Kwon Alexander in for a visit with NYJ

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Still only 27, thought he was much older. 

I think he had a few good seasons early in his career but never really reached that level again. He’s not Patrick Willis, but the Jets linebackers were low key awful last year and Alexander would help a little bit.

• Upvote 2

Just a to say thanks for putting the 2 minute highlight tape together. I knew him from my studying/preparation with my fantasy football addiction. You can see that he has an ability to shed blocks and tackle. And, he tackles in open spaces, by himself.
I was home that the Jets would consider him before he signed with the Saint’s. He has had some injuries, like more players would. No sure about his blitzing ability or coverage skills. But, signing him reduces the temptation of over drafting a rookie LB early. He does have familiarity when our defensive system and terminology.
I hope that we sign him rather than wait until after the draft when some other team does.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is the last spot on the team where the Jets are lacking competence.  Not spending the extra money for him is a bit of a head scratcher.

Agreed. Head scratcher is exactly how I would describe the off-season handling of the LB position. Hopefully we're not looking at another year of getting absolutely gashed by opposing rushing attacks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You have to love the patience and plan that Joe D has.  No player, especially an average at best linebacker, is going to veer him off that plan.  It is such a great precident to set with players, GMs and agents around the league.  This is the stuff that pays off dividends years down the road.

No more is this team over paying and being taken advantage of.  Joe D has done many great things here and this behavior is at the top of the list.

Just like Riley Reiff, Kwon Alexander is average at best.  The days of overpaying for these types of players are over.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Agreed. Head scratcher is exactly how I would describe the off-season handling of the LB position. Hopefully we're not looking at another year of getting absolutely gashed by opposing rushing attacks.
Let the gashing commence!! Luckily our Dline looks formidable... not enough to offset the derth LB ... but wont be as bad as it could be.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Alexander is an ok at best linebacker.  If stopping the run is going to be a huge problem, it will still be a huge problem with Kwon Alexander.  Signing Kwon Alexander is not solving our run stopping issue if that is even going to be a problem this year.

Kwon Alexander is the latest guy Jet fans have zoned in on.  In reality, he a free agent right now because he is an average at best linebacker looking for above average money.  And the days of the Jets falling for that trick re long gone.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Alexander is an ok at best linebacker.  If stopping the run is going to be a huge problem, it will still be a huge problem with Kwon Alexander.  Signing Kwon Alexander is not solving our run stopping issue if that is even going to be a problem this year.

Kwon Alexander is the latest guy Jet fans have zoned in on.  In reality, he a free agent right now because he is an average at best linebacker looking for above average money.  And the days of the Jets falling for that trick re long gone.

I suspect when Hamsah Nasirlideen is starting and getting blown away and the team is giving up 150 rushing yards a week - JD will regret saving $2mm in cap space.

No on is saying Kwon is a super star but he is an NFL caliber LB - the Jets are lacking a full complement of starters at that level of player on the current roster.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1