the Revis way

kmnj

looks like revis was just a man ahead of the game-all of these players now are forcing management to pay them or get rid of them.  As a fan I would welcome in a stud wr but also as a fan i do not like the direction the league is heading. It reminds me of the NBA . The owners are creating their own monster by signing guys to their teams that just forced their way out of another team

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Do people think this is something new?

lol

It’a definitely been an opportunistic market for WR’s of late, and they’re always the biggest diva’s but players are nothing but mercenaries and for good reason. They’ve always wanted to make as much as possible and have done whatever it takes to get paid.

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

lol

It’a definitely been an opportunistic market for WR’s of late, and they’re always the biggest diva’s but players are nothing but mercenaries and for good reason. They’ve always wanted to make as much as possible and have done whatever it takes to get paid.

It makes me laugh that people would accuse these guys of wanting to make as much money as possible.  To us, football is entertainment but, to them, it's their career.  If any of us were football players we'd be the same way (chasing the money).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Jet said:

They have a tiny window to make as much money as possible and the contract isn’t even guaranteed. 

Yeah because when they retire from football at age 32 they have no more time or years to earn any more money. They have to live off those 2-10 years of earnings for the next 50-60 years. /s

Most of us don't make in a lifetime what some of these guys earn in one season.  

They won the genetic lottery.  They're able to play a game for millions in a league that makes billions for a short while.  The players should absolutely scratch and kick for every single extra penny they can get. 

Besides, i like to think of it as more money for players means less money for Woody Johnson.  Probably not true, but I like to think it.

• Haha 1

Meh .. my only issue is that I preferred when our money was going towards full on bloodsport ...

... today any genetically/athletically gifted gent can get paid ...

I'd pay millions for a guy risking his life

I'd prefer not to pay millions for a guy playing against air.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

lol

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2944264-11-nfl-legends-who-demanded-to-be-traded

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's defiantly not the way I remember it.

He was always looking to renegotiate his contract - year in and year out he threatened hold-outs.  it was tiresome. 

He held out at the end of his 1st contract during Hard Knox’s. During his second deal Idzik traded him to Tampa.

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

looks like revis was just a man ahead of the game-all of these players now are forcing management to pay them or get rid of them.  As a fan I would welcome in a stud wr but also as a fan i do not like the direction the league is heading. It reminds me of the NBA . The owners are creating their own monster by signing guys to their teams that just forced their way out of another team

Employees grossly outplaying their rookie deals or not enjoying their time are asking for trades/extensions. Seems reasonable to me. 

So as a fan, what's the problem?