When the Universe is through being inconspicuous

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

243299956_ScreenShot2022-04-19at9_42_07PM.thumb.png.d3bbc55e0bda335886eb505973c50c28.png

LOL 

Well, worst kept secret in the NFL is that the Jets will be drafting a WR who will at minimum require a guaranteed roster spot. My guess is barring a trade for a star WR, we take one in Rd. 1. Whether its at 4 or 10 or via trade up, I don't know. But he will probably go into the season as the 3rd WR behind Davis and Moore with Berrios as the official 4th, having specific roles (KR/PR) and extra snaps set aside for his strengths. 

So really, once the first round is in the books, in about a week, you could argue the top 4 WR spots on the Jets roster are spoken for. 

And then you have the Mims conundrum. Clearly a guy with tons of talent who the Jets are not ready to give up on. No reason to cut him before you have to trim down your roster. He will DEFINITELY have a shot to fight for the #5, potentially #6 WR spots. And I would say he has a pretty decent chance to make the team. He literally just has to beat out the likes of Cager, Tarik Black, Adams, Jeff Smith, Montgomery and potentially an UDFA. *One caveat that would spell disaster for Mims is if the Jets double-dip at WR fairly early- like Rd. 4 or 5. I don't see that happening.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

LOL 

Well, worst kept secret in the NFL is that the Jets will be drafting a WR who will at minimum require a guaranteed roster spot. My guess is barring a trade for a star WR, we take one in Rd. 1. Whether its at 4 or 10 or via trade up, I don't know. But he will probably go into the season as the 3rd WR behind Davis and Moore with Berrios as the official 4th, having specific roles (KR/PR) and extra snaps set aside for his strengths. 

So really, once the first round is in the books, in about a week, you could argue the top 4 WR spots on the Jets roster are spoken for. 

And then you have the Mims conundrum. Clearly a guy with tons of talent who the Jets are not ready to give up on. No reason to cut him before you have to trim down your roster. He will DEFINITELY have a shot to fight for the #5, potentially #6 WR spots. And I would say he has a pretty decent chance to make the team. He literally just has to beat out the likes of Cager, Tarik Black, Adams, Jeff Smith, Montgomery and potentially an UDFA. *One caveat that would spell disaster for Mims is if the Jets double-dip at WR fairly early- like Rd. 4 or 5. I don't see that happening.  

I really like Berrios.... as the WR4.  He's almost perfect in that role given his KR/PR duties.  It will be amazing to look back and realize he was essentially the WR1 in a couple games last season with the injuries to Davis, Moore, etc.

The Jets biggest addition to the WR corps might simply be health.  If you tell me that Davis and Moore both play 15+ games I'll guarantee the passing game is better even without an additional WR added in the Draft or via trade.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I really like Berrios.... as the WR4.  He's almost perfect in that role given his KR/PR duties.  It will be amazing to look back and realize he was essentially the WR1 in a couple games last season with the injuries to Davis, Moore, etc.

The Jets biggest addition to the WR corps might simply be health.  If you tell me that Davis and Moore both play 15+ games I'll guarantee the passing game is better even without an additional WR added in the Draft or via trade.

Or Mims. Mims, to me is a huge X-factor. He clearly has the talent and we have seen glimpses from him with pretty poor and inconsistent QB play. If he comes into this season and actually contributes, actually turns into a weapon rather than a liability on the field, it will be a big boost to the WR core. 

• Upvote 3