KDels Draft Board

kdels62

10 hours ago, Stark said:

I wish I could give this post 3 responses. Because it’s funny, it’s an upvote and post of the week material. I have been targeting this kid in almost every mock I do.  

We can only hope. If that happens I’ll buy a black and a white. F the green jersey lol

Just wait, if we actually do trade for Deebo.   My name change is going to be epic.

JIFaponodeebo'Dale 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Tariq Woolen is super overrated 

I'm at the point of where I think peeps are underrated Stingley.  While I think Sauce is the best prospect in this draft, Stingley really might not be that far behind.  

Getting to wear that #7 at LSU is legit and those dudes have largely, for the most part, been very good in the league and he's freaky with pedigree. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm at the point of where I think peeps are underrated Stingley.  While I think Sauce is the best prospect in this draft, Stingley really might not be that far behind.  

Getting to wear that #7 at LSU is legit and those dudes have largely, for the most part, been very good in the league and he's freaky with pedigree. 

Stingley's freshman tape is excellent. His ability to make plays with his back to the ball was almost Revis like. 

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah I think he ends up, I’m sure I could make a better comparison but it’s the best I’ve got right now, kind of like Adrian Peterson where in retrospect you’re like man this guy fell way too far for medical stuff given he tested just fine. Somebody was talking about his freshman practice tape against Jefferson and Chase.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah I agree. After I posted that I felt like I placed Stingley too low. Which ever team gets him after pick 10 is getting s steal in terms of overall talent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

Yeah I think he ends up, I’m sure I could make a better comparison but it’s the best I’ve got right now, kind of like Adrian Peterson where in retrospect you’re like man this guy fell way too far for medical stuff given he tested just fine. Somebody was talking about his freshman practice tape against Jefferson and Chase.

Or a little more recent and similar positions, Derwin James.  Freak.  Straight freak and just an absolute animal when healthy at FSU but battled injuries his whole career.  Dude went 17 overall and he was 10x the player of Jamal Adams.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yeah I agree. After I posted that I felt like I placed Stingley too low. Which ever team gets him after pick 10 is getting s steal in terms of overall talent.

For sure and I think he's going to be a pros pro who wants to be an all time great, someone who consistently works hard, high character, etc. great culture builder/enhancer type of kid.

36 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

For sure and I think he's going to be a pros pro who wants to be an all time great, someone who consistently works hard, high character, etc. great culture builder/enhancer type of kid.

I feel like we’ll spend all this time talking about how he’s going to go too low and Houston will take him at 3.

Maybe not, but I expect this draft to be really weird.

39 minutes ago, derp said:

I feel like we’ll spend all this time talking about how he’s going to go too low and Houston will take him at 3.

Maybe not, but I expect this draft to be really weird.

Nothing would surprise me in this draft.  I have no clue how this thing is going to go down.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Why do you rank the top 3 tackles in the order you do?

Charles Cross is the best pass protector and good physical testing that could mean he probably end up being close to Brick in terms of career. 

Icky Ekwonu’s testing wasn’t the testing you want for a guy that projects as Raw developmental guy. I’d worry about lateral movement and pass protecting. Might end up a guard.

Evan Neal ends up on the ground a lot and isn’t a dominant people mover like you would expect. If he plays to his tools he is very high potential.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Charles Cross is the best pass protector and good physical testing that could mean he probably end up being close to Brick in terms of career. 

Icky Ekwonu’s testing wasn’t the testing you want for a guy that projects as Raw developmental guy. I’d worry about lateral movement and pass protecting. Might end up a guard.

Evan Neal ends up on the ground a lot and isn’t a dominant people mover like you would expect. If he plays to his tools he is very high potential.

Good analysis.  I'll add the following ..........1) if they are truly worried/fed up with Becton, Cross is the pick at #4.  one starter at LT. 2) Ekwonu in not a LT. His ceiling is a perennial all pro G, his floor a good RT. 3)  pass on Neal, pretty much for the reasons you mentioned above.

On 4/25/2022 at 12:55 PM, kdels62 said:

A2742658-729B-441E-8BCC-09886891633B.thumb.jpeg.85ec28aa9db35ecece5f03ce8073bef5.jpeg
I’ve really flipped on Drake Jackson now that he’s not in the first round consideration. 

7C135588-D836-4A3B-81FB-09334188EEBD.png
it’s not great for the DT depth.

Depth at DT is pretty bad, it's likely 35/38 or bust. Jones feels like a potential target.

Jackson's slipping into a range that he's more interesting. Someone, maybe Brugler or Zierlein on a podcast, talked about his range and opened at 35 which I found interesting. I wonder if edge is the move up target if they pass on Thibodeaux, though I wouldn't mind if they take him.

