For those who think Jeremiah has any insight into Joe D’s thinking…

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A link where he discusses some Jets thoughts…

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/around-the-nfl/id680904259?i=1000557657608

About halfway into this interview, the host presses Jeremiah to say something about the Jets, and Jeremiah makes the following interesting points—

1. Point One: Before mentioning any players that the Jets might want, he says that he’s curious to see how the Jets use this year’s draft capital to set themselves up for next year’s draft, which is new. 

2. Feels that the Jets should just go ahead and take their receiver at 4, even if it’s a perceived reach, because they have to get Zach to play well right now and no pass rusher is going to do that for them. 

3. Jeremiah “loves” London, but feels that Garrett Wilson is head and shoulders the best receiver in the draft because he can do everything. 

4. Says (in support of taking WR over EDGE at 4) that the Jets are probably a six win team regardless, and that their prime imperative is to exit the season feeling like Zach can play, which I would presume ties into his thought that the Jets should try to load up picks in 2023 in the event that they have to replace Zach. 

i am a supporter of Joe Douglas, but if we are relatively healthy and a 6 win team then blow this sh*t up...again. smh.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 9

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/around-the-nfl/id680904259?i=1000557657608

About halfway into this interview, the host presses Jeremiah to say something about the Jets, and Jeremiah makes the following interesting points—

1. Point One: Before mentioning any players that the Jets might want, he says that he’s curious to see how the Jets use this year’s draft capital to set themselves up for next year’s draft, which is new. 

2. Feels that the Jets should just go ahead and take their receiver at 4, even if it’s a perceived reach, because they have to get Zach to play well right now and no pass rusher is going to do that for them. 

3. Jeremiah “loves” London, but feels that Garrett Wilson is head and shoulders the best receiver in the draft because he can do everything. 

4. Says (in support of taking WR over EDGE at 4) that the Jets are probably a six win team regardless, and that their prime imperative is to exit the season feeling like Zach can play, which I would presume ties into his thought that the Jets should try to load up picks in 2023 in the event that they have to replace Zach. 

So, everything I’ve be been saying, except without the superior simian intellect.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, I'm a known Douglas pessimist, but honest question to all of you: are you really willing to give Douglas another season if the Jets go 6-11? That would be 19 wins over his 4 seasons, which comes out to an average of less than 5 wins a season. That's pretty pathetic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But let’s say the jets really like jermaine Johnson, and for the sake of argument, Garrett Wilson. They think Johnson will be there at 10 but doubt Atlanta will pass on Wilson - why would it be so bad to just take Wilson first?

If the jets think he is worthy of 4 and far and away the best wr then they should pick him.   I like the player well enough but we will imo be passing on much better players if we do that.   There are enough good wr and pass ushers that unless you are sure your guys is by far the best take the better players at other positions.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I think DJ’s take on the 2023 class is reasonable. I don’t think the Jets are honestly setting up like they’ll pick at 4 and 10, but maybe I’m wrong.

He’s a good analyst overall and fun to listen to but I don’t think he’s good at scouting receivers and don’t think the rationale for WR at 4 meshes with how Douglas drafts.

Everybody’s going to talk about how important WR is and Douglas is going to like, trade down from 35 or 38 to the 50’s and take Alec Pierce or something.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Yes, I'm a known Douglas pessimist, but honest question to all of you: are you really willing to give Douglas another season if the Jets go 6-11? That would be 19 wins over his 4 seasons, which comes out to an average of less than 5 wins a season. That's pretty pathetic. 

Yes!  

If Gase was the worst HC of all time, as many claim (he’s definitely in the conversation) why should that be held against Douglas?  He didn’t hire Gase. Meanwhile the football operation truly became Douglas’s Jan ‘21.  So since then his operation and HC hire are improving going from 4 to 6 wins. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

The Jets will consider 4 Edge rushers (JJ, Hutch, Thib and Walker), Ekwonu, Neal and Gardner at 4. Depending on who is available. I think once all is said and done Neal, Hutch and Thib are going top 3. So that leaves JJ, Walker, Ekwonu and Gardner. 

