Greg Cosell evaluates the top Edge Rushers

Marshmello

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

You should listen to it because what he says about Thibs has a good chance of changing your mind on what you just wrote. 

He never said there was no film of Thibs going flat to reach the QB. In fact he said there was film on it, but few and far between. Says what teams do is look at that film and say "see, he did it there so maybe we can work with him to do it more often", essentially a projection. Didn't hear him say anything about going inside and being a DT. Did say he was impressed by his run defense.  

I put it on in the background while doing some work.  Around 8:45, he talks about Thibs moving inside like Clowney does and then literally says, he "could see Thibs moving inside on sub fronts and being even more successful."  Which is dumb. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Again, I don't know where the KT can't flatten narrative is coming from. I've seen it on film from him more often than I have from Hutch. 

Thibs has the most impressive film of all these guys, by far and the crazy part is, he has the most abundant film available.  I've watched some break down/cut ups where it's 20 minutes long and it's a different play, every time.  That's what's wild to me, he has 3 seasons worth of this, not just 1.  And again, you cant tell me KT cant get flat but you really think JJ translates.  I love JJ.  My ideal draft is Sauce/JJ (I think, I keep wavering) but he too struggle with bend...but I dont think it's an issue for either.  I think both can win in different ways right away next level.  Thibs with a blistering first step and JJ with power and effort.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Thibs has the most impressive film of all these guys, by far and the crazy part is, he has the most abundant film available.  I've watched some break down/cut ups where it's 20 minutes long and it's a different play, every time.  That's what's wild to me, he has 3 seasons worth of this, not just 1.  And again, you cant tell me KT cant get flat but you really think JJ translates.  I love JJ.  My ideal draft is Sauce/JJ (I think, I keep wavering) but he too struggle with bend...but I dont think it's an issue for either.  I think both can win in different ways right away next level.  Thibs with a blistering first step and JJ with power and effort.

Cossell, Jeremiah and Douzable claim Tibs can not bend the edge, his three cone time

is a conformation 7.23. A comp for a bad bender Clowney 7.27. The true edge benders

time 7.0 or below. Miller did 6.70. Travon Walker approx a tenth faster, 17 lbs heavier,

with 35 1/2'' arms coned 6.89

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I put it on in the background while doing some work.  Around 8:45, he talks about Thibs moving inside like Clowney does and then literally says, he "could see Thibs moving inside on sub fronts and being even more successful."  Which is dumb. 

I think the difference is that Thibodeaux is an arrogant kid who doesn’t care what anybody thinks of him and Jamal was an insecure douche who desperately and constantly needs everybody’s approval.

16 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Cossell, Jeremiah and Douzable claim Tibs can not bend the edge, his three cone time

is a conformation 7.23. A comp for a bad bender Clowney 7.27. The true edge benders

time 7.0 or below. Miller did 6.70. Travon Walker approx a tenth faster, 17 lbs heavier,

with 35 1/2'' arms coned 6.89

Cool.  You'd probably notice that I recognized he doesnt bend well but he can, he just dont have the freak tilt which is fine, he'll be able to win with his first step.  

On 4/15/2022 at 7:29 AM, jetlaw said:

To me Cosell is the best talent evaluator in the media. His breakdown of Darnold per draft was scary how accurate it was. I’m starting to lean more toward Jermaine Johnson at 4 as the draft gets closer. He has the best combination of tape, production, measurable and character of the edge group outside of Hutch.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah he’s the best.  Watches more film than anyone.  I look forward to listening to all of his position evaluations.

47 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Yeah he’s the best.  Watches more film than anyone.  I look forward to listening to all of his position evaluations.

I love Cosell. I m willing to bet Dane bugler watches more film than anyone.