AJ Brown on Twitter

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I was still pondering UPS vs. FedEx

UPS is the Jerry Rice of delivery service.   FedEx is much more likely to take your most valuable package stop in a nightclub in NYC with a gun in it's waistband and shoot itself in the leg.  Your package is gone forever.    

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Brown, Metcalf, Samuel,  McLaurin - all want contracts, all could be possibly shipped.  I think the question you have to ask yourself is, do any of these completely change the landscape of the Jets?  Who of these 4 are full blown, game changers that totally change the Jets offense? Who is the Diggs for Wilson the way he was for Allen?    If there is a clear answer, you send a package for 1, no hesitation.  If you're not sure any of them are guaranteed to change the offense, you keep the draft capital, find a WR in the draft and load up.

Of these players, I think McLauren may command (couldn’t help it) the least in trade and extension.

I think he has more room to flourish.

I love AJ Brown, but I think he and the others command more in assets and we’ve already seen their peak.

• Upvote 1

Brown, Metcalf, Samuel,  McLaurin - all want contracts, all could be possibly shipped.  I think the question you have to ask yourself is, do any of these completely change the landscape of the Jets?  Who of these 4 are full blown, game changers that totally change the Jets offense? Who is the Diggs for Wilson the way he was for Allen?    If there is a clear answer, you send a package for 1, no hesitation.  If you're not sure any of them are guaranteed to change the offense, you keep the draft capital, find a WR in the draft and load up.

Metcalf.... Brown/Sameul .... McLaurin

that's the order I would go if it were up to me, but its not. so onto the draft. not popular but trade back and get 2 or 3 WRs out of

Burks, Pickens, Dotson, Robinson, Drummond, Ross. 

• Upvote 1

Josh Allen made a huge jump from year 2 to year 3 before Diggs was on the team.   They went 10 and 6 and made the playoffs with John Brown as their No. 1 WR.  Diggs was a huge upgrade on a team that had already made the playoffs and who's young QB had a combined 29 TD, 20 passing and 9 rushing.  Diggs who was very good before he got on Buffalo wasn't anywhere near what he is with Allen.

You can make the argument that Allen was becoming a top NFL QB before Diggs ever was on Buffalo and Allen made Diggs an All pro.   I think you have this a little backwards.  Zach needs to take the next step.  Yes having more talent around him helps.  It's not as if the Jets don't have some talent around him and a decent OL.  

Zach needs to step up.  The Jets OL is decent and will be better this year.  He gets guys who were hurt back and healthy.  Moore is in year 2.  We've upgraded the TE position.   We're obviously going to draft or trade for another WR possibly both.

The question you have to ask yourself is Zach Wilson ready to operate a high powered O and what should that look like.  

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Didn't Vrabel say last week that as long as he is coach, AJ will be a Titan? That might be a little more significant than basement dwelling bloggers.

well I wasn't referring to just basement dwelling bloggers. local writers here, Dianna Russini, radio ...  but yes a coach saying that does carry some weight. 

take it for what it is at the time, just like JETS sports writers never fully a guarantee. anything could change depending on talks (if they are actually happening). Titans are in a unique spot because they cut Julio and are on the books for about $12 mil this season and they have extensions on the horizon for Brown, Simmons, and a few others, notably Brown and Simmons though as they will be getting 18-22 mil + and Titans are sitting at $2 mil in cap space. 

Cap is easily manipulated but they would seem to have a lot to do & the easiest thing to do would be re-structure Tannehill, lol but they can get out of his deal after this year as it stands with low cap hit. I don't think they want to play with his deal anymore.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Josh Allen made a huge jump from year 2 to year 3 before Diggs was on the team.   They went 10 and 6 and made the playoffs with John Brown as their No. 1 WR.  Diggs was a huge upgrade on a team that had already made the playoffs and who's young QB had a combined 29 TD, 20 passing and 9 rushing.  Diggs who was very good before he got on Buffalo wasn't anywhere near what he is with Allen.

You can make the argument that Allen was becoming a top NFL QB before Diggs ever was on Buffalo and Allen made Diggs an All pro.   I think you have this a little backwards.  Zach needs to take the next step.  Yes having more talent around him helps.  It's not as if the Jets don't have some talent around him and a decent OL.  

Zach needs to step up.  The Jets OL is decent and will be better this year.  He gets guys who were hurt back and healthy.  Moore is in year 2.  We've upgraded the TE position.   We're obviously going to draft or trade for another WR possibly both.