• Upvote 2

On 4/25/2022 at 12:55 PM, kdels62 said:

A2742658-729B-441E-8BCC-09886891633B.thumb.jpeg.85ec28aa9db35ecece5f03ce8073bef5.jpeg
I’ve really flipped on Drake Jackson now that he’s not in the first round consideration. 

7C135588-D836-4A3B-81FB-09334188EEBD.png
it’s not great for the DT depth.

Based on visits and the senior bowl stuff, I think there's a high likelihood that if Winfrey or Wyatt are available with a 2nd rounder they're one of the picks. Possibly Jones as well, but I'm thinking the other two guys are more likely.

44 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

@Paradis

Can you tell me why Rachaad White sucks? I like him a lot but I feel like I’m missing something.

lol he doesn't suck. And this is coming from someone who was not sweet on him prior to testing and such this offseason. But he's grown on me... reminds me of Kerryon Johnson, with less pop... which i think is tied to your question. He's kind of WR trapped in a RBs body. He has vision, and runs with patience in that glide through style, I like his contact balance, and has good hands - better in space like a receiver... The reason he's not looked as highly as others (imo) is he doesn't have a lot *punch* when he does have to hit north-south. There's a lack of conviction at times, or willingness impose his lane on defenders. He's more reactive than active in traffic.  He's a deluxe COP back to me

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

lol he doesn't suck. And this is coming from someone who was not sweet on him prior to testing and such this offseason. But he's grown on me... reminds me of Kerryon Johnson, with less pop... which i think is tied to your question. He's kind of WR trapped in a RBs body. He has vision, and runs with patience in that glide through style, I like his contact balance, and has good hands - better in space like a receiver... The reason he's not looked as highly as others (imo) is he doesn't have a lot *punch* when he does have to hit north-south. There's a lack of conviction at times, or willingness impose his lane on defenders. He's more reactive than active in traffic.  He's a deluxe COP back to me

So you’re saying Rachaad White in the 4th… 

• Sympathy 1

On 4/20/2022 at 8:55 AM, JiFapono said:

Wan'Dale being rated as the 15th best receiver is criminal, CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!!!    He's going to ball so hard and I'm going to be so obnoxious about it.  I havent even been obnoxious about my Deebo call the day declared, I'm going to be so obnoxious about Wan'Dale.  Might even change my name again JiFapono'Dale.

Its true. I remember you fawning for deebo and you havent gloated much

1 minute ago, derp said:

I would’ve preferred Karlaftis to Johnson but all in all happy they moved up for an edge, not a bad night for you. Fun feeling pretty open tomorrow.

Jermaine Johnson was my 12th overall player so I think he’s good. I just think he’s Bryan Thomas rather than peak Shaun Ellis which what I think Karlaftis is. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Jermaine Johnson was my 12th overall player so I think he’s good. I just think he’s Bryan Thomas rather than peak Shaun Ellis which what I think Karlaftis is. 

I’d take Karlaftis if he’s there tomorrow, would like a guy to kick JFM inside. Maybe that’s Johnson and they get smaller which I wouldn’t mind either, he can play the run. Also Wyatt/Winfrey though.

Sauce at 4 and Wilson at 10 were home run picks. I'm not a huge JJ fan for the reasons I stated earlier, but after reading more about his back story, he has persevered through a lot to get to where he is, so I think he has the right mentality and maybe he can continue to improve as a pass rusher. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, maury77 said:

Sauce at 4 and Wilson at 10 were home run picks. I'm not a huge JJ fan for the reasons I stated earlier, but after reading more about his back story, he has persevered through a lot to get to where he is, so I think he has the right mentality and maybe he can continue to improve as a pass rusher. 

Same here. Personally i’m not opposed to taking a couple edge guys to take a couple swings at a position of critical importance, but understand if they didn’t. Our 2nd round pick should also be a very good player given who is left. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Same here. Personally i’m not opposed to taking a couple edge guys to take a couple swings at a position of critical importance, but understand if they didn’t. Our 2nd round pick should also be a very good player given who is left. 

Yeah, I was advocating for skipping edge with the first 2 picks and double dipping there with the 2 second round picks. Obviously JJ dropping somewhat changed that, but I'm happy to pick Mafe or Ebiketie with the next second rounder. Lawson hasn't been the picture of health his professional career, so double dipping makes sense. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, maury77 said:

32 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

JJ at 26 is a great pick, IMO.  High character, ridiculous motor, wants to be great, coachable, etc.  I understand some of the feedback you guys have had on him but what is really the difference between him and say, Hutch?  Both showed out as seniors, same size, same athletic profile.  I watch them and neither are ridiculous bendy edge guys, more power and motor than anything else.  Your hoping to develop both their pass rush skills.  While I dont love having to move up, I totally understand it and I think they know without a shadow of a doubt, they're getting a dude who absolutely loves ball and has an immediate transferable skill set.

• Upvote 1