Jets’ Denzel Mims taps trainer to get ‘bigger, leaner’ after frustrating season

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Nothing like getting a trainer 3 months after the season ended. 

The article says he hired the trainer almost immediately after the season and has been preparing the whole time ...

I just don't think his physique was the issue last season.  

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Any one who says he lacks talent is off base.  It's the drive/commitment that needs to show up this year...

What if it’s neither? What if it’s simply a matter of him never really understanding the playbook? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

I for one was as BIG a Mims fan as thier could be.

Indeed I truly felt that Mims was the steal of the draft, and said so...and hence I could not IMAGINE him playing as he has. 

And so while I would love for Mims to turn it around and I am forever rooting for him, I cannot pretend that Mims has not been a disappointment for me so far.

Here is to HOPING & I am PRAYING for the turnaround of his career because I truly believed that Mims could be special....

Let's Go Jets!

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What if it’s neither? What if it’s simply a matter of him never really understanding the playbook? 

My 2 cents worth of opinion on Mims is that he is not a good route runner and is awful at getting separation.  However I think he does have the potential to become an NFL WR if he can get his head out of his a$$.  This pre-season is his last chance with this team.      

59 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

It's a typical offseason fluff piece, but I'd rather see hes working than not. Jets are most likely preparing like hes not part of their future (aka drafting a WR early), but if somehow he emerges as the X we all want none of us will complain. 

If we have Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims, and (perhaps) Garret Wilson on this team as our first four receivers, then there will FINALLY be a day when a player like Berrios will NOT have to be on this team.  

Paul Rudd Lol GIF by HBO Max

36 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

My 2 cents worth of opinion on Mims is that he is not a good route runner and is awful at getting separation.  However I think he does have the potential to become an NFL WR if he can get his head out of his a$$.  This pre-season is his last chance with this team.      

When you see him interview, he doesn’t seem to have his head up his ass. He sounds motivated and driven. I think his ability may be limited either physically, or more likely mentally, in terms of just learning, understanding and applying. We’ll see… year 3 is typically the jump year for WRs, except the special ones.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1