Zach Wilson - some good news from PFF

This is why 'highlight reels' can be so deceiving. You could make a highlight reel of Zacks good throws and anyone who watched it would swear Zack must have been the top QB in the entire league. Same thing applies when watching highlight reels of these draft choices coming out. If you really want a good read on a player, skip the highlights and go back and watch an entire game or two.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

This is why 'highlight reels' can be so deceiving. You could make a highlight reel of Zacks good throws and anyone who watched it would swear Zack must have been the top QB in the entire league. Same thing applies when watching highlight reels of these draft choices coming out. If you really want a good read on a player, skip the highlights and go back and watch an entire game or two.

Watch their games against top competition. 

Like Coastal Carolina. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, freestater said:

Watch their games against top competition. 

Like Coastal Carolina. 

I don't suppose you actually watched the CC game.

Zach was actually good in that game.  Lots of drops and he rallied the team late to almost pull out the win. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach was actually good in that game.  Lots of drops and he rallied the team late to almost pull out the win. 

Does any of this matter now?

We have an entire year of real film of him playing real NFL football.

What he did in the minors is pretty much irrelevant now.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's what I was saying. 

Coastal Carolina was some of his stiffer competition. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Does any of this matter now?

We have an entire year of real film of him playing real NFL football.

What he did in the minors is pretty much irrelevant now.

Of course not.  and completely agree.  Entirely meaningless...

I was just responding to someone else - but i actually misread his quote...he was agreeing..  My fault there.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course not.  and completely agree.  Entirely meaningless...

I was just responding to someone else - but i actually misread his quote...he was agreeing..  My fault there.

So used to haters, hard to tell when someone isn't?  LOL. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

My fault then....I thought you were saying the opposite.  Apologize.

No worries. I'm optimistic about Zach's improvement late last season. When his receiver corp was guys off the street. Thats why this draft/offseason is so damn important. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Why would you bet $100 that the quarterback on your favorite team won’t develop?

Oh yeah you’re 14 in green the Giants fan.

GFY 

I guess this is your way of saying  “No thanks, I was talking out of my a** when I said Wilson will be a top 15 QB this year and Top 5 the next.” 

No problem, Jimmy. At least you were classy about it!

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

1 Complete pass of 25 yards for a td is a stat.  Doesn't mean anything.  A small sample size can show random changes have a large apparent effect on the analysis of the data.   In this case that's what they have done.  It's not relevant. 

A fact doesn't make a relevant conclusion.  

And it works the other way.  A lot of attempts can hid a bad performance.  
As someone who was involved in research, too many instances isn’t better, it’s worse.  
Saying it’s not relevant because of too few instances is wrong.  

On 4/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, FidelioJet said:

We all know Zach wasn't good this year and that overall he had some really bad numbers.  As of late though some PFF metrics have come out that I find interesting and offer something positive.

Three data points stand out to me that are worthy of aggregating into one thread.

• 4th highest passing rating in the redzone for the season - 105.4
  • 4th highest pass percentage in throwing into tight windows for the season - 32.1%
  • 5th highest passer rating on short passes from weeks 15-18 - 114.1

Again, let me be clear - this doesn't mean a whole lot of anything - and each of these have been posted here already individually - but as a whole it's just something that's nice to see.

Would be interesting to know how many red zone passing attempts  were made. 

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson played the toughest schedule in the NFL - seemingly by a lot.  This is without the final two games against Buffalo and Tampa (two top defenses)

FQ84w02WUAIyGVJ-1.jpeg.542b4e82009e27443ee9a475b5038b8e.jpeg

Based on that chart and logic Tua, Trevor Siemian, Teddy bridgewater and Tyrod Taylor were all better than Joe Burrow last season

1 hour ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Based on that chart and logic Tua, Trevor Siemian, Teddy bridgewater and Tyrod Taylor were all better than Joe Burrow last season

No. Not at all.

But it does, based on that chart, show Burrow played the easiest defensive schedule  in the NFL last season.