Who is the #1 draft prospect you were most wrong about ever?

Recent, josh Allen shocked me. Even by the end of his second year, thought he had bust written all over him. I’m still convinced he would of flopped here and he was the player that made me realize that most of these prospects have the goods, but if the situation is bad, the player may never get to where they could. There are so many other factors involved but the team a player goes to wasnt all that high on my list. Thought if they were good, they could be good anywhere. Don’t think that anymore. The bills had the right staff and the right team around him to prop him up and keep his confidence high while he struggled and added the right pieces at the right time to allow him to reach his potential. I didn’t see it with him. 

On 4/14/2022 at 5:29 AM, T0mShane said:

Leinart and Deshaun Watson. I thought Leinart would be great and cool. I thought Watson’s arm was too weak for the Northeast. I also thought Rosen would be fun as the Jets QB. The majority of my other do-not-drafts were based on knowing that the Jets would have wasted those players, like Mahomes and Josh Allen. Both of those guys would be on the street had we drafted them. Similarly, Zach Wilson. 

This calls for desperate measures. 

Not so much a draft take, but as much as i love all this stuff, I also like laughing at some of the dumb sh*t I say.  So....I believe the exact quote from me to a Pats fan I was watching Jets/Pats with was:

"Hahaha...Mo Lewis just killed Drew Bledsoe.  You guys are f***ed.  Tom Brady? Who the f***k is that guy"?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I was the Steve McNair to your Jeff Fisher!

Truer words have never been spoken. Except I am like Jeff Fisher if Fisher won a lot.

Be careful though, she is still out there looking for you.

image.png

Well like I said those bad MFS in the trenches aren't easy to come by.

These days you can pick a wide receiver in any round and he can be great because the game has changed. It's more about attitude hence why Mims is in the dog house, and Braxton just got a new contract.

Obviously we need a good safety and a CB but I'd like to see another lineman on both sides of the ball. I think Jordan Davis is the DT that's a physical freak. I would love that guy on this team and the other guy Ikea the tackle that we all thought Beckton would have been?

So my two pics at 4/10 are OT & DT.

As far as an edge rusher I like the Greek dude Kalifakis or whatever his name is. He's a bad man.

We can even trade back up to get him at the bottom of the first or we can take him in the second..... We'll go from there.

I like my first three picks thus far~

On 4/14/2022 at 7:13 AM, Mackman55 said:

Josh Allen and Denzel Mims. 

Allen was just so inaccurate and played such weak opponents.  

Mims is a head scratcher. I still go back and watch his highlight reels and combine performance...how can he be SO BAD?

Alot of it is confidence I think. I also think (with no proof) that Mims wants to leave NY and will be pretty decent whenever he lands

14 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

A guy that I think doesn't get enough attention as a first round pick is Shawn Ellis.

The Big Kat~

Not saying he was a bad or a bust. Solid if unspectacular career  His play really didn’t warrant him being a first round pick. 

Doesn't have to be a Jets draft pick - a player you thought would be a bust who turned out to be great or a player you thought would be great who turned out to be a bust?
I'll straight up admit to thinking Trent Richardson would be the greatest RB in the NFL.  I also thought another Bama player, Keith McCants would be a Hall of Famer.  
Josh Rosen /thread

On 4/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, AFJF said:

Not so much a draft take, but as much as i love all this stuff, I also like laughing at some of the dumb sh*t I say.  So....I believe the exact quote from me to a Pats fan I was watching Jets/Pats with was:

"Hahaha...Mo Lewis just killed Drew Bledsoe.  You guys are f***ed.  Tom Brady? Who the f***k is that guy"?

the thing is that brady played pretty well in a big time programe.  i think one of his issues is that michigan was trying to groom henson and he just wasn't that good.  he should have gone higher and not just because of hindsight. and that year's draft was pretty strange.  chaddy was the first qb taken.  the next guy was taken in the second round.

NFL: Ryan Leaf (It's still hard to believe how bad he was in the NFL vs College in a pro-style offense).

Jets: Marvin Jones (I thought he would be our Lawrence Taylor. He was a good player but I thought he would be a HoFer coming out of FSU).