Connor- Baldie the sleuth to take another Ot

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Says that if Thibodeaux is gone, they’ll likely take Ekonwu, and if somehow Ekonwu and Thibodeaux are still on the board, there’ll be a debate in the building, but Hughes would lean Thibodeaux.

Says there are serious questions about both Fant (outlier season) and Becton (Gets to 400 lbs on the regular) so Jets fans shouldn’t think for a second that the Jets are ok at OT. 

Mind-bending stuff that Saleh apparently thinks Quincy Williams can be an All-Pro if they get better IDL play, which is fun because the IDL is Quinnen Williams. 

They also won’t take a CB high because Saleh doesn’t need CBs—he needs rangy safeties. 

I spit out my water when I heard about pro bowl Quincy. Saleh hitting the blunt too hard.

they will take thibs - edge is just a bigger need than tackle, despite the good points he made about Fant. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He thinks they would take thibs over Ickey though 

Likely, but not definitely.

I’ve been saying for months that Ekwonu is a very real possibility at #4.  It makes a lot of sense for theJets.  But Thibs might get the nod if he’s there in a situation where Hutch, Neal and Walker are the first 3 taken.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I spit out my water when I heard about pro bowl Quincy. Saleh hitting the blunt too hard.

they will take thibs - edge is just a bigger need than tackle, despite the good points he made about Fant. 

I disagree, because I think Saleh wants to coach a team with 53 Quincy Williamses and zero Quinnen Williamses.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I’ve been saying for months that Ekwonu is a very real possibility at #4.  It makes a lot of sense for theJets.  But Thibs might get the nod if he’s there in a situation where Hutch, Neal and Walker are the first 3 taken.

He definitely is in play and I get it if there isn’t an edger rusher there you really like. You say F it and build an elite OL right now.

if that’s the plan, I want another really good back in this draft to complement Carter and another legit TE prospect. 

Having said that, an elite pass rusher helps this team more than an elite LT, as currently constructed. If they think thibs can be a legit edge rusher, he has to be the pick, for me. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup. Right there with you. Ickey has been our guy for a while now. Those that dont want a OT better start prepping for it 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

hey @hmhertz you are clearly out on this coaching staff, front office, and probably 90% of the players. considering they aren't going anywhere yet, maybe time to step away? god knows these threads will be missed, but i think its for the best.

So you only want people posting that are completely sold on the staff, front office and the roster? I’m not trying to pick a fight, I’m just trying to understand better.

I’m fine with KT at 4. I think Ickey could be a beast at guard, but I have my reservations about him as a tackle as his pass sets are messy and he has a tendency to duck. I also don’t love the idea of using 1st rounders in back to back years on interior lineman, but if he pans out as quick at guard as AVT did, Jets will likely have a top 10 line next year.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m fine now but it took me half the morning to realize he wasn’t talking about Brian Baldinger. 

LOL, me too.  I'm thinking Baldy has some pair after the way he talked up Becton on those weekly "look at him dominate" videos two years ago.  

• Haha 1