The question you have to ask yourself is Zach Wilson ready to operate a high powered O and what should that look like.  

what we all are asking and hoping the answer is, definitively a YES

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

I’m tired of these whiny twitter thugs. “I deleted you off my socials sucka!”  Lame AF.

Also, the guys said he didn’t want to come here … or it wasn’t mutual on the Jets side but that’s doubtful.

It doesn’t seem like anyone is going to save us. We have to build a destination. Hope I’m wrong but that’s how it seems.

This kind of coded language is complete garbage. This is why I barely read these forums anymore, bunch of middle aged out of touch white guys. Do better

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Diggs was on the Bills for Allen’s third year. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Stark said:

well I wasn't referring to just basement dwelling bloggers. local writers here, Dianna Russini, radio ...  but yes a coach saying that does carry some weight. 

take it for what it is at the time, just like JETS sports writers never fully a guarantee. anything could change depending on talks (if they are actually happening). Titans are in a unique spot because they cut Julio and are on the books for about $12 mil this season and they have extensions on the horizon for Brown, Simmons, and a few others, notably Brown and Simmons though as they will be getting 18-22 mil + and Titans are sitting at $2 mil in cap space. 

Cap is easily manipulated but they would seem to have a lot to do & the easiest thing to do would be re-structure Tannehill, lol but they can get out of his deal after this year as it stands with low cap hit. I don't think they want to play with his deal anymore.

Wasn't jumping on you at all, sorry if it came across that way. Was agreeing with your post that they were in negotiations. Actually put the Vrabel stuff on to back up what you posted. We are on same side here.?

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Wasn't jumping on you at all, sorry if it came across that way. Was agreeing with your post that they were in negotiations. Actually put the Vrabel stuff on to back up what you posted. We are on same side here.?

yup. I didn't take it as you coming at me I just thought I would say that is not some blogger in a basement. we're all good

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Josh Allen improved from trash to decent between years 1 and 2.  In his 2nd year (2019), he raised his CMP% from 52% to 58%.  Still not great.  He threw for 3,000 yards with 20 TDs to 9 INTs.  That's good enough to win 10 games and make the playoffs but it's not making anyone forget about Aaron Rodgers just yet.  What stood out for him was still the rushing.  500 yards and 9 TDs.

When Diggs showed up in 2020, Allen became a new QB.  69% CMP % with 4,500 yards and 37 TDs to 10 INTs, while still maintaining almost the same rushing numbers.  It was the biggest transformation I think I've ever seen from a QB year-over-year.  I think it's safe to say Diggs had a lot to do with that.

So yes, absolutely, Zach needs to step up from bad to decent.  3,000 yards and 20+ TDs with a 2:1 TD:INT ration would be a fine season.  Sadly one of the best we'd have seen from a Jets QB in decades.  With an improved OL (Tomlinson and hopefully a healthy Becton), and reliable TEs and hopefully less injuries in the WR room, I think there's enough there for Zach to do it if he's able.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Of these players, I think McLauren may command (couldn’t help it) the least in trade and extension.

I think he has more room to flourish.

I love AJ Brown, but I think he and the others command more in assets and we’ve already seen their peak.

54 minutes ago, Stark said:

that's the order I would go if it were up to me, but its not. so onto the draft. not popular but trade back and get 2 or 3 WRs out of

I like McLaurin a lot, might be my preferred of the 4 honestly.  But, you better be 100% certain and have a full proof plan because you're not just giving up picks you're taking on what, 18mil a year?  Very risky for arguably the most abundant position available.  None of these guys were 1st round picks.  Supply is at an all time high because of the evolution of college ball.  Ironically, it also has the highest bust potential too, so there is something about getting a proven vet but you cant **** it up because that could be crippling to a team like the Jets.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Meh.  Allen was an atrocious passer in year 2.  The jump he made from year 2 to 3 was insane.  58% and 3000 yards and 20 to 68% and 4500 yards to 37 is an unprecedented jump, one the league has never seen before.  More specifically, which my post was mostly about, was what Diggs did for the offense.  As I said in my post, if you make this trade, this player has to transform your offense.  I said that first because that's most important.  I then said it would also help Zach like Diggs did for Allen because clearly, he did.  People were calling Allen a RB playing QB at that time still.  Then Diggs comes in, Allen suddenly goes from one of the least efficient passers in the NFL to the most efficient and Buffalo went from the 24th ranked offense to the 2nd overall offense.  Now, clearly, Allen himself played a HUGE part in that equation and I'm not taking that away from him but I dont think I have it backwards. 

