Joe Benigno "Oh the Pain Podcast"

Did not listen but would love to know how he explains how the jets won?

heard a small piece about last week where he ranted that the jets lost to the pats because the stadium is horrible, full of pats fans etc.

yesterday same stadium way more bills fans yet the jets won.

did he explain how?

12 minutes ago, Trotter said:

heard a small piece about last week where he ranted that the jets lost to the pats because the stadium is horrible, full of pats fans etc.

did he explain how?

He said we have the best defense in the NFL (potentially the best Jet defense in team history) and had effusive praise for the coaching.  Loved LaFleur's game plan to run the ball, not turn it over and let the defense win the game.   Says something like "say what you want about Zach but he's 5-1".  

At 6:16 he says something about how negative he's always been as a Jet fan (because he's been burned forever by this team) but that this team has a different feel to it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

did he explain how?

LOL I walked into the stadium with him. He came to our tailgate. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

WHAT?!?!  That's awesome!  Can you share the convo? 

I sold my ticket because we set up a 100 inch screen in the parking lot. But then my brother came up to me and told me Beningo had a ticket if I wanted to go into the stadium. It was his friend actually who ordered a ticket instead of a parking pass by accident. So I bought the ticket from his friend and the three of us walked to the stadium together. 

I forget what we talked about while waiting to get in, nothing substantial except for him asking me if I go on my brother's twitter spaces as well and him thanking me for bailing his friend out. I also told him that I didn't even feel the Mets implosion because of the Jets and he said he did. 

Nobody recognized him. He was cool. Good energy. Not a miserabile. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I sold my ticket because we set up a 100 inch screen in the parking lot. But then my brother came up to me and told me Beningo had a ticket if I wanted to go into the stadium. It was his friend actually who ordered a ticket instead of a parking pass by accident. So I bought the ticket from his friend and the three of us walked to the stadium together. 

I forget what we talked about while waiting to get in, nothing substantial except for him asking me if I go on my brother's twitter spaces as well and him thanking me for bailing his friend out. I also told him that I didn't even feel the Mets implosion because of the Jets and he said he did. 

Nobody recognized him. He was cool. Good energy. Not a miserabile. 

So cool!  Joe B goes on your brother's twitter spaces?  Surprised if so since I wouldn't think of him as being "tech savvy" (not that you really have to be savvy for that).  Any chance you can share your brother's twitter spaces?  I'll check it out.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So cool!  Joe B goes on your brother's twitter spaces?  Surprised if so since I wouldn't think of him as being "tech savvy" (not that you really have to be savvy for that).  Any chance you can share your brother's twitter spaces?  I'll check it out.

No, he's friends with our "cousin" (actually our cousin's cousin) who has a "show" on my brother's space. 

The Jet Lounge

• Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

LOL I walked into the stadium with him. He came to our tailgate. 

I listened to Benigno's podcast today and he said he didn't go to the game.   

Maybe I misinterpreted you and you meant that you walked in with Joe B's friend to the game?  Or did you eat at Pinocchio's Pizza recently or something?  Lol

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I listened to Benigno's podcast today and he said he didn't go to the game.   

Maybe I misinterpreted you and you meant that you walked in with Joe B's friend to the game?  Or did you eat at Pinocchio's Pizza recently or something?  Lol

He was at the New England game. I responded to trotter's post about his thoughts on that game, the stadium etc

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Feels like everyone is hating on Joe for being everything this forum is, win or loss. 

Nothing new. There is a segment (small?) of JN who openly hate on Jet fans who have recognition via media. See Fireman Ed and others. It's like they haven't advanced from the high school popularity mentality with all the petty jealousy and sophomoric name calling included. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Nothing new. There is a segment (small?) of JN who openly hate on Jet fans who have recognition via media. See Fireman Ed and others. It's like they haven't advanced from the high school popularity mentality with all the petty jealousy and sophomoric name calling included. 

It's funny because I enjoy listening to Joe B but mostly can't stand Fireman Ed. 

4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

What exactly is the appeal of Fireman Ed though? 

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Joe B definitely has to be looked at as comedy.   And a steam valve (when the team stinks, as it has for the past decade or so).

I tend to agree with him more when the team stinks.  Listening to him after debacle losses is like a form of cheap entertainment / therapy.

I don't recognize the guy I'm hearing now.  He's getting a little over his skis with the enthusiasm, I think, but hey, it's his right and can't blame him.

He's been suffering with this team as long as anybody.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jet9 said:

What exactly is the appeal of Fireman Ed though? 

4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I'm not Ed's pimp and It's not my biz whether or not anyone cares for what he does. 

4 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Lol, take it easy. I just never got the whole idea of him. 

1728645336_ArmsHorizontal.gif.98c87ae0a876574d1450b07cbcd3a34e.gif