Some draft stuff - Peter King

For what it's worth

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/18/nfl-draft-gms-picks-trades-fmia-peter-king/?utm_int=Edge1248

One interesting part:

POTENTIAL TRADES

Club executive 1: “Teams have gotten really aggressive with trades. I’m starting to hear teams offering to package picks and players to move up—not just picks. So instead of trying to trade up five spots in the first round, maybe this year you’ll see a team offering a one, a three and a player they’re down on a little.”

GM5: “If any team in the top six or eight wants to trade down, they won’t get what the trade chart says they should get. You don’t hear much trade talk till a day or two before the draft anyway—except for teams alerting you to keep them in mind if you’re thinking of moving your pick—but this isn’t the year to get rich on your high picks.”

GM4: “I laugh when I read around this time that the trade market is heating up. Most of the time, nothing really substantial happens till the day before the draft, or day of. There will be trades, but I don’t see many until after 10 [the 10th overall pick].”

I still think NO might trade to 4 or 5 for a QB, and if a team desparately wants a certain QB they need to get ahead of Carolina certainly so they might want to trade up to 4. King knows nothing he is just throwing things against the wall this is maybe the least predictable draft ever in my recollection.

48 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I still think NO might trade to 4 or 5 for a QB, and if a team desparately wants a certain QB they need to get ahead of Carolina certainly so they might want to trade up to 4. King knows nothing he is just throwing things against the wall this is maybe the least predictable draft ever in my recollection.

Key is if Panthers and Saints want Willis then the Saints have to get to the 4-5 slot. So, if Giants do not want to trade the 5 the Saints may have to go to 4 with us to do it. The Saints have the two mid 1st round picks so that might be their plan. It would work out better for us as well since we would be able to have 3 first rounders in the 10-19 range giving us the opportunity for Edge, WR, and either CB or OL.