Trade Zach Wilson + picks for Kyler Murray?

Moin Moin

I'm all in on Zach and the Jets, and I don't think this hypothetical deal is remotely close to reality (I'm less sure than the writer that Murray isn't leaving the Cardinals, though).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/story/_/id/33751107/nfl-mock-draft-2022-all-trades-bill-barnwell-proposes-deals-all-32-picks-swaps-kyler-murray-dk-metcalf-jimmy-garoppolo

I'm wondering how many Jet fans who don't want Zach to be the quarterback of the future think that Kyler Murray would be a better option short and long term. 

His scenario of Wilson, this year's 10th pick, this year's 3rd round, and next year's first round pick in exchange for Murray and a 4th round pick next year is insane, in my opinion. 

• Thumb Down 10
  • Haha 4

I'm all in on Zach and the Jets, and I don't think this hypothetical deal is remotely close to reality (I'm less sure than the writer that Murray isn't leaving the Cardinals, though).
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/story/_/id/33751107/nfl-mock-draft-2022-all-trades-bill-barnwell-proposes-deals-all-32-picks-swaps-kyler-murray-dk-metcalf-jimmy-garoppolo
I'm wondering how many Jet fans who don't want Zach to be the quarterback of the future think that Kyler Murray would be a better option short and long term. 
His scenario of Wilson, this year's 10th pick, this year's 3rd round, and next year's first round pick in exchange for Murray and a 4th round pick next year is insane, in my opinion. 
/ban /lock /gather posse
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No.

And I'm not much of a "Zach Believer", and the answer is still no.

I'm probably one of the people on this board who is the lowest on Wilson and even I would not take make this deal. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Moin Moin said:

No

Murray wants a mega deal, he hasn't won crap, and he did not show up in big games for the Cards.

I'm not giving  up a QB, and picks, and a mega contract for that.

...but it's not as if the former baseball star has been Patrick Mahomes or Justin Herbert so far.

By Jets standards, though, Murray might as well be Joe Namath

Translation: "He's not really that good but Jet fans would salivate over him!"

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

I'm probably one of the people on this board who is the lowest on Wilson 

I do have to say that even though you're low on Wilson, you're not douchey and scorched earth about it, which is appreciated. And I assume if he comes around you'll be happy that we have a good qb. Others are just negative for the sake of it.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Moin Moin said:

Hell No