Say What? Giants moving McKenzie to LT?

Scott Dierking

Maybe I missed this all along but I did not know that was their plan. I guess if you pay a Tackle that amount, you want him to be your LT.

In today's News, McKenzie says that he would be a bit leery if Coughlin wanted to do the move. He also says that if he knew that was the plan at signing, it would have affected where he went.. :shock:

Luke Pettitgout is the worst left tackle in football. Anything over him is an upgrade. You got no choice here. They have to put Kareem there.

Teams would overload the left side and just blitz. Giants had no answers for it last year. What leave Shockey in to block?LOL

Herman Edwards wanted to move McKenzie to left tackle. They tried but in the west coast offense, Kareem can't play LT.

Right-You are stuck with the conundrum of paying large money to a very good RT, OR you are paying large money for a mediocre LT.

Giants are in a tough spot. Bad signing overall.

Luke Pettitgout is the worst left tackle in football. Anything over him is an upgrade. You got no choice here. They have to put Kareem there.

Teams would overload the left side and just blitz. Giants had no answers for it last year. What leave Shockey in to block?LOL

Herman Edwards wanted to move McKenzie to left tackle. They tried but in the west coast offense, Kareem can't play LT.

I actually read it in a Yahoo sports blurb, which linked it back to Fanball.com which said it came from teh Daily News.

I am too lazy to go back-Sorry

Dierk, I was making fun of people who always post "link" when somebody posts something.

Not meant to be serious buddy. :wink:

heres the whole article but what he said is at the very end

Eli gets antsy over Plax delay

Wants time to connect

BY JOHN DELLAPINA

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Eli Manning

His baptism by NFL fire behind him, an offseason ahead of him and the reins to the Giants' offense now firmly in his hands, Eli Manning can't wait to start working with his stable of playmaking horses.

But he had to wait another day yesterday as the arrival of the newest and most explosive of those teammates, Plaxico Burress, remained delayed.

While Manning and most other Giants went through their fourth day of lifting and running as part of the club's first "voluntary" strength and conditioning period, Burress still was tending to personal logistics in the aftermath of his free-agent signing last Friday.

Manning said he understood that Burress needed a few days to get squared away. But the second-year quarterback, sounding very much like a veteran team leader, also said he and his receivers need to get together as soon as possible.

"Obviously, you can have all the players in the world, but it's no good if you don't work hard with them and get on time with them," Manning said. "And it starts now - in the offseason.

"Before any of our camps get together, we've got to get together by ourselves and start throwing and start figuring out exactly how each guy comes out of the routes and what we're going to be able to do and how we're going to be able to get better."

A year ago at this time, Manning's thoughts were far from focused on the intricacies of the Giants' offense. He was in between being probed at the scouting combine and wondering whether he would be drafted by a team that would start him right away or ease him in gradually.

"It's different from last year," he said. "Last year was a long offseason - you're faced with the combine and so many tests and then you're focused on the draft. Now, I'm totally concentrated on next season."

Having already spent significant time watching tape of big brother Peyton and three-time Super Bowl champ Tom Brady, Manning has added seven pounds of muscle to his frame and been handed arguably the most formidable offensive weapon available on the free-agent market.

"I'm excited to get Plaxico," Manning said. "But I'm excited to get back with all the guys - Amani (Toomer), (Jeremy) Shockey, Tiki (Barber), Tim Carter. We've got a lot of weapons on offense now, but we've got to get to work and work hard and get confident with each other and get timing - so that when we get in the games, we're on the same page and play well."

Burress could arrive as early as today. Shockey is the only other marquee player who has yet to attend the daily workouts - he, too, informed the Giants that he wouldn't be on hand.

FINN IN: The Giants re-signed FB Jim Finn to a five-year contract. ... SS Shaun Williams said his rehab from September left knee surgery is almost complete. He has OK'd a restructuring of his contract, which has $14 million for four years left, that would allow him to remain with the team. ... RT Kareem McKenzie said that he'd consider a shift to LT if asked but that it would be a profound adjustment. McKenzie also said that if the possibility had been raised while he was a free agent, it might have affected whether he signed with the Giants earlier this month

Maybe I missed this all along but I did not know that was their plan. I guess if you pay a Tackle that amount, you want him to be your LT.

In today's News, McKenzie says that he would be a bit leery if Coughlin wanted to do the move. He also says that if he knew that was the plan at signing, it would have affected where he went.. :shock:

AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAA! McKenzie wants to bitch because he's getting paid like a LT and now they have the NERVE to ask him to play LT? WHat a ******* chump. If he plays LT next year the Giants will give up 50 sacks. McKenzie moves his feet only a little better than Stephen Hawking.

AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAA! McKenzie wants to b!tch because he's getting paid like a LT and now they have the NERVE to ask him to play LT? WHat a farging chump. If he plays LT next year the Giants will give up 50 sacks. McKenzie moves his feet only a little better than Stephen Hawking.

You never seen Steven Hawking try to run from his wife.

Especially when she threatens to leave him out in the sun.

Archived