Jump to content

Geno Smith is re-signing with the Seahawks


Bronx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does this do anything to the calculus on the Seahawks either looking to Draft a QB or make a move for Baker Mayfield?

If anything I'd think it supports the idea of drafting someone who won't have to start immediately.  If they trade for Baker then that sets up an instant QB competition and circus which, while the entire NFL would love, wouldn't be a good situation for the Seahawks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Safe to say that DK is forcing his way out now

Geno actually played decent football last year. Whether he blossomed or not to become a starter is a different story. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

All the mocking of Geno that people have done and yet, he's still in the league while Sanchez and Darnold are not.

Darnold gets mocked just as much nowadays. The Sanchize maybe not as much. Maybe? There’s that butt fumble that comes up a lot. This site even had the down vote as a butt fumble for some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Does this do anything to the calculus on the Seahawks either looking to Draft a QB or make a move for Baker Mayfield?

If anything I'd think it supports the idea of drafting someone who won't have to start immediately.  If they trade for Baker then that sets up an instant QB competition and circus which, while the entire NFL would love, wouldn't be a good situation for the Seahawks.

Could this potentially be the first move before Metcalf trade?  Internal debate - pay DK, sign Baker and try and win.  Or

Trade DK for picks, load up on cap space, draft a QB,  have Geno take the beating in a tear down year -  while the rookie sits and learns - And start the rebuild.

Not saying it's what happened, but just thinking out loud...

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Geno played last year he was the exact Geno of years before.

Still throws a nice ball,

Moves the team and actually looks good.

Looks like an NFL caliber QB.

Then proceeds to make an absurd mistake at the worst time.

Has zero pocket awareness and takes awful awful game killing sacks at the worst time.

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

When Geno played last year he was the exact Geno of years before.

Still throws a nice ball,

Moves the team and actually looks good.

Looks like an NFL caliber QB.

Then proceeds to make an absurd mistake at the worst time.

Has zero pocket awareness and takes awful awful game killing sacks at the worst time.

 

 

Yes. Frustrating player. 

Probably better than Darnold or Sanchez though, IMO. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

All the mocking of Geno that people have done and yet, he's still in the league while Sanchez and Darnold are not.

Both Sanchez and Geno have been in the NFL for 8 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

All the mocking of Geno that people have done and yet, he's still in the league while Sanchez and Darnold are not.

I thought the word on Geno is he's substantially better in practice when there's no real pressure than in game where he's pressed into poor decisions. If true that makes him a good backup option. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

All the mocking of Geno that people have done and yet, he's still in the league while Sanchez and Darnold are not.

Um, Darnold is still the starter in Carolina, at least for two more weeks, lol.

And Sanchez was drafted in 2009, 4 years before Geno, and fell out of the NFL in 2018.  Geno, at the end of 2022, is right at the same point Sanchez would have dropped out.  

Both Darnold and Sanchez were full time starters for at least four years at the NFL level.  Geno was a full-time starter in the league for only two years, and was worse than both guys.

I'm happy for Geno, hopefully he gets a shot to start (Drew Locke, is he that much better?) 

No ill will towards him, he just wasn't a very good QB at all and we shouldn't have drafted him. 

His subpar talent is why he's never really sniffed a starting job in all these years since we dumped him.  But he has the best job in the world, make millions to hold a clipboard and throw some passes in practice.  A dream job.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...