The Jets are not taking a WR at 4. They are not taking Hamilton at 4. They are not taking any other prospect at 4. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Not all six-win teams are created equal.  If Wilson improves and Garrett Wilson/Elijah Moore show signs of becoming a deadly duo there's reason for hope despite six wins.  If all 11 losses are close games that's a reason for hope.  If Douglas nails this draft, like he did last year, there will be much reason for hope.  If the defense improves to the 15-20 range, there will be reason for hope.  If Douglas gets his Edge and WR of the future, there will be hope.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

39 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Yes!  

If Gase was the worst HC of all time, as many claim (he’s definitely in the conversation) why should that be held against Douglas?  He didn’t hire Gase. Meanwhile the football operation truly became Douglas’s Jan ‘21.  So since then his operation and HC hire are improving going from 4 to 6 wins. 

All personnel , front office and basically anything having to do with decisions about  football operations made after June 7 of 2019 are on Douglas.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

The most assinine thing the Jets can do at #4 is pick a WR. At #4 you pick a no brainer. Someone you cannot get at #10. The Jets are picking an OL. 

No they’re not. They are taking Sauce or Thibs. And if both are gone, which is remotely possible, then I think JD may even trade back for extra picks. Either way, JD is not taking an OL at 4 or 10. It would be ridiculous for numerous reasons. 1- The OL is SET. JD just spent big bucks on Tomlinson to round out the OL. 2- We have zero pass rush and were run over like wild horses ? ? ? ? ? by many teams last year. And there’s just no telling how effective Lawson will be this year after his injury. Regardless, Saleh wants pass rushers. Period. I can see JD even grabbing another sleeper edge later in the draft. 3- After edge at 4, JD must get a WR or CB. If Thibs is the pick at 4, and Sauce is gone by 10, JD will take Stingley. WR will have to wait. Jd could trade back into 1st round, which I hope he doesn’t, for a WR. There’s a few good ones in round 2 that could be snatched. 

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

No they’re not. They are taking Sauce or Thibs. And if both are gone, which is remotely possible, then I think JD may even trade back for extra picks. Either way, JD is not taking an OL at 4 or 10. It would be ridiculous for numerous reasons. 1- The OL is SET. JD just spent big bucks on Tomlinson to round out the OL. 2- We have zero pass rush and were run over like wild horses ? ? ? ? ? by many teams last year. And there’s just no telling how effective Lawson will be this year after his injury. Regardless, Saleh wants pass rushers. Period. I can see JD even grabbing another sleeper edge later in the draft. 3- After edge at 4, JD must get a WR or CB. If Thibs is the pick at 4, and Sauce is gone by 10, JD will take Stingley. WR will have to wait. Jd could trade back into 1st round, which I hope he doesn’t, for a WR. There’s a few good ones in round 2 that could be snatched. 

If there is no player there at 4 worthy enough for the nyj with all our needs, that pick isn’t worthy for a trade up 

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Not all six-win teams are created equal.  If Wilson improves and Garrett Wilson/Elijah Moore show signs of becoming a deadly duo there's reason for hope despite six wins.  If all 11 losses are close games that's a reason for hope.  If Douglas nails this draft, like he did last year, there will be much reason for hope.  If the defense improves to the 15-20 range, there will be reason for hope.  If Douglas gets his Edge and WR of the future, there will be hope.

i agree with this.

if he gets us another WR that can team with Moore and is exciting and get a pass rusher then 6 wins can save him.

but if he does some stupid sh*t like take a OL where he has to trade Fant or Becton so this kid can start or draft a CB where Hall is traded and wins 6 games then he is done because of stupidity.

there is going to be 2 or 3 good WRs taking in rd 1. he has to get one of them. even if he has to reach. 

• Sympathy 2

If the Jets can’t win more then 6 games that means two things 

a) Zach Wilson didn’t play well

b) This roster is not close to competing in 2023

Which May make us ask the fundamental question. WTF is Joe Douglas doing besides losing football games that make you all think he’s so smart. 

This guy make a great traveling con man back in the day.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Overall record is overused, IMHO. If the Jets go 17-0, tear through the playoffs and win the Superbowl 70-0 we will still have a losing record under Joe Douglas.

The only record that counts is the upcoming year. Yes, 6-11 may not be what we want, and will leave a lot of posters here upset. But more important will be the "eye test" on whether we look like a credible team or a bunch of horses' asses. No more so than at QB - give me a team that scores far more points than last year, even if we're losing shootouts. Better than losing blowouts.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2