Evan Silva mock draft

Larz

So over the last 5 years, the most accurate “mockers” have been

Brendan Donahue, Brian Philpot,  Matthew Jones and Evan Silva   

Jones has not released a mock that I can find.   Silva’s came out yesterday. 

https://establishtherun.com/silva-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0/

1. Jaguars – Georgia DE Travon Walker

2. Lions – Michigan DL Aidan Hutchinson

3. Texans – Oregon DL Kayvon Thibodeaux

4. Jets – Ohio State WR Garrett Wilson

GM Joe Douglas must continue to emphasize building Zach Wilson’s supporting cast. Often compared to Stefon Diggs, Wilson would bookend Corey Davis with Elijah Moore taking over in the slot.

5. Giants – Alabama OL Evan Neal

6. Panthers – NC State LT Ickey Ekwonu

7. Giants – Cincinnati CB Sauce Gardner

8. Falcons – Florida State EDGE Jermaine Johnson

9. Seahawks – Utah LB Devin Lloyd

10. Jets – Notre Dame S Kyle Hamilton
Even after a disappointing finish to the 2021 season and forty time allegedly run in the low 4.7s at Notre Dame’s Pro Day, Hamilton has remained a top-five player in NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah’s rankings. Jeremiah and Jets GM Joe Douglas are known to be tight — they came up together as Ravens scouts — and Gang Green is needy at safety after losing Marcus Maye to the Saints.

• Upvote 1

It is not bad at all. Fans will be fans. Hamilon is an absolute stud and by far the best player Notre Dame fielded this year. I get not loving him, but in reality, at 10 he is pretty safe. Might not be my picks but it all depends on how the picks roll out. 

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

It is not bad at all. Fans will be fans. Hamilon is an absolute stud and by far the best player Notre Dame fielded this year. I get not loving him, but in reality, at 10 he is pretty safe. Might not be my picks but it all depends on how the picks roll out. 

No he is not safe with 4.60 speed.  I watch the highlights of this guy gliding around the field and think, no way is he getting to passes and plays in the nfl like he is in college with qbs tossing up floaters.

Both picks would be terrible where they are imo.  Even Garrett at 4 is dubious imo.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No he is not safe with 4.60 speed.  I watch the highlights of this guy gliding around the field and think, no way is he getting to passes and plays in the nfl like he is in college with qbs tossing up floaters.

Both picks would be terrible where they are imo.  Even Garrett at 4 is dubious imo.

He dominates on the field, so that is all we have to judge on, other than overated combine/pro day hype. Speed is nice but game speed is what I watch. Time will tell. 

• Upvote 3

Don’t like the picks but aside from that it is very interesting seeing a scenario where top 3 DEs are taken by pick 4 and then Jermaine Johnson is gone by pick 10 leaving zero value for a Edge pick at that point. Jets would be screwed if it fell this way. Don’t think any combination of picks would be viewed as a home run. 

• Upvote 1