If the Jets win a Super Bowl with Zach Wilson it will be because of the 2nd round this year

Maxman

Good thoughts.  We've got to nail these picks. Going 3 for 4 (3 solid starters) would even be just fine. There are so many decent players in this draft that fit positions of need for the Jets. 

Because 2020 put us back, we've got to hit on these. But, if we hit on them, that will likely overcome what happened in 2020.

• Upvote 2

I am awful at knowing who to look for in NFL drafts as I just don't know the college game that well. But I'm def excited for this draft, and the non-first round picks always seem to be the biggest impact players in the NFL. Keep giving Wilson the weapons and tools, I believe that kid has something.

totally agree that this draft can really set the jets up for this season and beyond.  4 impact players?  maybe the definition of impact is a little gray.  i think i'd be happy with 2 players that will start from day one and two that will add depth and start sometime during the season.  and i think impact player is necessarily in a skill position like wr, db, edge, rb, qb.  maybe te.

Doing mock drafts with other teams makes it clear how good of a position the Jets are in.   

Free agency filled the glaring gaps - other than at WR.  

They are forced to take a WR in the top 4, (edit- Jets top 4 picks -4,10, 35 or 38) but the rest can be their highest impact players.  

If most of the the young players develop like they look capable of, and another good draft…

Yeah it’s not crazy to think this team could shock the NFL this season and the rebuild could be complete next season.   There are lots of question marks, but this season has more potential answers.  

• Like 1

I would murder this draft if I was in charge.  A+ rating from all the draft goober faces and steady improvement to team to easily around the .500 mark with a Super Bowl riding on Zach's development in 2023 but that's me.  We'll see how JD does

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Think about it....these are two prime picks in a draft that isn't front loaded.

If Douglas walks away with two starters in the 2nd round, two guys that will eventually get 2nd contracts here that would be huge. Based on past history it is a long shot.

But I believe if the Jets win a Super Bowl in the next few years it will have a ton to do with the two players taken in the 2nd round this year.

Four impact starters in rounds one and two, that is the goal.

I still can’t believe you said the words “ Jets win a Super Bowl” yes- there was an “ if”- still. 🤣 I’m real old, and when they won I wasn’t even born yet.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Doing mock drafts with other teams makes it clear how good of a position the Jets are in.   

They are forced to take a WR in the top 4, but the rest can be their highest impact players.  

If most of the the young players develop like they look capable of, and another good draft…

Yeah it’s not crazy to think this team could shock the NFL this season and the rebuild could be complete next season.   There are lots of question marks, but this season has more potential answers.  

Or Not Whatever GIF by Mariah Carey

33 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

They are forced to take a WR in the top 4, but the rest can be their highest impact players.  

Agree with most of this post with the exception of “having to draft a WR@4” as there is plenty of WR talent in the second round. Also can get Allegier in the 3rd round as a big power back to help with the rushing game which in turn will help Zach & the passing attack. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Agree with most of this post with the exception of “having to draft a WR@4” as there is plenty of WR talent in the second round. Also can get Allegier in the 3rd round as a big power back to help with the rushing game which in turn will help Zach & the passing attack. 

I wasn’t clear - I meant in the top 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.  But I’d be happy with a WR at 4.  I think G Wilson is worth it.  

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Breece Hall at 35 and Trey McBride at 38.

It is finished.

Definitely Agree with the Hall selection but would rather take the linebacker from Wisconsin (who’s name escapes me at this time)Given the lack of rush defense would rather have a backer who’s more stout than one who’s a bit lighter. There will be some talented tight ends that can be had in the 3rd round. The kid from UCLA comes to mind (Ulcich I think) as well as Likely from Coastal Carolina 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Defense doesn’t matter.

It does if it's just bad enough that teams take 90% of game time to march down the field and a good offense doesn't have time to do crap.

Jets won't be able to score 50 points a game next season, but their defense might allow it on them

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

If Douglas walks away with two starters in the 2nd round, two guys that will eventually get 2nd contracts here that would be huge. Based on past history it is a long shot.

But I believe if the Jets win a Super Bowl in the next few years it will have a ton to do with the two players taken in the 2nd round this year.

If the Jets use their two second rounders to move up for an impact player, whether it be a top tier WR like Burks or Olave or a top LB like Devin Lloyd or an Edge or Linderbaum or Penning, I'd be fine with walking away with 3 impact players from the first 2 rounds and losing that extra second rounder. I don't think a SB will nec have anything to do with that extra player unless you somehow hit on a superstar in rd 2.  

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

“Herm Edwards win will a Super Bowl as HC of the Jets”

I don;t see him leaving college to come back here, that one probably isn't going to happen.

53 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I want Breece Hall at 35.  A top of the line RB would do wonders for Zack's offense.  I'm hoping JD is likeminded.  This would automatically make it a fun season.    

I love Michael Carter.  The thought of him being RB2 is wild. One guy hurt...you don't miss a beat. Would be a nice backfield.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gibby said:

I still can’t believe you said the words “ Jets win a Super Bowl” yes- there was an “ if”- still. 🤣 I’m real old, and when they won I wasn’t even born yet.

Same here.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Why did the Rams trade all those picks for Ramsey then?

Oh great, I see all the lemmings are gonna set up the Rams as the paragon of roster construction now.

They traded all those picks for Ramsey, and it worked, because they have the best non QB in the NFL, Aaron Donald, in front of him.  Do we have one of those?

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh great, I see all the lemmings are gonna set up the Rams as the paragon of roster construction now.

They traded all those picks for Ramsey, and it worked, because they have the best non QB in the NFL, Aaron Donald, in front of him.  Do we have one of those?

They gambles big and won.   Good for them. We however could have 4 1st rounders and would still fukk it up.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

My gut tells me we will only draft once in the 2nd round if at all when all is said and done. I think at least one of our seconds will be used to move back into 1st. No matter what strategy the Jets use for 4 and 10 there will be a player they need highly that they can only get trading up for.