And, I'm one of the few that have been very vocal that the weapons right are now are more than enough.  Yes, another WR is necessary but the offense has been upgraded, for sure.  I think this is going to be a run heavy team as well, top 5 in attempts type run heavy.  Zach needs to make a huge jump this year but I dont think you wait to improve the offense because you want Zach to take a step up first, that's weird.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Ross is a big risk due to the congenital spinal fusion. He may be all right, but who knows? 

20 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I like McLaurin a lot, might be my preferred of the 4 honestly.  But, you better be 100% certain and have a full proof plan because you're not just giving up picks you're taking on what, 18mil a year?  Very risky for arguably the most abundant position available.  None of these guys were 1st round picks.  Supply is at an all time high because of the evolution of college ball.  Ironically, it also has the highest bust potential too, so there is something about getting a proven vet but you cant **** it up because that could be crippling to a team like the Jets.

we agree can't trade picks and  F* it up.  that's why I said trade back and get multiple guys. While that requires another team providing you the opportunity, it would be what I would try or be prepared to trade up in rounds 2 for 3 for a certain player.

I think we all want the "no excuses for Zach" when it comes to being able to judge his play this year. TBH its sketch and he needs to show a lot. Acquiring even a McLaurin even really helps get a known commodity and helps to complete the WR room for this year. Still can draft 1 or maybe 2 WR's. As for potential trade... I'm not really too bullish on, if or who, of those 4 WR's to trade for. I don't think we do unless its a lower price. I don't see JD giving the Tyreke Hill package for those guys. I also feel like if JD is trading for a WR its going to be during the draft now that these guys are sticking their feet in the sand for new deals.

Just the "known/proven" WR, while yes comes with the financial investment, is kind of important. we don't know 100% what Zach is. We hope he is the guy. Corey Davis can be let go next year and that $14 mil opens up so in my mind you pay a known WR now and get some cap relief when Davis is gone and then you just have to hope one of the the WR's you drafted has shown he can play.

but for sure we can't F this up. JD has a solid draft this year and this team could be decently improved.

2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Ross is a big risk due to the congenital spinal fusion. He may be all right, but who knows? 

yeah he is that's why I put him at the end of the list.. could add a Tolbert there 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

He didnt have Diggs the season he improved from a hair over 3K yds and went to 4.5K the next season?  I think you may be mistaken 

• Upvote 2

So Joe Douglas should trade picks for players who are kicking and screaming about more money before their contracts are even up?

Will never happen.  You do that and every player on this team will do this before their contract is up.

Jameson Williams come on down.  You are the next stud drafted by Joe Douglas!! 

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

we agree can't trade picks and  F* it up.  that's why I said trade back and get multiple guys. While that requires another team providing you the opportunity, it would be what I would try or be prepared to trade up in rounds 2 for 3 for a certain player.

I think we all want the "no excuses for Zach" when it comes to being able to judge his play this year. TBH its sketch and he needs to show a lot. Acquiring even a McLaurin even really helps get a known commodity and helps to complete the WR room for this year. Still can draft 1 or maybe 2 WR's. As for potential trade... I'm not really too bullish on, if or who, of those 4 WR's to trade for. I don't think we do unless its a lower price. I don't see JD giving the Tyreke Hill package for those guys. I also feel like if JD is trading for a WR its going to be during the draft now that these guys are sticking their feet in the sand for new deals.

Just the "known/proven" WR, while yes comes with the financial investment, is kind of important. we don't know 100% what Zach is. We hope he is the guy. Corey Davis can be let go next year and that $14 mil opens up so in my mind you pay a known WR now and get some cap relief when Davis is gone and then you just have to hope one of the the WR's you drafted has shown he can play.

but for sure we can't F this up. JD has a solid draft this year and this team could be decently improved.

Well, I lean more on the side of there is no excuse for Zach Wilson in year 2.  Rookie excuse is over.   He was the #2 overall pick.  The combo of White/Flacco/Johnson had the offense last year more explosive and the offense is better this year (Berrios > Crowder + Uzomah/Conklin > Cole + Tomlinson + 2nd year in system + Becton back + Moore not rookie).   That said, they need to complete the WR room and I too am not hard set on how.  I like the idea of a vet but I'd be fine with a rookie as well.  In general, I think WR is a position you need to draft every year.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1