The reason we stink is that the all gas coach praises lazy bums like Quinnen Williams

hmhertz

5 hours ago, hmhertz said:

In the last five games QW had 1 QB hit, Nathan Shepherd had five.

Just let's look at our 1st round picks the last 10 years....  we don't have to do name calling :)

Our 1st round picks since basically 2009 have been well below average in almost all cases. 

Only 4 are still with the Jets and I'd say none were well above average for any length of time.

Perhaps as a player "The Prez" was and then you go back to 2011 and I personally detest Wilkerson who had 1 good year. But other than those 2, who?  I'll leave 2020 and 2021 out of it as it's too early to judge but I wouldn't bet a peanut sandwich on Becton.

Put    "Jets last 10 first round picks" in google and WIKI has them fairly quickly. Then pick other teams at random.

I chose Eagles, Rams, Saints... there is a noted difference.

• Upvote 3

It’s definitely not the reason the Jets have been bad, but I think We have probably seen Quinnen’s cap as a player given that he’s going into his 4th season. He’s pretty good, but he’s not what we were told he was going to be going into the 2019 draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Quinnen is a talented player with good upside, but he’s not a dominant player and he was overdrafted. 

i would really like to see what he can do playing with Lawson and another above average edge 

Agreed, but how much upside is left at this point?

• Upvote 1

Just now, maury77 said:

Agreed, but how much upside is left at this point?

Not sure. 

But I'd love to see him double teamed less. I could see his sack numbers going up this year playing alongside Lawson + rookie edge. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

FGwOvJwXsAoPrqR?format=jpg&name=medium

Put aside Aaron Donald who, along with Khan Noonien Singh, was genetically engineered to be better than everyone. He simply chose to dominate the (unaltered) human race rather than sentence it to extinction.

Interpret the chart as you see fit (e.g. win rate doesn't equal sack rate), but it seems the Jets not having a serious edge rusher (let alone two, which they should have this year if they draft right and Lawson actually plays) didn't do their DTs any favors.

Can I get an Amen?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Put aside Aaron Donald who, along with Khan Noonien Singh, was genetically engineered to be better than everyone. He simply chose to dominate the (unaltered) human race rather than sentence it to extinction.

Interpret the chart as you see fit (e.g. win rate doesn't equal sack rate), but it seems the Jets not having a serious edge rusher (let alone two, which they should have this year if they draft right and Lawson actually plays) didn't do their DTs any favors.

I think more than anything this illustrates why you shouldn't take a DT so early.  From the perspective of this chart, QW is a top 5 DT in the league yet his impact is negligible.  If you're taking a DT this year - that player better carry Kahn's Wrath or it's simply not a smart move.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

image.png.7a854d2e9bc50ccf7e25ce351b38fcfb.png

I haven’t started a thread since February 25th.  OP had 4-5 ridiculously titled threads on the front page at the time of my post.  What are you even talking about?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That chart does put to rest the tired argument that QW doesn't produce b/c he's doubled all the time.  In fact teams choose to double him less than other DTs.

Overall this puts him middle of the pack IMO.  My biggest issue with QW is that he seems to gas relatively easily, and that he doesn't really maintain gap discipline/falls for traps.

31 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

star trek spock GIF

"QUINNENNNNNN!"

• Haha 3