Jets Luck

This is a deep draft with a lot of good talent, but the combination of no top end QB prospects and really no elite can't miss prospects at all would totally happen when the Jets had 2 top 10 picks. In this draft, the difference between the prospects taken at 4 and 10 and the prospects taken at 14 and 20 or 24 and 30 are really marginal.

Carry on.

• Upvote 3

How Jet fans are going to handle the tremendous success that is coming will be very interesting.  How weak minded and negative this fanbase is, I truly dont know if they can handle success.  They might jump ship and become Giant fans.

To open a thread to be negative about our 2 top 10 picks is truly sad.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

This is a deep draft with a lot of good talent, but the combination of no top end QB prospects and really no elite can't miss prospects at all would totally happen when the Jets had 2 top 10 picks. In this draft, the difference between the prospects taken at 4 and 10 and the prospects taken at 14 and 20 or 24 and 30 are really marginal.

Carry on.

Boo hoo?  Whoah is us?

Get over it, we have 4 picks in the top 40.  Whining aside, that's a very good thing, even in this "weak" draft class.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Carry on.

If the opportunity to move around the board is there, I think we see JD do just that. unless a guy he loves is available I think he will have a group of players he's happy with moving back/up for 

58 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Carry on.

I mean, I disagree. Sure there is no elite talent at the top of this draft when comparing to other drafts but to say that the difference between prospects taken at 4 and 10 vs. prospects taken at 14, 20, 24, 30 is marginal is a bit of a stretch.

For example, by picks 20, 24, and 30 you could very well miss out on all of the top WRs, maybe you get Burks if you are lucky? You could very well miss out on the top Edge rushers. Maybe Ojabo slides to you because of his injury- then YOU are rolling the dice on a fairly raw prospect with injury concerns. You miss out on top tier O-linemen like Ekwonu, Neal, Cross...maybe even Penning? You miss out on Lloyd- a guy who I think will be a special player at the next level. You miss out on Sauce and Stingley. You def. miss out on the top QB. Probably the top D-lineman in Jordan Davis. A talented player like Kyle Hamilton. I mean, sure SOME of these guys you will get a shot to draft, maybe guys you think are comparable.

But odds are most of them will be gone by pick 20, certainly by pick 30. And these are some the top players in the draft, whether elite or not, these guys are considerably better prospects than the next prospects available behind them. Teams aren't stupid and the best prospects go early in ANY draft. 

You don't want the 5th or 6th best Edge, the 5th or 6th best WR, the 2nd best LB, the 4th or 5th best OT, the 3rd or 4th best CB, the 2nd or 3rd best QB in this draft...   

• Upvote 3

As far as 'Jets Luck'...

Seems like the Jets are in a good position with Pick #4. There is at least ONE QB- Malik Willis, who seems to have his stock rising at the right time.

And there are 4 teams right behind the Jets at picks 5 (NYG), 6 (CAR), 7 (NYG), 8 (ATL), and 9 (SEA) who may want to draft a QB. This puts JD in a great position to move down and add draft assets, have leverage as teams potentially compete with each other for the QB and he doesn't even have to move down too far allowing him to still take a quality player. He may even end up with the player he originally wanted. Let's say the Jets are targeting JJ, they trade with CAR, the Giants take KT and JJ slides to the Jets at 6...just as an example.   

• Upvote 1

There is an elite can’t miss pass rusher but of course the Jets won their way out of getting him and of course our garbage fanbase celebrated it like it was a playoff game.

I have thought about this though. The Jets are legitimately cursed and the lack of QB’s is just hilarious. Look what we’d have been sitting on a year ago - Chase, Pitts, Sewell - It’s absurd.

I guarantee at least one of those top 10 picks will be a total washout Dee Milliner style. We’ve all seen this movie before.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

There is an elite can’t miss pass rusher but of course the Jets won their way out of getting him and of course of garbage fanbase celebrated it like it was a playoff game.

I have thought about this though. The Jets are legitimately cursed and the lack of QB’s is just hilarious. Look what we’d have been sitting on a year ago - Chase, Pitts, Sewell - It’s absurd.

I guarantee at least one of those top 10 picks will be a total washout Dee Milliner style. We’ve all seen this movie before.

JD takes a punter at 4.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

There is an elite can’t miss pass rusher but of course the Jets won their way out of getting him and of course our garbage fanbase celebrated it like it was a playoff game.

I'm going to come back and bump this if the Jags don't even take Hutchinson (which, is entirely possible). 

Also, the notion that there is a huge consensus on these edge rushers is mistaken, IMO. 

6 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Carry on.

Top edge there is and they could all be gone by 10. 

6 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Carry on.

We can’t do the woe is the Jets routine after having 2 high picks in the 2021 draft. Whatever your feelings about Zach Wilson, he would be the clear-cut number one overall pick this year and we got him.  

AVT may be a perennial All Pro. Moore looks legit.

We reaped the benefits of a stacked draft.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How Jet fans are going to handle the tremendous success that is coming will be very interesting.  How weak minded and negative this fanbase is, I truly dont know if they can handle success.  They might jump ship and become Giant fans.

To open a thread to be negative about our 2 top 10 picks is truly sad.

oh-god.gif

11 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Carry on.

I remember when it was “bad luck” to have a high pick in the 2017 draft because the QB class was “weak” 2 of those QB’s are now the highest paid players in the league.

12 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm going to come back and bump this if the Jags don't even take Hutchinson (which, is entirely possible). 

Also, the notion that there is a huge consensus on these edge rushers is mistaken, IMO. 

The Jags may not take him because they're a garbage organisation.