for “not burnt out”, @BurntDice?

Still waiting to hear from @Burnt Clutch, @burningfortress and @BreadSlicer on this one.  

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2022 at 6:28 PM, Beerfish said:

I'm a big draft fanatic but yes i am getting there.  Moreso this year because the jets finally have massive draft stock and the draft talent stinks.

Exactly.  My interest in this draft has been as low as it’s been in a long time.   Like you said, this should be an exciting draft for the Jets but it’s really about picking the lesser of evils.   It figures in a year where the Jets have a ton of great draft capital, the draft class is simply poor.   Feels more and more like 2013.   

• Upvote 2