Apple TV likely taking over Sunday ticket

Matt39

53 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So I own a sports bar and knew streaming was coming so I just upgraded to fiber optic internet. 1g.   
it’s fast enough to run 7 tvs without a problem.  Have had ticket four years now.  

Does Apple TV have an app, or is it only on a Apple TV?

Believe it's currently only offered through the Apple TV device.

Have you ran a cable event next to your stream in real time? 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I have an Apple TV app on my Ruku TV.  Use it all the time.  It sucks just as much as the Apple TV I have on another TV just cheaper.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

300k bars and restaurants subscribe at a rate based on capacity. Doubt Apple gives up or shares that revenue stream.

They will have to. Apple is not going to create their own Satellite TV service and build all the satellites to support it. And streaming will not work for bars and there is no way the NFL makes any deal that excludes bars

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Apple TV is just an app and can be seen on any smart TV or online

1 minute ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Direct tv on rest of TVs.  
it’s as fast but delayed 

Yeah they delay is going to be an issue for live sports. Will you continue to use the dish if available for NFL Sundays? 

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah they delay is going to be an issue for live sports. Will you continue to use the dish if available for NFL Sundays? 

Just as a retort in my experience the last couple of years streaming NFL Sunday Ticket the game streams are actually about 5-6 seconds ahead of red zone even when they go "live"

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Just as a retort in my experience the last couple of years streaming NFL Sunday Ticket the game streams are actually about 5-6 seconds ahead of red zone even when they go "live"

Redzone is always wonky with timing and Hanson generally seems perplexed. The concept of RZ is great, the execution generally leaves something to be desired. 

59 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Absolutely.    It’s really a great set up for a bar.  Mine is small so it’s not that expensive. 

1 minute ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Absolutely.    It’s really a great set up for a bar.  Mine is small so it’s not that expensive. 

Where’s your watering hole if you don’t mind me asking?

20 hours ago, Matt39 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/18/report-apple-is-likely-landing-sunday-ticket/

Seems good and bad. Streams for live sports/big audiences is still terrible. More access I guess. Will be a disaster for sports bars year 1. Cap going up for sure.

Streams through legitimate services aren’t terrible.  I streamed Sunday Ticket a few years ago and there wasn’t lag or connectivity concerns.  The Mets were on Apple 🍏 vs the Nats in 4K and the picture was awesome

On 4/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, nj meadowlands said:

I've rarely had lags / buffering issues when streaming ticket.  Just need to make sure your internet connection is good.  My biggest complaints with ticket are 1) that they black out the game being aired in the local market (they should let me enter my cable provider information) and 2) that they black out ALL games when you're attending an NFL game (this makes zero effing sense)

I have a 1 gig connection and nba league pass through amazon prime was still almost unwatchable at times.  I stream a lot and never have problems, other than live sporting events.  

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Question for you cord cutters ... to stream ESPN and NFL network is Sling TV the best option ?

I subscribe to Fubo.tv because my cable provider dropped MSG and SNY. Costs $70/month. Also has NFL Network and ESPN.

If you need/want YES Network too, the only 1 (that I know of) that has all 3 is AT&T Direct TV stream.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Question for you cord cutters ... to stream ESPN and NFL network is Sling TV the best option ?

I really didn't think much of Sling. Friend at work swears by Fubo.

I go basic cable with one box(added sports package).  Stream on the other 3 tv's.  Use cable login to watch ESPN, FOX sports, NBC SPORTS, etc. on their apps which are installed on those TV's.

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2022 at 1:35 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Surprised so many are down on this. For those of us for whom satellite was never an option this is great.

Also, the picture quality on Apple TV for the Mets game last Friday was spectacular -- far better than any you'll ever get on traditional cable satellite.

I got Apple TV for free last year.  Lots of good original content on there plus even if you have to pay extra for Sunday Ticket I'm sure it will still be cheaper than Direct TV. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2022 at 6:42 PM, Matt39 said:

Redzone is always wonky with timing and Hanson generally seems perplexed. The concept of RZ is great, the execution generally leaves something to be desired. 

Redzone is excellent.  Tbh I don't even know why they provide it because it's such a good product it almost makes Sunday Ticket unnecessary

26 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Redzone is excellent.  Tbh I don't even know why they provide it because it's such a good product it almost makes Sunday Ticket unnecessary

You watch the Siciliano or Hanson version?

Agree though Im surprised Goodell still allows it