Jump to content

Which WR Would You Draft If All Available?


Morrissey
 Share

Which WR Would You Draft If All Available?   

118 members have voted

  1. 1. Which WR would you take if all were available for one of the Jets 1st round picks

    • Drake London (USC)
    • Garrett Wilson (Ohio State)
    • Jameson Williams (Alabama)
    • Chris Olave (Ohio State)
    • Treylon Burks (Arkansas)
    • Other


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop man.  You could not like him and that's totally fine, there are plenty of people that don't - but...

Transferring to Alabama to be the featured WR is not a reason to say he's not good.   

It's kinda silly really.

 

I actually do like him, but to call him head and shoulders the best receiver in the draft like you've been doing is crazy.  

In the end, none of us know what these guys are going to do and we're all just guessing.  

 

I see a super fast slot receiver that doesn't have natural hands.  Someone I'd love to take a chance on at 35 or later... way later.

I'd rather pass on receiver than take him at 4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Anyone but London. Something about this guy smells.

I see this viewpoint, but something inside me thinks if he was playing for Clemson instead of SC we'd all be calling him the next great one in a long line of X's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

 

I actually do like him, but to call him head and shoulders the best receiver in the draft like you've been doing is crazy.  

In the end, none of us know what these guys are going to do and we're all just guessing.  

 

I see a super fast slot receiver that doesn't have natural hands.  Someone I'd love to take a chance on at 35 or later... way later.

I'd rather pass on receiver than take him at 4. 

At this point I wouldn't take him at 4 either. 

I have my opinion and certainly interested in hearing everyone's opinions.  The draft is always guess work.

All I was really disagreeing with was the transferring to Alabama being reason for concern.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I see this viewpoint, but something inside me thinks if he was playing for Clemson instead of SC we'd all be calling him the next great one in a long line of X's. 

For me, it’s not the USC thing st all. It’s more the personal pro day stuff, pushing it back, doing drills but won’t run a 40. Just strikes me as odd, raises a red flag. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Anyone but London. Something about this guy smells.

Agreed, I keep coming back to why is he so much better than Treylon Burks?  Burks ran a 4.55 at the combine and it was 'oh no!  4.55  drop him!

London never does run a 40, almost all highlights he is covered and he simple dominates the stinkfest pac12 defenses.

Burks faced the brutal sec and had a great game vs georgia in 2020 and bama last year.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I see this viewpoint, but something inside me thinks if he was playing for Clemson instead of SC we'd all be calling him the next great one in a long line of X's. 

Name 4  Clemson WR better than...

Robert Woods

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Michael Pittman Jr.

Amon-Ra St. Brown

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Name 4  Clemson WR better than...

Robert Woods

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Michael Pittman Jr.

Amon-Ra St. Brown

 

I was talking about X's, but since your list included slots:

Sammy Watkins

DeAndre Hopkins

Mike Willams

Tee Higgins

Hunter Renfrow

Amari Rodgers

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Agreed, I keep coming back to why is he so much better than Treylon Burks?  Burks ran a 4.55 at the combine and it was 'oh no!  4.55  drop him!

London never does run a 40, almost all highlights he is covered and he simple dominates the stinkfest pac12 defenses.

Burks faced the brutal sec and had a great game vs georgia in 2020 and bama last year.

I like Burks a lot. He's in my top 3 WRs. He has a lot of talent. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop man.  You could not like him and that's totally fine, there are plenty of people that don't - but...

Transferring to Alabama to be the featured WR is not a reason to say he's not good.   

It's kinda silly really.

Not what was said, he ran from OSU because he couldn't crack the top of that WR group.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not what was said, he ran from OSU because he couldn't crack the top of that WR group.

 

Maybe, but then he went to the number 1 program in the country and balled out in the SEC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not what was said, he ran from OSU because he couldn't crack the top of that WR group.

 

was said by who?  Certainly not according to him.  

When the best team in the country is looking for a featured WR - and they want you - that's where you go.  Sure I think you can make the argument that at OSU there were other quality WR's so he would have to share the targets and touches more, so that made the decision easier.

If he went to a lesser school or went as the #3 WR or something like that I might agree...but that's not what happened here.   

Ultimately it's an irrelevant argument at this point though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

was said by who?  Certainly not according to him.  

When the best team in the country is looking for a featured WR - and they want you - that's where you go.  Sure I think you can make the argument that at OSU there were other quality WR's so he would have to share the targets and touches more, so that made the decision easier.

If he went to a lesser school or went as the #3 WR or something like that I might agree...but that's not what happened here.   

Ultimately it's an irrelevant argument at this point though.

I'm not getting the idea that going to OSU is slumming and nowhere as prestigious, a lesser school as Bama.

Youre the one arguing that he went from OSU to Bama and proves hes the best WR 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not getting the idea that going to OSU is slumming and nowhere as prestigious, a lesser school as Bama.

Youre the one arguing that he went from OSU to Bama and proves hes the best WR 

Actually, that's not what I'm arguing.  I was responding to someone that stated he's not a good WR - and is being over drafted because he couldn't start at OSU.

I don't believe that to be the case - I don't think his transferring is a reason to say he's not a good WR.  That is ALL I'm claiming.  

If you believe otherwise, that is fine.  Honestly, all good.  I just don't agree is all and we can leave it at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Actually, that's not what I'm arguing.  I was responding to someone that stated he's not a good WR - and is being over drafted because he couldn't start at OSU.

I don't believe that to be the case - I don't think his transferring is a reason to say he's not a good WR.  That is ALL I'm claiming.  

If you believe otherwise, that is fine.  Honestly, all good.  I just don't agree is all and we can leave it at that.

He’s obviously a good WR, one of the best of this class.  But that’s the rub, this class has depth but that’s it.  I wouldn’t even be opposed to the pick though drafting a player who won’t be ready week one is bothersome 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What kind of question is this?  All of them will be available at 4. Most will be available at 10

pretty simple. which why WR would you take with one of our 1st rounders if all are on the board. it's not complicated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I have my choice, I'm picking Wilson.

Fast, smooth, runs very nice routes, can separate and elevate.  He's the WR in the draft who does most things well, and he's an ideal fit for the Jets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am traditionally scared of everyone.  My draft thoughts usually fall to being devil's advocate on any decent prospect.   Doing that Wilson looks to be the best.  Less injury concerns, no real production issues, ticks all the boxes.  Can someone tell me what is wrong with him? 

I feel like WIlliams came out of nowhere, but he TD numbers are crazy - which is something I care about.  I probably just lump him in with the other 'bama speed guys and when I can't differentiate a guy quickly I tend to glaze.   The injury bothers me more than most I guess.  I feel like we should get more of a discount.

What do the analytics say about the age and percentage of offense on the Ohio State guys?  Including Williams - that is in interesting group.   We will probably learn something from them, but we won't know it for another five years.  Olave seems like he has been around forever, but he is almost the identical age as Wilson and like 8 monts older than WIlliams. 

London had some great numbers, but nobody likes the Pac whatever defenses and he has injury concerns as well.  Obviously I am also scared that he may lack speed.  I think he will be a good pro, but I don't know how good.  

I didn't see enough of Burks, but when I read about the type of receiver he was, I wanted him.   Seems like running a 4.55 moved him down everyone's board? 

They all scare me.  People like Skyy Moore, but I wasn't super impressed with his highlights.  Probably means he'll be awesome.  

Receivers can have holes in their game and be successful if used correctly.  I guess I would pick Wilson, but the others all seem more exciting to me.  That is scary in it's own right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...